This is a very sad day for me , after so many faithful years to blackberry it's time to say goodbye . I have nothing but mixed feelings, there where good times and bad aswell but I always seemed to get a "whoa" from plp that would ask what phone is that ?? I became a free ambassador to blackberry , I would go and fix phones at retailers to appeal the public , blackberry never cared about their display handsets, (if there was even one ) has never cared to market their brand , plus they don't even care about their current customers , promise after promise always failing to give us customers a true flagship phone experience . Failed security updates and always behind on software , yet the company claims it's a "software company" .PRIV will be the best I've owned to date and I truly hope one day they build a successor without the handwarming feature . Tomorrow I will try a phone other than blackberry , the oneplus 6t . It's got everything I've ever wanted . Big screen , almost vanilla android , and that new in screen finger print scanner . I will continue to be tied to blackberry since the first app I install will be the BlackBerry VK . I can't live without it , the best typing experience on glass , it ruined it for me in a way because I suck typing on physical keys anymore . Thank you fellow crackberrians ! I attached a picture of my small collection , obviously some of my devices are missing , but I date my first blackberry to about 2005.
    Attached Thumbnails Thank you BlackBerry, it's been a beautiful ride-189125.jpg  
    FF22, cmdaga, eiruvrav and 3 others like this.
    11-04-18 01:40 AM
    I think you'll get back sooner or later. OnePlus 6T is no doubt a different world, but there is quite a thing which I repeatedly feel about all those "no name" smartphones: they lack some kind of spirit. To me these phones always felt as they were completely intended to be replaced the next year. I acknowledge that BB phones are only just a phones as well, I never lost the feeling that besides good price/hw ratio, all Huawei, OnePlus etc. phones never made me loyal.

Just curious if you've ever felt like this, though it's a logical nonsense?

Enjoy your OT6T
    11-04-18 01:36 AM
    If you don't value the PKB, there really isn't much point buying a BlackBerry (not like there are options if you want to buy a BlackBerry slab. Motion at this point doesn't really count)
    Enjoy your new device.
    Bbnivende, dan99x99 and krazyatom like this.
    11-04-18 01:42 AM
    there is quite a thing which I repeatedly feel about all those "no name" smartphones: they lack some kind of spirit. To me these phones always felt as they were completely intended to be replaced the next year
    ^^ THIS
    cckgz4 likes this.
    11-04-18 03:51 AM
    If you don't value the PKB, there really isn't much point buying a BlackBerry (not like there are options if you want to buy a BlackBerry slab. Motion at this point doesn't really count)
    Enjoy your new device.
    Yeah to me the BlackBerry VKB is the true game changer , I was putting this out for a long time but don't see a BlackBerry slab in the works anytime soon , evolve won't work in USA and my keyones space key is almost unusable . I reported this problem and others had same issue , I'm sure it's software because I've tested it many times and it passes Blackberrys test app . Hopefully cobalts BlackBerry VKB works , I wish BlackBerry would make it officially available
    11-04-18 04:50 AM
    Yeah to me the BlackBerry VKB is the true game changer , I was putting this out for a long time but don't see a BlackBerry slab in the works anytime soon , evolve won't work in USA and my keyones space key is almost unusable . I reported this problem and others had same issue , I'm sure it's software because I've tested it many times and it passes Blackberrys test app . Hopefully cobalts BlackBerry VKB works , I wish BlackBerry would make it officially available
    If you want to give the PKB another chance, I highly suggest the KEY2 LE
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-04-18 04:53 AM
    If your KEYᴼᴺᴱ is under warranty maybe apply for repair or replacement for the space key.
    I haven't really read reports of space key issues with the KEYᴼᴺᴱ. Those have more been a problem with the KEY².
    BlackBerry can't make the VKB official since it's actually licensed by swiftkey and supposely as per the license terms BlackBerry can't sell the VKB to non-BlackBerry devices.
    The cobalt hack will work.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-04-18 05:02 AM
    I tried the display at my local bestbuy ( which by the way has the incorrect pricing , I tweeted a picture to Alex Thurber, his response " it's not a key2 LE " when clearly it is . tells you a lot about how BB mobile runs business ) back to my point . the VKB is just the best thing hands down . I can flick words with speed and accuracy. I loved the keyboard at one point , but I just don't see the value anymore , like a lot of folks mention here , that's what BlackBerrys new phones are targeted at . that small niche market , which I was once part of . if they ever release a priv 2 I will be back in a heart beat !
    terminatorx likes this.
    11-04-18 05:04 AM
    I believe it’s been discussed in other threads. I don’t believe the BB VKB is BBs to offer. I remember something about SwiftKey??
    11-04-18 05:06 AM
    I wonder how long this license deal with BlackBerry and swiftkey will last and that they don't abandon the BlackBerry VKB , because at that time I will really be left with no options lol . Im daring to leave BlackBerry ONLY because I can slap cobalts VKB , if at some point this is not allowed I will find myself back to physical keys lol
    11-04-18 05:11 AM
    How is blackberry supposed to succeed when errors like these are being made with their displays . Also has somewhat to do with my decision , TCL keeps making same mistakes as the old blackberry Thank you BlackBerry, it's been a beautiful ride-screenshot_20181104-025815.jpeg
    11-04-18 05:17 AM
    Both of your concerns (two posts) are simply a reflection of the fact that BB left hardware two years ago. BBMo/TCL is simply in the same position as similar OEMs that are getting shut out from the carriers. Even the alternate retailers can’t ignore the benefit of selling carrier devices over factory unlocked, promotions and cash, bags of cash known as promotional money. What’s better than bags of promotional money from OEMs? Bags of promotional money from OEMs with additional bags of promotional money from carriers....
    dan99x99, T_Studios and Bbnivende like this.
    11-04-18 06:14 AM
    How is blackberry supposed to succeed when errors like these are being made with their displays . Also has somewhat to do with my decision , TCL keeps making same mistakes as the old blackberry Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20181104-025815.jpeg 
Views:	250 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	441143
    The fact that Best Buy got the price wrong clearly is Best Guy's fault.

As for Thurber, he's from Blackberry Ltd, not BlackBerry Mobile.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-04-18 06:33 AM
    I completely understand how OP feels. Blackberry LTD used to be awesome back in the days. I still use keyone and key2 but I don’t think I’ll be buying more of their products. You just have to move on sometimes. That’s life.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-04-18 08:19 AM
    Pretty sure we have a place for these kind of threads....
    https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...l#post13185879
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-04-18 08:41 AM
    It’s been almost three months since I switched to an iPhone. I miss OS10 but I am definitely very far from android phones. I was a “die hard” I would say, but I have managed to adapt. iOS is still far behind OS10, but that’s life...
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-04-18 09:01 AM
    If you want to give the PKB another chance, I highly suggest the KEY2 LE
    Why le and not the regular k2?
    I don't have either, but was just curious if there's something about the le that's supposed to be better? My understanding is its the "light" edition with less ram and slower cpu.
    11-04-18 09:18 AM
    Why le and not the regular k2?
    I don't have either, but was just curious if there's something about the le that's supposed to be better? My understanding is its the "light" edition with less ram and slower cpu.
    Well no, what I meant is the KEY2 is the better device overall but the LE is cheaper therefore more accessible.
    11-04-18 11:00 AM
    I completely understand how OP feels. Blackberry LTD used to be awesome back in the days. I still use keyone and key2 but I don’t think I’ll be buying more of their products. You just have to move on sometimes. That’s life.
    If you don't care about the keyboard, then yeah there is little point in staying with BBMo.

If you do, then no touchscreen device will suffice.
    11-04-18 11:12 AM
    It’s been almost three months since I switched to an iPhone. I miss OS10 but I am definitely very far from android phones. I was a “die hard” I would say, but I have managed to adapt. iOS is still far behind OS10, but that’s life...
    BBAndroid + PKB, no matter how far from BB10 it is, it will still always be closer to BB10 than iOS ever will
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-04-18 11:13 AM
    As for Thurber, he's from Blackberry Ltd, not BlackBerry Mobile.
    Still doesn't justify his reply. Anyone who carry the company logo, whether licensee or licensor should be well versed in the company products through & through. No excuses here whatsoever IMO. The only way out for him, if he cares for it is to admit the error and issue a correction.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-04-18 11:19 AM
    Still doesn't justify his reply. Anyone who carry the company logo, whether licensee or licensor should be well versed in the company products through & through. No excuses here whatsoever IMO. The only way out for him, if he cares for it is to admit the error and issue a correction.
    Perfectly said !!! This reminds me of Chen when he said the PRIV runs on Google. Absolutely no excuse !! It's been about 2-3 weeks since my tweet and phone is still displaying incorrect price , this to me is unacceptable. I added my 2 cents even going extra mile to make him aware , I also included bestbuy and bbmo , dead silence from them both
    11-04-18 01:49 PM
    Perfectly said !!! This reminds me of Chen when he said the PRIV runs on Google. Absolutely no excuse !! It's been about 2-3 weeks since my tweet and phone is still displaying incorrect price , this to me is unacceptable. I added my 2 cents even going extra mile to make him aware , I also included bestbuy and bbmo , dead silence from them both
    Hit BlackBerry Mobile their on their IG account. That's where most of their attention is at.

To all the ones that keep making a notable distinction between BlackBerry & BlackBerry Mobile, know that this is a legal & business matter to which the average consumer should have no difference for in terms of products and brand behavior.
    dan99x99 and FF22 like this.
    11-04-18 02:33 PM
    Hit BlackBerry Mobile their on their IG account. That's where most of their attention is at.

To all the ones that keep making a notable distinction between BlackBerry & BlackBerry Mobile, know that this is a legal & business matter to which the average consumer should have no difference for in terms of products and brand behavior.
    Exactly! We "know" the difference because we are die hards , the normal consumer just sees the brand .
    11-04-18 02:37 PM
    Exactly! We "know" the difference because we are die hards , the normal consumer just sees the brand .
    Absolutely and if they wanted to make a distinction they would have named it "ABC Mobile" , but they didn't.

We can also add that BlackBerry Mobile has sub licensee's that makes some of the devices intended for specific markets, Optiemus Infracom amongst others yet people still refer to the brand as BlackBerry.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    11-04-18 02:48 PM
86 123 ...