Sure does.
    But Android's non capability to rotate colors makes an RGB LED pretty redundant.
    Because at any point of time you will only see the LED color of your last notification.
    Which sort of defeats the purpose of an RGB LED.
    Not true with lightflow I have rotating colors on my Oneplus 3T. Perhaps it's a BlackBerry Android thing?
    11-05-18 11:05 AM
    Not true with lightflow I have rotating colors on my Oneplus 3T. Perhaps it's a BlackBerry Android thing?
    I didn't know OnePlus phones had an RGB LED.
    I'll check out the app
    11-05-18 11:08 AM
    I didn't know OnePlus phones had an RGB LED.
    I'll check out the app
    Up to the Oneplus 6 only I believe
    11-05-18 11:09 AM
    Up to the Oneplus 6 only I believe
    Well so do all the Samsungs but the stock configuration sucks. Light Manager or Light Pro is necessary to make it nice, but then those third party apps can have little bugs/inconsistencies which is why I like to leave mine stock.

Anyway, LED management is on a per app basis.
    AmritD likes this.
    11-05-18 01:21 PM
    Well so do all the Samsungs but the stock configuration sucks. Light Manager or Light Pro is necessary to make it nice, but then those third party apps can have little bugs/inconsistencies which is why I like to leave mine stock.

I have had no issues whatsoever after setup. Yes I am surprised also
    Many times the bug can be derived from the Samsung UI and all their tinkering.
    11-05-18 01:52 PM
    glad you liked the Priv. it was the worst phone I have ever owned. it would get so hot it would actually burn me. I hated that phone so much because it never worked. also the physical keyboard was way to small on the Priv.
    11-05-18 03:09 PM
    I'm here for the keyboard. It's an Android with a good keyboard these days. If others want to get into the game, then I'm game to switch.

Though the Blackberry Hub software works very well interfacing with our corporate email. But I guess I can install that on a Galaxy these days ...

So what is even a Blackberry these days? (that's a rhetorical question BTW - which means an answer isn't desired!).
    11-05-18 03:20 PM
    In an all touch phones, I would be looking for a manufacturer with a proven reputation for reliability and ease of repair. Having a decent camera and battery are also important. Lastly, I would want it to have good after sales support.
    11-05-18 04:50 PM
    And THAT is the real problem compared to BB10. You can't get rotating colors for each account in the Hub. It's a flat out deal-breaker for me, unfortunately.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    the_boon and AmritD like this.
    11-05-18 04:56 PM
    Guys , this new update gave new life to my keyone , the spacebar issue is fixed!!!. As in someone heard my prayers .. !! I can't say how happy I currently am ! This gives me time so I can wait to see if blackberry will release a slab (motion 2) . I can't believe the timing of this whole thing ! I was going in this evening to tmo to upgrade to the one plus 6t . I was actually supposed to go in Sunday as per my post Saturday night but I ended up not going yesterday .
    the_boon likes this.
    11-05-18 05:42 PM
    How is blackberry supposed to succeed when errors like these are being made with their displays . Also has somewhat to do with my decision , TCL keeps making same mistakes as the old blackberry Attachment 441143
    The Best Buy here in Citrus Heights (Sacramento CA) also has their Key2 displayed incorrectly @ 649. I made the manager aware. She was clueless.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-05-18 05:49 PM
    The Best Buy here in Citrus Heights (Sacramento CA) also has their Key2 displayed incorrectly @ 649. I made the manager aware. She was clueless.
    Ughh

They should have just called it the KEY Lite!

I'm shocked so many places got the price wrong...
    11-06-18 04:23 AM
    And THAT is the real problem compared to BB10. You can't get rotating colors for each account in the Hub. It's a flat out deal-breaker for me, unfortunately.

My friend I have not installed Lightflow on my Keyone yet to test but I can tell you with the utmost certainty that on my Oneplus 3T you can have rotating color LED on android and there is a provision in Lightflow that will allow any notification from said App with a word/name in the title or body to have any color notification and sound you desire. I think you all need to dig into this App and see
    11-06-18 08:38 AM
    My friend I have not installed Lightflow on my Keyone yet to test but I can tell you with the utmost certainty that on my Oneplus 3T you can have rotating color LED on android and there is a provision in Lightflow that will allow any notification from said App with a word/name in the title or body to have any color notification and sound you desire. I think you all need to dig into this App and see
    There are many ways to get colors for a single app, but, with the Hub, the colors need to rotate based on unread messages for different accounts WITHIN that one App. None of the 3rd party managers can do that unless they have built a special integration with the Hub app. So, they can rotate colors between different apps, based on app notifications, but have no way of knowing which accounts within the Hub have unread messages.
    11-06-18 08:45 AM
    There are many ways to get colors for a single app, but, with the Hub, the colors need to rotate based on unread messages for different accounts WITHIN that one App. None of the 3rd party managers can do that unless they have built a special integration with the Hub app. So, they can rotate colors between different apps, based on app notifications, but have no way of knowing which accounts within the Hub have unread messages.
    Simple my friend, you don't have the HUB give you the notification, you have the actual app give the notification and Lightflow will work of the individual apps notifications and like I said it can detect the title and body of the message to catch the senders name and such.

Just let go of the HUB a little bit for notifications and you will see

I still use the HUB it just doesn't give notifications for msgs or email
    11-06-18 09:01 AM
    Simple my friend, you don't have the HUB give you the notification, you have the actual app give the notification and Lightflow will work of the individual apps notifications and like I said it can detect the title and body of the message to catch the senders name and such.

Just let go of the HUB a little bit for notifications and you will see

I still use the HUB it just doesn't give notifications for msgs or email
    I hear what you're saying, but it won't work for me. I don't have ANY email apps other than the Hub, so there are no other apps to notify me if an email arrives. What you describe will work for people who install Gmail, Outlook, or other messaging apps, but not for people like me who have 7 or 8 different email accounts inside the Hub.

I could use the solution you describe for Signal or SMS, or Twitter but that's not my problem. I run 4 different businesses with different email accounts and have another 2 accounts with volunteer organizations as well as my personal and "burner" email accounts. THOSE are the ones I want to rotate through.

FYI, I have ALL Android notifications turned off by default. I never want to see any notification in the Notification Shade, as it's distracting.

I just want my LED to rotate colors through email accounts with unread messages like BB10 does. As of now, that's not possible on Android, so BB10 is still the phone I use most of the time, and my KEYone is only used for Android apps, which I hardly ever use.
    AmritD likes this.
    11-06-18 09:12 AM
    I hear what you're saying, but it won't work for me. I don't have ANY email apps other than the Hub, so there are no other apps to notify me if an email arrives. What you describe will work for people who install Gmail, Outlook, or other messaging apps, but not for people like me who have 7 or 8 different email accounts inside the Hub.

I could use the solution you describe for Signal or SMS, or Twitter but that's not my problem. I run 4 different businesses with different email accounts and have another 2 accounts with volunteer organizations as well as my personal and "burner" email accounts. THOSE are the ones I want to rotate through.

FYI, I have ALL Android notifications turned off by default. I never want to see any notification in the Notification Shade, as it's distracting.

I just want my LED to rotate colors through email accounts with unread messages like BB10 does. As of now, that's not possible on Android, so BB10 is still the phone I use most of the time, and my KEYone is only used for Android apps, which I hardly ever use.
    OK so what your saying is that because you refuse to install a Gmail or outlook to accompany the HUB just to provide a way of getting notifications only, you are saying it can't be done? I am going to perform some tests to verify the different email accounts for you and perhaps senders. I might be a while since I don't have a lot of time today.
    I will get back to you but I believe it can be done. Unless you continue to refuse to install said apps then I won't bother so Let me know.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 11-06-18 at 01:42 PM.
    11-06-18 09:57 AM
    OK so what your saying is that because you refuse to install a Gmail or outlook to accompany the HUB just to provide a way of getting notifications only, you are saying it can't be done? I am going to perform some tests to verify the different email accounts for you and perhaps senders. I might be a while since I don't have a lot of time today.
    I will get back to you but I believe it can be done. Unless you continue to refuse to install said apps then I won't bother so Let me know.
    I have zero interest in installing single purpose email apps like Gmail or Outlook. That's why I bought a BlackBerry with the Hub! I don't have a problem that needs fixing, but thank you for your suggestions.

Android simply doesn't support my use case without a lot of customization and work arounds. I use Android for what it's good for (apps), and BB10 for its strengths (email and the Hub). I don't try to make BB10 into Android or Android into BB10. Problem solved.

11-06-18 02:30 PM
    I have zero interest in installing single purpose email apps like Gmail or Outlook. That's why I bought a BlackBerry with the Hub! I don't have a problem that needs fixing, but thank you for your suggestions.

Android simply doesn't support my use case without a lot of customization and work arounds. I use Android for what it's good for (apps), and BB10 for its strengths (email and the Hub). I don't try to make BB10 into Android or Android into BB10. Problem solved.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it
    11-06-18 02:39 PM
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it
    Or in this case, you're offering to lead this horse from a lovely clear stream to a trough of muddy water full of questionable sediment. LOL

I'm 100% satisfied with my solution. If the good people at BlackBerry and Android offer a better solution, I'll use it, but adding a bunch of apps and custom configurations just to replicate what another OS does naturally out of the box makes no sense to me. What's the benefit that I would gain for the effort?

I own a sports car and an SUV. I don't put a trailer hitch on the sports car or fill the SUV's tires with nitrogen so that it runs faster. In use them both in the manner for which they were designed.

Android is great at stuff like ride hailing and other app-based tasks, and BB10 is great at email and MS Exchange-based tasks on multiple accounts. Trying to make Android behave like BB10 is a waste of time, because, in the end, it simply wasn't designed for it. Some people enjoy endlessly tweaking their phones and playing with apps, but I just want tools that do their simple jobs with a minimum amount of effort or fuss.

11-06-18 10:39 PM
    @bb10adopter111
    OK so I had some time tonight to dabble and found that Liteflow can detect the "name" or "title" content in a MSG but not all. It works for telegram where I ask it to give a specific notification for a chosen contact but does not do the same for Whatsapp. This could be the result of the different design (fragmentation of Android) of each App.

I have been playing with the outlook App with no luck yet and will now have to try other email clients to see if or how this could work. You got my interest working and now I have to find the answer.

I am very pleased that I at least have revolving LED notifications with Lightflow but yes you are correct that BB10 was the BOMB and nothing else will be as good or simple.

*** Correction! I did manage to get it to work with Whatsapp. Not sure why it didn't work initially. Anyways the work continues.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 11-07-18 at 12:42 PM.
    11-06-18 10:41 PM
    @bb10adopter111
    OK so I had some time tonight to dabble and found that Liteflow can detect the "name" or "title" content in a MSG but not all. It works for telegram where I ask it to give a specific notification for a chosen contact but does not do the same for Whatsapp. This could be the result of the different design (fragmentation of Android) of each App.

I have been playing with the outlook App with no luck yet and will now have to try other email clients to see if or how this could work. You got my interest working and now I have to find the answer.

I am very pleased that I at least have revolving LED notifications with Lightflow but yes you are correct that BB10 was the BOMB and nothing else will be as good or simple.
    Lightflow sounds great for tweaking Android app notifications. I may play with it, but not for the Hub functionality that already works perfectly on my Z10.

11-06-18 10:42 PM
    The amount of permissions lightflow requires to work scared me off.
    11-07-18 01:01 AM
    The amount of permissions lightflow requires to work scared me off.
    Which ones? I was considering giving it another shot.

However if it drains any battery even in the slightest, that's an immediate deal-breaker for me
    11-07-18 02:46 AM
    Which ones? I was considering giving it another shot.

However if it drains any battery even in the slightest, that's an immediate deal-breaker for me
    I didn't install it so don't know about the battery but it looks like it requires every information possible.
    Thank you BlackBerry, it's been a beautiful ride-screenshot_20181107-142714.jpegThank you BlackBerry, it's been a beautiful ride-screenshot_20181107-142710.jpeg
    11-07-18 02:58 AM
86 1234