Well...after many, many, many years going all the way back to my first BB (Blackberry Pearl 8130)...

KEYone was our stable, reliable go to daily driver work horses but hated the fact that we were left on Android 8.1 with June 2019 security patch.

Couldn't wait for Onward Mobility's offering in '21 anymore let alone if it'll ever even happen. So, took the plunge finally and bought 5 Pixel 4a 5Gs.

Because they're pure Android...it was very easy to setup all our phones to look like our former BlackDroid devices via:

1. Blackberry Hub and Services+
    2. BlackBerry Messenger Enterprise.

Now I'm happy we're now up to date on Android 11 with the latest Nov 5, 2020 security update.

Android 11 gestures is somewhat bringing me back to Blackberry 10 days of our Z10/Z30/Passport (still have all those in our phone heaven/desk drawer)

Now I can relax and see what Onward Mobility has to offer next year without the anxiety of using devices that stopped being secured back in June 19.

Will I still read and follow Crackberry? Hell Yeah with the addition of course Android Central.

Using Blackberry Launcher, my Pixel 4a 5G home screen, BB apps, icon placements is as close as possible to my KEYone.

All our Pixels I've setup BB Launcher as default.

I guess this is my version of BlackBerry 5G???
    Attached Thumbnails Thank You good'ol KEYone and DTEK60-screenshot_20201204-115143.jpg   Thank You good'ol KEYone and DTEK60-screenshot_20201204-115151.jpg   Thank You good'ol KEYone and DTEK60-screenshot_20201204-115158.jpg   Thank You good'ol KEYone and DTEK60-168.jpg  
    Last edited by qphone; 12-04-20 at 03:17 PM.
    12-04-20 12:40 PM
    No PKB though.
    12-04-20 12:57 PM
    No PKB though.
    I know...mind you, I was a happy camper back in the Z10/Z30/DTEK60 days. Do I prefer PKB? Yes...but the lack of security updates, falling more and more behind was the final breaking point.

Could I have bought KEY 2s back then? Sure but I thought and was hoping perhaps a KEY 3 was in the horizon and was willing to wait and see but as we all know, that never materialized after BB/TCL never renewed the license agreement and the KEY 2 was already a year and half old.
    Last edited by qphone; 12-04-20 at 01:24 PM.
    12-04-20 01:03 PM
    I know...mind you, I was a happy camper back in the Z10/Z30/DTEK60 days. Do I prefer PKB? Yes...but the lack of security updates, falling more and more behind was the final breaking point.

Could I have bought KEY 2s back then? Sure but I thought and was hoping perhaps a KEY 3 was in the horizon and was willing to see but as well know that never materialized after BB/TCL never renewed the license agreement and the KEY 2 was already a year and half old.
    Even with Key2 you still be on the Oreo 8.1 and security updates ending now as Google itself leaves Oreo parked on cement blocks.
    12-04-20 01:23 PM
    Even with Key2 you still be on the Oreo 8.1 and security updates ending now as Google itself leaves Oreo parked on cement blocks.
    I know...guess I was correct in me NOT purchasing KEY 2s back then.

When BB Enterprise no longer worked/supported on Android 6 (DTEK60 had to find and look for them on APK Central)...I knew that Android 7 let alone 8 will not be far behind as those were the big pushes for me to move on.

Will I be hoping for Onward Mobility to pull through? Big Time!!!

Until then...I can rest easy knowing I'm up to date being on a current Android OS/security patch while waiting to see what OM 21' has to offer...
    Last edited by qphone; 12-04-20 at 01:46 PM.
    12-04-20 01:34 PM
    I know...guess I was correct in me NOT purchasing KEY 2s back then.
    Looking the genius now, especially with those 4a5G or it seems. I just got a 3a and enjoying Android 11 so far.
    12-04-20 01:37 PM
    No PKB though.
    All Glass....
    12-04-20 01:51 PM
    Looking the genius now, especially with those 4a5G or it seems. I just got a 3a and enjoying Android 11 so far.
    Was gonna get 4a but decided along with my wife that 5G is now here to stay so might as well go with the standard.

Almost went 3a last year but was hoping, hoping, hoping that TCL was gonna come up with a new device only to be let down with a KEY 2 LE.
    12-04-20 01:53 PM
    All Glass....
    Being able to use phone with client data and personal info.
    12-04-20 02:02 PM
    All Glass....
    Unfortunately that's the case with just about every phone now.

Maybe the closest thing to an updated PKB device would be the F(x) Tec Pro 1-X which apparently recently received Android 10, however the thing hasn't even begun to ship yet, while its twin brother the Pro 1 still has pre-order customers waiting to receive theirs.
    Maybe if UniHertz is serious about their next PKB device, it could be fairly compelling because it would probably launch with at least Android 11.

Aside from all that and OM who is going dark on us since late August, that's about it in the PKB world.

I haven't even seen any updates about the Astro Slide from Planet Computers either.
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-04-20 02:07 PM