I really loved the blackberry travel app, and I am looking everywhere for something similar. Any suggestions?
    07-16-17 11:02 AM
    I really loved the blackberry travel app, and I am looking everywhere for something similar. Any suggestions?
    you and I both, I use Tripit. It does a pretty good job. There is also Google Trips which seems promising, however I tried it and it did not pick up the cruise part of a multi stop trip I had where Tripit did.
    07-16-17 11:20 AM
    The BB travel app was a direct scale of the WORLDMATE travel app. ITs awesome but does require a membership to use the services. I have used worldmate extensively and its ACE!!!!! For me the best feature was right up to the minute flight status information. THat for me was one of the best features. FYI if you look around their use to be yearly discount codes floating around but haven't seen those in a while. You'll love it.
    07-16-17 11:37 AM
    The BB travel app was a direct scale of the WORLDMATE travel app. ITs awesome but does require a membership to use the services. I have used worldmate extensively and its ACE!!!!! For me the best feature was right up to the minute flight status information. THat for me was one of the best features. FYI if you look around their use to be yearly discount codes floating around but haven't seen those in a while. You'll love it.
    Yeah, about that.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-16-17 11:41 AM
    do any of these apps integrate reservations from airbnb?
    07-16-17 12:13 PM
    I used Tripcase, a decent app.
    07-16-17 12:25 PM
    Worldmate, will disappear by Sept this year. it's no longer exists like Sears Canada it's on life support.
    07-16-17 12:48 PM
    I like TripCase
    07-16-17 03:43 PM
    The BB travel app was a direct scale of the WORLDMATE travel app.
    BB Travel was always the WorldMate service, but both the BBOS and BB10 apps were written by BB in collaboration with WorldMate (who didn't have a public AP in).

As has been posted, WorldMate is defunct at this point, but there are several similar alternatives, including Google Now/Assistant or Google Trips.
    07-16-17 04:54 PM
    yes, I forgot to add that by years end WorldMate is shutting down their service! But it was one of the better ones at the time! I'm curious as well as I have a membership to WorldMate and it really is a great service and haven't found anything close to it! One feature I love is the flight tracker! Simply entering your flight number and airport and tells you if late or ontime
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 07-16-17 at 06:32 PM.
    07-16-17 05:57 PM
    When I was in my traveling heyday (2008-2014) BlackBerry Travel was my savior when it came to managing my trips. I was flying 100k miles a year back then. It killed me to see it was going to go.

I switched to Tripit and have been pretty please with it thus far. It has done a good job of organizing my itineraries. I have used several, and thus far it is the best replacement I have found.
    07-16-17 07:28 PM
    I use tripcase which backend worldmate is...
    07-17-17 06:52 AM
    When I was in my traveling heyday (2008-2014) BlackBerry Travel was my savior when it came to managing my trips. I was flying 100k miles a year back then. It killed me to see it was going to go.

I switched to Tripit and have been pretty please with it thus far. It has done a good job of organizing my itineraries. I have used several, and thus far it is the best replacement I have found.
    It certainly wants a wide range of permissions. I realize it needs some access in order to keep calendar entries updated. One I find interesting is:

"add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledge"

Who are these guests?
    07-17-17 08:45 AM
    So, TripIt or TripCase? Has anyone tried both and made a decision?
    07-17-17 08:46 AM
    I have used worldmate and tripcase in parallel and they both seem to notify the same things at about the same time.

If you just need flight alerts, you could just use the app of the service that sends the data to worldmate... flight tracker?

Posted via CB10 on Cobalt Classic
    07-17-17 09:05 AM
    I have used worldmate and tripcase in parallel and they both seem to notify the same things at about the same time.

If you just need flight alerts, you could just use the app of the service that sends the data to worldmate... flight tracker?

I had used BB Travel and then moved to WorldMate but have not followed up since WorldMate told me they were leaving the business.

I see Kayak also mentioned in some reviews. I guess I am tinfoil inclined and believe Google already knows too much about me (but I'm sure even if I don't use them for travel, they still know where/when/how!!!)
    07-17-17 09:37 AM
    I had used BB Travel and then moved to WorldMate but have not followed up since WorldMate told me they were leaving the business.

I see Kayak also mentioned in some reviews. I guess I am tinfoil inclined and believe Google already knows too much about me (but I'm sure even if I don't use them for travel, they still know where/when/how!!!)
    Yes, Worldmate bailed about 2 weeks after I finally decided to give them the $10 for gold features (free with BlackBerry travel).

Yup, google can just ping your gps or remote capture a few images from the front and back cameras.lol

But back on topic. Tripcase is fine but does have a few adds (it's free) and the typical juvinile google asthetics (don't mean to offend, just not a fan). It's worth a shot.

I believe FlightAware provides the alerts, so could just use that:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eFlightTracker

FF22 likes this.
    07-17-17 10:25 AM
    I believe that permission is so Tripit can send updated itineraries to people on your share list as flights, hotels, etc change)
    FF22 likes this.
    07-17-17 12:21 PM
    Google pulled info itself from Gmail and displayed everything.
    Including offering the Frankfurt airport map, reminders, gate numberst etc. it is really nice, to be honest. no additional app was needed
    07-18-17 04:08 AM
    There is also Google Trips which seems promising, however I tried it and it did not pick up the cruise part of a multi stop trip I had where Tripit did.
    I use TripIt (mostly adding entries manually because it only supports few reservations for Germany or doesn't get everything right) because I can share the itinerary with my wife this way.

However, for myself, I mostly use Google Trips because I get notifications about every important detail - from when to leave for the airport to changes in the flights and such things. Missing entries can be added using the official app or by sending yourself special mails. I made a tool for that.

I'm not sure whether it supports cruises, though.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-18-17 05:22 AM