I've overall enjoyed my run with BlackBerry devices, Passport, Priv, KEYᵒⁿᵉ...

There were hiccoughs. My Passport initially overheated too hot to hold all better after the last bb10 OS update... I saw bb10 EOL, and went for the Priv.

My Priv was fine until the microUSB failed followed by spending some money to replace it only to discover it was the connection block above on the motherboard at fault... got a recycled motherboard installed but microUSB died again very soon... with QI charge I still use it sometimes, but with lag and heat issues as well, I moved to KEYᵒⁿᵉ...

KEYᵒⁿᵉ has no lag and heat issues in my usage with around 200 apps on it and a 400GB microSDXC, but the screen is small and not as sharp as the Priv...

I am wondering now as all I see here are EOL announcements. I see no advantage in a second generation of the Key device; mine works fine.

But the end is nigh, and I wonder about the new to come Razr model, keeping the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a wifi home device...

...because BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile have shown me no way forward.
    Attached Thumbnails There's just no way forward from here.-moto-razr.jpg  
    05-04-19 12:28 PM
    I'm too looking forward to the razor but it's got a hefty price tag with mediocre specs. and the keyone will last as long as you make it to. I won't be upgrading for a while even if no more security updates come through. android Oreo will be relevant for quite some time and play services and playstore will be updated as usual so it's still got life left in it. I'm very late in getting a keyone and I've had mine for little over a week and enjoying it, so I won't be upgrading till at least next year or year after.
    05-04-19 01:09 PM

That's the precise point that BlackBerry Mobile spoke to at CES in February.

They have decided to delay the launch of the next device until there is something compelling for existing KEY users to upgrade to.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    05-04-19 02:11 PM
    I've overall enjoyed my run with BlackBerry devices, Passport, Priv, KEYᵒⁿᵉ...

There were hiccoughs. My Passport initially overheated too hot to hold all better after the last bb10 OS update... I saw bb10 EOL, and went for the Priv.

My Priv was fine until the microUSB failed followed by spending some money to replace it only to discover it was the connection block above on the motherboard at fault... got a recycled motherboard installed but microUSB died again very soon... with QI charge I still use it sometimes, but with lag and heat issues as well, I moved to KEYᵒⁿᵉ...

KEYᵒⁿᵉ has no lag and heat issues in my usage with around 200 apps on it and a 400GB microSDXC, but the screen is small and not as sharp as the Priv...

I am wondering now as all I see here are EOL announcements. I see no advantage in a second generation of the Key device; mine works fine.

But the end is nigh, and I wonder about the new to come Razr model, keeping the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a wifi home device...

Seriously? I went and looked this up.
    Snapdragon 710, 4/64 or 6/128 and $1500 or more?

That makes the Key2 RE 6/128 look to be 2019 bargain of the year in the flagship disguised as burner phone category...
    05-04-19 02:15 PM
    $1500 for a phone? Really?!!! That's a lot of money. I have the Motion and KEYone BE and didn't even spend half of that.
    05-04-19 04:24 PM
    Might be the Razr specs are out of date and the final device might be better equipped.

As for the Priv2, I am pretty sure I am having wish fulfillment fantasies...

If BlackBerry Mobile stated as Conite quoted above, it offers a ray of hope. I hope they give no attention to pricey doodads like foldable displays. I wonder if they are on the 5G bandwagon.

I am fully committed to a PKB, but I fear the dozens who are also in might not last the test of monetization.

I look for utility and cost effectiveness. Standing pat at a model back gets me firesale prices and solid performance. Also, Ive done well with used, my only BlackBerry new was the OG Passport which had offered a $100 off deal just when I ordered which they honored happily.
    05-04-19 11:54 PM
    Seriously? I went and looked this up.
    Snapdragon 710, 4/64 or 6/128 and $1500 or more?

That makes the Key2 RE 6/128 look to be 2019 bargain of the year in the flagship disguised as burner phone category...
    OnePlus would like a word.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-05-19 02:15 AM

Since the Key 2 uses the same screen as the KeyOne, there isn't much of a reason for you anyways I guess. Maybe the next device, if there will be one, will use an AMOLED screen.
    05-05-19 08:12 AM
    The CB site gives evidence of all this. It was formerly full of clever fixes, good tips, exciting news, cool finds. Now it fronts ads for other stuff, complaints, whining from current users (like me), the usual snark (which was sometimes clever and amusing but now is just raw and not fun, myself included), and baseless predictions based in nothing. What is absent in CB is real BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile input. They ignore this excellent venue not only paying little heed to what end users say but showing disregard to we few who take time posting to no avail. T'is a puzzlement...
    05-05-19 10:40 AM
    T'is a puzzlement...
    Not really.

If you have a business, and you are making money and your sales are growing, it's exciting and you are motivated to do things. When you are losing money and losing ground, it's super stressful and you are much less motivated to spend your energy doing PR.

I obviously have no inside information on BBMo and their sales and profit margins, but from what is visible on the outside looking in, it doesn't inspire a lot of hope or excitement. A lot of troubling signs have come up over the last few months, and while most of them by themselves wouldn't mean much, when you string a couple dozen such signs together, it starts to paint a picture, and not a pretty one.
    Mecca EL and Bay 13 like this.
    05-05-19 07:50 PM
    Not really.If you have a business, and you are making money and your sales are growing, it's exciting and you are motivated to do things. When you are losing money and losing ground, it's super stressful and you are much less motivated to spend your energy doing PR.
    This is so true! There is a huge mental effect when sales decline. Businesses are run by human beings...
    anon(10387168) and chain13 like this.
    05-05-19 08:03 PM
    Not really.

If you have a business, and you are making money and your sales are growing, it's exciting and you are motivated to do things. When you are losing money and losing ground, it's super stressful and you are much less motivated to spend your energy doing PR.

I obviously have no inside information on BBMo and their sales and profit margins, but from what is visible on the outside looking in, it doesn't inspire a lot of hope or excitement. A lot of troubling signs have come up over the last few months, and while most of them by themselves wouldn't mean much, when you string a couple dozen such signs together, it starts to paint a picture, and not a pretty one.
    Very true statement.
    05-05-19 09:26 PM
    I look for utility and cost effectiveness. Standing pat at a model back gets me firesale prices and solid performance. Also, Ive done well with used, my only BlackBerry new was the OG Passport which had offered a $100 off deal just when I ordered which they honored happily.
    With your purchase philosophy, how do you expect a future to look forward to? You have to support the hand you want to feed you.
    05-05-19 10:35 PM
    With your purchase philosophy, how do you expect a future to look forward to? You have to support the hand you want to feed you.
    The BlackBerry Paradox of it's beloved supporters reminds me of unhealthy borderline abusive relationships.
    05-06-19 06:20 AM
    The BlackBerry Paradox of it's beloved supporters reminds me of unhealthy borderline abusive relationships.
    Borderline?
    05-06-19 07:15 AM
    05-06-19 07:47 AM
    That's never really been the BlackBerry way... even back it the glory days, BlackBerry didn't come close to making enough new phones per year (or even the still standard at that time two years) to get them to an 80 Million userbase. That happened because of the "developing markets" that could only afford a used BlackBerry... And were willing to buy one for it's special data savings and BBM.

Which is why BB10 and BlackBerry Android have failed so badly in those same markets.
    05-06-19 10:19 AM
    I find it an odd reflection to expect I would support a company that has proven, over the years I've been a customer, to have little or no interest in customer sensing anything but a supercilious image and concomitant handset users feeling abandoned at every turn. Too bad...
    05-06-19 10:58 AM
    I find it an odd reflection to expect I would support a company that has proven, over the years I've been a customer, to have little or no interest in customer sensing anything but a supercilious image and concomitant handset users feeling abandoned at every turn. Too bad...
    Yet they have apparently produced phones you chose to buy and use without a gun up to your head.
    Smokeaire and Grungni like this.
    05-06-19 11:13 AM
    It's been that way, all along... STORM taught me that. BlackBerry is/was a business, one that never really understood consumers.
    RK_BB likes this.
    05-06-19 11:21 AM
    BlackBerry is/was a business, one that never really understood consumers.
    My series of BlackBerry devices since 2007 may indicate otherwise - at least for some.
    05-06-19 11:27 AM
    My series of BlackBerry devices since 2007 may indicate otherwise - at least for some.
    Not sure about Canuckville, but here in Trumpville, consumer was primarily, majority, definitively through carriers for distribution and support unless Enterprise level plan. Carriers were quick to adjust Enterprise services with introduction of Android/IOS especially after the Storm fiasco on VZW since AT&T was iPhone exclusive carrier. I believe the sub Enterprise answer for VZW back then was Motorola Droid line.

Doesn't change the fact that if anybody has been supporting BB 10-15 years, by now, you're considered the enablers in the relationship.
    05-06-19 12:26 PM
    Blackberry hasn't made a device since the middle of 2016.
    05-06-19 12:26 PM
    "BlackBerry-branded" device. Better?

BlackBerry didn't make them prior to that either. Talk to Wistron or Foxconn.
    05-06-19 12:27 PM
    Really? Citation? LOL

Insert sarcasm here........
    05-06-19 12:28 PM
174 123 ...