Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I remember on my blackberry 10 phone after the 10.3 update, I could be in the main screen of the Hub and each sms and BBM message had a small arrow that you could tap and immediately start typing your reply, without actually entering that message. Is there a setting in BlackBerry Hub on my keyone that can replicate this feature?
    11-17-18 09:37 PM
    I remember on my blackberry 10 phone after the 10.3 update, I could be in the main screen of the Hub and each sms and BBM message had a small arrow that you could tap and immediately start typing your reply, without actually entering that message. Is there a setting in BlackBerry Hub on my keyone that can replicate this feature?
    I think that you're misremembering things and thinking of the notification banners? These are similar in functionality to the pop-up notifications in Android.
    11-17-18 09:49 PM
    I'm not misremembering anything. Just turned on my passport to confirm. In the Hub, on the main screen that lists all of my texts, emails, BBM, etc., you toggle the "additional actions" button on the top right which reveals a reply arrow beside all compatible messages (mainly sms).

Edit:
    I know you can reply from the android drop down notification centre but I'm wondering if Hub has this quick reply feature within. I prefer to use hub for as much as possible because it works best for me
    11-17-18 09:52 PM
    I'm not misremembering anything. Just turned on my passport to confirm. In the Hub, on the main screen that lists all of my texts, emails, BBM, etc., you toggle the "additional actions" button on the top right which reveals a reply arrow beside all compatible messages (mainly sms).

Edit:
    I know you can reply from the android drop down notification centre but I'm wondering if Hub has this quick reply feature within. I prefer to use hub for as much as possible because it works best for me
    Huh, just left BB10 a week ago after using it for years and am still learning something new! I personally never would have used that feature since the second action is 'delete' and I'm paranoid about losing data, but thanks for sharing.
    11-17-18 10:17 PM
    Huh, just left BB10 a week ago after using it for years and am still learning something new! I personally never would have used that feature since the second action is 'delete' and I'm paranoid about losing data, but thanks for sharing.
    You can change the second option too.
    11-17-18 10:25 PM
    You can change the second option too.
    Apparently only for e-mail ("File" or "None" for action 1 and "Flag" or "Delete" for action 2). That's probably one of the first things I did when I switched to BB10, even though I use G-mail and the Flag action is useless to me.

For other notifications that are not from e-mail accounts, the delete action remains. I'm always afraid to press that button on the top-right for this reason, probably why I never noticed what the poster was talking about.
    11-17-18 10:40 PM
    You are referring to in-line reply experience which Hub on Android doesn't support.
    Last edited by RK_BB; 11-18-18 at 11:39 AM.
    11-17-18 10:52 PM
    You are referring to in-line reply experience which Hub an Android doesn't support.
    This answers my question. Thank you and to everyone who replied to my thread! Hopefully something like this will be implemented in the future. I found it really helped with increasing the "flow" dynamic of the Hub experience.
    11-17-18 11:16 PM
    Hopefully something like this will be implemented in the future. I found it really helped with increasing the "flow" dynamic of the Hub experience.
    It cannot be implemented on Android simply because it requires integrated app developers allowing Hub to access their apps which not only they have no incentive to do but it also goes against Android eco system standards which pushes app developers to having users stay inside their apps as long as possible rather than using their apps as a messaging exchange server, that serves no good purpose for them.

The reason in-line reply was working in BB10 is because BlackBerry controlled the OS and mandated app developers to allow Hub access (read & write) otherwise they wouldn't be authorized in Blackberry World.

This is partly why I suggested that Hub becomes an SMS client; unfortunately the complications invoved in designing an SMS app for OEM* demand too many resources and as long as Hub can access Android Messages BlackBerry has no incentive to develop their own app.

*such is not the case for none OEM app developers.
    11-18-18 11:49 AM