This is just my personal opinion. I think the matte surface of the keyboard on Priv makes it super comfortable and nice to type on or move fingers across. The KEYone keyboard is too sticky somehow and the typing experience is not quite as nice and as intuitive as Priv. The KEYone keyboard sometimes even sticks on my finger after I finish typing on that letter and makes a squeaking sound, which is still kind of weird to me.

What are your thoughts on this?
    07-01-17 04:17 AM
    After reading your post I put my finger on the K1 keyboard and took it off, then did the same to the Priv and I know what you're insinuating.

We can't all have the perfect device. Each phone is unique in its own right. The K1 keyboard is unique and I personally think it's great. But I also think the Priv keyboard is great. People had so much gripes when it came to the Priv keyboard saying it should of had this or had that, not realizing the phone is unique it's it's own way.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 05:01 AM
    No me like the feeling of the K1 by a mile it's cozy deep spongy
    07-01-17 05:58 AM
    I like the physical keyboard of the BlackBerry PRIV and BlackBerry KEYone. each keyboard has its strengths and weaknesses but overall the BlackBerry KEYone physical keyboard enables me to type a bit faster without and friction as my thumbs move from key to key. maybe if the BlackBerry KEYone keyboard used the same keys as the BlackBerry PRIV but each key being the size of those of the BlackBerry KEYone, it would be the best of both worlds. The glassy coating on the BlackBerry KEYone keyboard has the obvious advantage of the old school BlackBerry keyboard with the disadvantage of potential glass breakage or cracking.
    07-01-17 06:37 AM
    Love my KEYone keyboard as it is. Much like my Bold 9900 keyboard, very nice indeed.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-01-17 06:40 AM
    Isn't it something? That once upon a time... man desperately struggled to find his next meal... protect himself from predators... fight off disease...

... and here we are today... talking 'bout a bad keyboard.

They should've made the KEYone keyboard matte like Priv.-mm.png
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-01-17 06:45 AM
    Owned both passport and PRIV in the past I can definitely write much faster to my KEYone.
    more I enjoy more the feeling of typing in the KEYone than to the others.
    Of course this is my personal opinion.
    07-01-17 02:27 PM
    Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to keyboards. I've owned around 10 or more different qwerty pkb phones from different manufacturers and they all took time to get used to. Right now I agree with the OP, although I've never used a PRIV, but I feel that the K1 should have had the same type of keys as the Passport. However, it took me quite some time to get completely comfortable with the Passport's keyboard, and I suspect that is the case with K1 as well. I'm still not comfortable with the keyboard, but I expect to be within a few more weeks. I still keep swiping down to get to the symbols at times, lol, so it's definitely a learning curve.
    07-01-17 02:55 PM
    The key travel on the Priv was a bit too shallow. And I really dig how elegant the KEYone keyboard looks in contrast to the Priv.
    07-01-17 04:45 PM
    they keyboard on the PRIV was garbage
    07-01-17 07:17 PM
    For me, K1 keyboard is nice. The Priv was just average. I prefer the Q10 best. Classic was close to Q10. The PP was too stiff and wide making it slow and clumsy to type. The Q5 very clicky and tactile. I had a Bold too and that was great but it was too long ago so cannot recall the feeling now.
    07-01-17 07:32 PM
    After reading your post I put my finger on the K1 keyboard and took it off, then did the same to the Priv and I know what you're insinuating.

We can't all have the perfect device. Each phone is unique in its own right. The K1 keyboard is unique and I personally think it's great. But I also think the Priv keyboard is great. People had so much gripes when it came to the Priv keyboard saying it should of had this or had that, not realizing the phone is unique it's it's own way.

Posted via CB10
    The PRIV kb was a touch too small for my personal usage!
    07-02-17 10:22 AM