I found these on Ebay for excellent prices. I just need help finding out if they will work on Verizon.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...l_noapp%3Dtrue

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...QAAOSw63FaD0l7

I can't afford the KEYone even after the price drop and without Verizon carrying this or the KEY2 I won't be able to buy a new BlackBerry. My Priv has seen better days at this point.
    06-11-18 05:15 PM
    They are for Sprint so, don’t think so.
    You can show the ad to the reps at a Verizon store, to double check
    06-11-18 06:19 PM
    Darn shame but I think you're right. They have a unique android os sprint build
    06-11-18 06:20 PM
    You can show the ad to the reps at a Verizon store, to double check
    But how would I know which BBB100-3 is meant for Verizon. Could a factory reset be an option to use it on VZW?
    06-11-18 07:50 PM
    You have to ask Verizon
    Zukadomis likes this.
    06-11-18 09:08 PM
    Best Buy seemed to have a good price earlier today. But "price" is relative.
    06-11-18 09:37 PM
    I'll try but last time I asked they said as long as it's CDMA. Then they try to throw a Samsung at me. Thank you though, I may have to just hope the Priv holds out another year.
    06-11-18 10:00 PM
    Yeah, I am a substitute teacher and until I can be hired full-time, paying an upfront total cost is not in my budget. I was able to get both Priv's we currently have for free and all of my BlackBerry's I ever had has always been an "Upgrade" so I would get them for free or $50 dollars.
    06-11-18 10:02 PM
    Yeah, I am a substitute teacher and until I can be hired full-time, paying an upfront total cost is not in my budget. I was able to get both Priv's we currently have for free and all of my BlackBerry's I ever had has always been an "Upgrade" so I would get them for free or $50 dollars.
    Not $50 but ...

Best Buy, Verizon $349.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=sdmkrYPt
    06-12-18 08:47 AM
    Update: Went into a Verizon store and asked if a sprint phone would work on the Verizon network. They said It should work fine, which phone? I said Blackberry Keyone . . . They chuckled and asked why do I want a Blackberry. He asked someone else if Blackberry Keyone even works on the network. One employee said some do. I said it's fine the Keyone CDMA is Verizon compatible. He said as long as there is no owed money on the account that the phone is linked to it will work. So, then why do they have to sell two different CDMA phones? He said Sprint doesn't use the same firmware that Verizon uses. I said that would be a software update from the respected companies and have nothing to do with the hardware. So I am going to ask at the minimum five Verizon stores to see what the most consistent story is. Because if I can use the Sprint CDMA phone on Verizon then damn I'll save myself another 200 bones.
    06-13-18 08:14 PM
    Update: Went into a Verizon store and asked if a sprint phone would work on the Verizon network. They said It should work fine, which phone? I said Blackberry Keyone . . . They chuckled and asked why do I want a Blackberry. He asked someone else if Blackberry Keyone even works on the network. One employee said some do. I said it's fine the Keyone CDMA is Verizon compatible. He said as long as there is no owed money on the account that the phone is linked to it will work. So, then why do they have to sell two different CDMA phones? He said Sprint doesn't use the same firmware that Verizon uses. I said that would be a software update from the respected companies and have nothing to do with the hardware. So I am going to ask at the minimum five Verizon stores to see what the most consistent story is. Because if I can use the Sprint CDMA phone on Verizon then damn I'll save myself another 200 bones.
    If you try it, make sure you can return it.
    06-13-18 09:37 PM
    If you try it, make sure you can return it.
    I would love to, however, it would be on swappa or ebay and most of those cats do not allow returns. Swindlers
    06-13-18 09:47 PM
    The meant for Verizon BBB100-3 and Sprint BBB100-3 do not use the same firmware.

Maybe someone more capable than I could assist you in flashing a non-sprint build to the device, if even possible.

To begin with, the device will need to be unlocked for "international use" (as the owner of the device should put it to resolve the unlock most quickly) by Sprint; just to get the sprint keyone to recognize another sim other than sprint's
    06-13-18 11:06 PM
    In terms of radio connectivity, there is some overlap between the radio bands and VZ' LTE network. Problem is the phone doesn't always use LTE or use it for all things.

It may also be more difficult than expected getting a different autoloader onto the device.

Please note that even if you do everything not all features will work (see the sticky thread to activate wifi calling on VZ). I'm not (yet) convinced you would be able to get that portion of it to work, but I'd be very interested in your results.

Good luck.
    06-14-18 06:11 AM
    In terms of radio connectivity, there is some overlap between the radio bands and VZ' LTE network. Problem is the phone doesn't always use LTE or use it for all things.

Please note that even if you do everything not all features will work (see the sticky thread to activate wifi calling on VZ). I'm not (yet) convinced you would be able to get that portion of it to work, but I'd be very interested in your results.

Good luck.

Thank you, yeah, I am going to continue talking to various VZW retailers. They will be flagship stores as well as independent stores. However, I believe, Best Buy will give me my best answer. They sell both Sprint and VZW contracts.
    It may also be more difficult than expected getting a different autoloader onto the device.
    Last edited by Zukadomis; 06-14-18 at 07:52 AM. Reason: I wrote my reply inside of the quote I was replying to
    06-14-18 06:36 AM
    When folks here post Autoloaders for the KeyOne (when new security update is released), SPRINT (and AT&T and China) are always excluded. The autoloaders do not work. So, there's obviously certain things different about the Sprint model. I would not count on it working nor being able to tweak it easily.
    06-14-18 10:03 AM
    Thank you, yeah, I am going to continue talking to various VZW retailers. They will be flagship stores as well as independent stores. However, I believe, Best Buy will give me my best answer. They sell both Sprint and VZW contracts.
    One note on Best Buy: my experience was that they can't tell the difference between the K1's. I wanted the Silver GSM BBB100-1 (since they didn't offer the black), so they sold me one. Turned out they sold me the Silver CDMA BBB100-3. I took it back and they checked their system. They were totally perplexed as to why it wouldn't work on a GSM network. I explained to them that there are different K1's for different services, and they stood strong on them selling only one kind of the silver.

Well they found out that their system has two colors: Silver & Black. These are the same exact colors. The black isn't the real BE. It's literally the silver. Well their "black" version is the GSM phone, and they swapped me.

Just because a seller sells multiple carriers doesn't mean they know anything about the carriers, the phones, or anything in between.
    phuoc and FF22 like this.
    06-14-18 11:21 AM
    One note on Best Buy: my experience was that they can't tell the difference between the K1's. I wanted the Silver GSM BBB100-1 (since they didn't offer the black), so they sold me one. Turned out they sold me the Silver CDMA BBB100-3. I took it back and they checked their system. They were totally perplexed as to why it wouldn't work on a GSM network. I explained to them that there are different K1's for different services, and they stood strong on them selling only one kind of the silver.

Well they found out that their system has two colors: Silver & Black. These are the same exact colors. The black isn't the real BE. It's literally the silver. Well their "black" version is the GSM phone, and they swapped me.

Just because a seller sells multiple carriers doesn't mean they know anything about the carriers, the phones, or anything in between.
    Well played.
    06-14-18 12:54 PM