Keyone was on backorder with Best Buy and it now looks like they no longer carry the CDMA version. Has anyone found the this for the $549 price. It is available on Amazon for $800-$1000.
    08-16-17 11:42 AM
    Keyone was on backorder with Best Buy and it now looks like they no longer carry the CDMA version. Has anyone found the this for the $549 price. It is available on Amazon for $800-$1000.
    It's backordered everywhere.
    08-16-17 02:47 PM
    Best Buy pulled their listing and Amazon has no stock.

B&H just started selling the KEYone, they have a landing page so you can "preorder" the CDMA version... say expect availability is end of August. Might call and see what they know.
    08-16-17 03:36 PM
    I noticed the same thing. this is maddening. I just want to buy the phone months after release, and it's impossible. Every time I got the notification from Best Buy that it was in stock, it was sold out a half hour later. Weird stuff...
    08-16-17 03:43 PM
    I was holding on to mine...maybe it's time to ebay.
    08-16-17 03:57 PM
    Best Buy pulled their listing and Amazon has no stock.

B&H just started selling the KEYone, they have a landing page so you can "preorder" the CDMA version... say expect availability is end of August. Might call and see what they know.
    Its interesting that BestBuy now has a (no longer available) up on web site. If anyone has a CDMA version, let us know any issues that would stop production?
    08-16-17 04:55 PM
    Sprint has their version for $528. I believe Verizon is done with BB.
    08-16-17 05:39 PM
    Isn't the Sprint version and the Verizon version the same? Can't you just go into a Sprint store and purchase phone for full price, then activate it on Verizon. I believe you can but correct me if I'm wrong.
    08-16-17 05:50 PM
    Nope, different bands or so I'm told.
    08-16-17 06:00 PM
    Nope, different bands or so I'm told.
    Correct even though they are cdma, it's a different version. The phone would work but not very well.
    08-16-17 07:48 PM
    Isn't the Sprint version and the Verizon version the same? Can't you just go into a Sprint store and purchase phone for full price, then activate it on Verizon. I believe you can but correct me if I'm wrong.
    I believe the Sprint model is locked.
    08-16-17 08:13 PM
    Truly pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 08:14 PM
    I pre-ordered mine from B&H and called them and he said they expect delivery on Aug 31 and then will ship out expedited shipping. He said from NY to PA (where I live) it should take one day. free shipping and first come first serve
    08-16-17 09:42 PM
    I pre-ordered mine from B&H and called them and he said they expect delivery on Aug 31 and then will ship out expedited shipping. He said from NY to PA (where I live) it should take one day. free shipping and first come first serve
    Then again, Amazon expected delivery on May 31 but never got any til mid-June......
    08-17-17 01:54 AM
    Then again, Amazon expected delivery on May 31 but never got any til mid-June......
    So nice of you to make me feel good about my decision
    08-17-17 11:46 AM
    for the people that do have Verizon keyones, do they work well?
    08-17-17 11:10 PM
    for the people that do have Verizon keyones, do they work well?
    There is no Verizon keyone but a CDMA version that does. Except, Wi-Fi calling or so I have been told.
    08-17-17 11:40 PM
    There is no Verizon keyone but a CDMA version that does. Except, Wi-Fi calling or so I have been told.
    That I what I had meant. The CDMA version only worked on Verizon and not with Sprint, so that's why I called it the Verizon version.
    08-18-17 12:50 PM
    That I what I had meant. The CDMA version only worked on Verizon and not with Sprint, so that's why I called it the Verizon version.
    Ok, I misunderstood you. Yes, one version of cdma for Sprint and another for Verizon.
    08-18-17 12:55 PM
    I grabbed a CDMA version from Amazon before they ran out.. Interesting point: The IMEI starts with 9900 which is the prefix required for Verizon to consider it "fully allowed on their network".

At one point, I had a CDMA phone that had all the Verizon bands but and the IMEI didn't start with 9900 and as a result Verizon would not allow any advanced services, hotspot or unlimited data on that device (though other basic services and data worked fine)

So.. While it's not a "Verizon" Keyone, it is more than just a CDMA Keyone with VZ bands. For what it's worth.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-20-17 09:05 PM
    Ok, I misunderstood you. Yes, one version of cdma for Sprint and another for Verizon.
    The only difference is Sprint blacklists all IMEI BBB100-3 but those sold through them AFAIK.
    08-20-17 10:32 PM
    I grabbed a CDMA version from Amazon before they ran out.. Interesting point: The IMEI starts with 9900 which is the prefix required for Verizon to consider it "fully allowed on their network".

At one point, I had a CDMA phone that had all the Verizon bands but and the IMEI didn't start with 9900 and as a result Verizon would not allow any advanced services, hotspot or unlimited data on that device (though other basic services and data worked fine)

So.. While it's not a "Verizon" Keyone, it is more than just a CDMA Keyone with VZ bands. For what it's worth.
    Thanks for the clarification. Looks like I was incorrect in my naming.
    08-21-17 09:09 AM
    everyone is wrong here.. i contacted blackberry today they confirmed the sprint version is the same as the unlocked verizon version the only different is that the sprint version is locked to sprint and you have to wait 50 days before unlocking it even if paid in full .. must remain active on their network and sprints networks requires the imei's to be previously registered (provisioned) on their network before allowing the device to be used, which is why the unlocked version doesn't work, but the internal specs are the same they are both the model ending in 003
    08-21-17 09:30 PM
    everyone is wrong here..
    *echem*
    08-21-17 09:36 PM