So I sent textra feedback through the app about how the widget appears in the hub. They just emailed me a link to a newer apk version saying they think they fixed it.

I'm wary of installing any apks I get via email, even from a developer. Has anyone else had this happen. Does anyone want the link?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-12-17 10:53 PM
    Please share the link.
    06-13-17 12:22 AM
    Yes, please share the link.
    06-13-17 02:06 AM
    06-13-17 06:03 AM
    Please provide feedback if you install. Would love to know if it gets fixed.
    06-13-17 06:05 AM
    I'm a little hesitant to install this. Why didn't they release it through Google Play?
    06-13-17 06:40 AM
    Yeah I was a little unsure about that too. I suppose they want to test it first but don't have a K1?
    Attached Thumbnails Textra hub view solved?-115936.jpg  
    06-13-17 06:44 AM
    Is this the bug where you get a screen overlay/popup rather than the full app when clicking a message within the hub?
    06-13-17 06:49 AM
    Looks legit. I will try it on my Priv (since I don't use it anymore) and report back.
    06-13-17 06:50 AM
    OK. Reporting back. The new version is 3.36 versus the one in Google Play which is 3.35.

YES! It fixed the Hub issue. Works great!!!!

I also installed it on my KEYone. No problem.

The date on the new app is June 14, so I assume it will be rolling out on Google Play tomorrow if you want to wait.
    laketrout73 and FF22 like this.
    06-13-17 06:58 AM
    OK. Reporting back. The new version is 3.36 versus the one in Google Play which is 3.35.

YES! It fixed the Hub issue. Works great!!!!

I also installed it on my KEYone. No problem.

The date on the new app is June 14, so I assume it will be rolling out on Google Play tomorrow if you want to wait.
    Can you confirm that clicking a message from the hub opens up the entire app, and the back button returns to the hub?
    06-13-17 07:06 AM
    Make sure to report back to the developer how it works. Help him out a bit for trying to help you out.
    laketrout73, kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    06-13-17 07:08 AM
    Can you confirm that clicking a message from the hub opens up the entire app, and the back button returns to the hub?
    Actually, it's not the entire app. It's the quick reply window. This IMHO is the better option. Very BB10 like.

The back button takes you right to the Hub.
    06-13-17 07:13 AM
    Do you have a screenshot of it on the K1 for me to pass back?
    06-13-17 07:27 AM
    Do you have a screenshot of it on the K1 for me to pass back?
    Here you go.

Textra hub view solved?-notable-00073.jpg
    shadeofdawn likes this.
    06-13-17 07:34 AM
    Actually, it's not the entire app. It's the quick reply window. This IMHO is the better option. Very BB10 like.

The back button takes you right to the Hub.
    Ah, then it seems it still isn't fixed. Looks like the screen overlay/popup is just larger now looking at the screenshot above. I'll stick with Yaata which is seamless with the hub. Clicking a conservation opens the FULL window, not an overlay, and back takes you back to the hub. Nothing from Yaata stays open.
    06-13-17 07:54 AM
    Ah, then it seems it still isn't fixed. Looks like the screen overlay/popup is just larger now looking at the screenshot above. I'll stick with Yaata which is seamless with the hub. Clicking a conservation opens the FULL window, not an overlay, and back takes you back to the hub. Nothing from Yaata stays open.
    It is fixed, the overlay is textra's style, that's intentional and doesn't need to be "fixed" the problem before that needed to be fixed was that the overlay size was behaving as if there was a virtual keyboard under it so it was only using half the screen. Now it is fixed. But if you don't like textra's style, then use yaata.
    06-13-17 08:03 AM
    It is fixed, the overlay is textra's style, that's intentional and doesn't need to be "fixed" the problem before that needed to be fixed was that the overlay size was behaving as if there was a virtual keyboard under it so it was only using half the screen. Now it is fixed. But if you don't like textra's style, then use yaata.
    I always believed the problem was that there is no way to disable the popup reply window from the hub, but to each their own.
    06-13-17 08:05 AM
    Yes, this is what was fixed. I actually prefer that it doesn't open the whole app and just uses the overlay. Very BB10-like and much faster than opening the whole app. This is actually why I use Textra over Yaata.
    06-13-17 08:11 AM
    It doesn't open the entire app but a full screen light box / pop-up, instead of half screen.
    06-13-17 08:12 AM
    It doesn't open the entire app but a full screen light box / pop-up, instead of half screen.
    Agreed. This is a feature. I actually wish WhatsApp did the same thing.
    06-13-17 08:14 AM
    Agreed. This is a feature. I actually wish WhatsApp did the same thing.
    Yes I am already liking it. Swiping from left to right also hides it.
    06-13-17 08:15 AM
    Yaata has far superior Hub integration than Textra. The Textra "overlay" is the poor man's version of Yaata's excellent Hub integration. When I contacted Textra about their shortcomings in this area, they responded with "BlackBerry is still in business???" I proceeded to use Yaata from that time forward, donating significant monies.
    06-13-17 08:25 AM
    Yaata has far superior Hub integration than Textra. The Textra "overlay" is the poor man's version of Yaata's excellent Hub integration. When I contacted Textra about their shortcomings in this area, they responded with "BlackBerry is still in business???" I proceeded to use Yaata from that time forward, donating significant monies.
    To each his own. I prefer Textra as well and glad they updated. Was not impressed with yaata when I tried it.
    06-13-17 09:02 AM
    I always believed the problem was that there is no way to disable the popup reply window from the hub, but to each their own.
    Well, that just means you don't like the way Textra does it. They will not "fix" it because that's how they CHOSE to handle it. The problem was the only showing half the screen thing because the app thought the virtual keyboard was open.
    06-13-17 09:08 AM
33 12