10-15-17 03:40 AM
33 12
tools
    Yes, this is what was fixed. I actually prefer that it doesn't open the whole app and just uses the overlay. Very BB10-like and much faster than opening the whole app. This is actually why I use Textra over Yaata.
    I like Yaata's paid version more though, has a lot more customization options.
    06-13-17 10:09 AM
    Well, that just means you don't like the way Textra does it. They will not "fix" it because that's how they CHOSE to handle it. The problem was the only showing half the screen thing because the app thought the virtual keyboard was open.
    Textra is perfect now.
    06-13-17 10:09 AM
    Yaata has far superior Hub integration than Textra. The Textra "overlay" is the poor man's version of Yaata's excellent Hub integration. When I contacted Textra about their shortcomings in this area, they responded with "BlackBerry is still in business???" I proceeded to use Yaata from that time forward, donating significant monies.
    While I agree with you that I also like Yaata more, I think you kind of got the response you deserved when you contacted Textra. You basically told them that their CHOICE of style is a "shortcoming." They were willing to help OP and fixed the issue the KEYone had, which is a BlackBerry, without any insult. You got that because you insulted them first... I honestly don't blame them.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    06-13-17 10:11 AM
    thanks for the link; update works great
    06-13-17 10:38 AM
    Installed that APK on my KEYone and it works great now, before not only was the size not correct I couldn't attach anything unless I hit the menu and opened the full app but now the attachments option works, woohoo!!!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-13-17 01:47 PM
    Oh awesome, attachments work now too? I just accepted that shortcoming before. I hope they update the official version soon!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-13-17 02:16 PM
    The pop up style view is fine with me but when I respond from the hub the window shuts down as soon as the message gets sent. Anyway I can change that?
    10-15-17 03:21 AM
    I use Yaata premium and it seems fine. don't know what people are talking about.

But I do have one question about Yaata vs the stock Messages app: how do you create a 2+ person group chat in Yaata? In Messages, you tap the top right +people icon and add a contact to the text discussion. I don't see how to do this in Yaata?
    10-15-17 03:40 AM
33 12