Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry KEYone

Text problem --changing my phone to make number undeliverable

Asked: Apr 17 2018 | 9:09 am EDT 2350 Views 2 Answers View Best Answer

For select contacts in my address book and new numbers i type in to text, my Keyone is oddly making the number change to some odd 1044 or 044 in front of the number, making it undeliverable.. So all numbers i text as xxx-xxx-xxxx become 1044xxx-xxx-xxxx or 044xxx-xxx-xxxx, telling me this error message: "1044xxxxxxxxxx" Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code'. I have deleted numbers in my address book to rewrite as new text and it still happens. Also rebooted phone. And again, whats odd is it is only to some of the numbers. Other texts with other people it is working fine. ANY HELP?????

Best Answer

Apr 17 2018 | 9:22 am EDT psychofox13

For select contacts in my address book and new numbers i type in to text, my Keyone is oddly making the number change to some odd 1044 or 044 in front of the number, making it undeliverable.. So all numbers i text as xxx-xxx-xxxx become 1044xxx-xxx-xxxx or 044xxx-xxx-xxxx, telling me this error message: "1044xxxxxxxxxx" Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code'. I have deleted numbers in my address book to rewrite as new text and it still happens. Also rebooted phone. And again, whats odd is it is only to some of the numbers. Other texts with other people it is working fine. ANY HELP?????
Check your Messages settings:

Open Messages > Top right to Settings > check "Your Current Country" > Set this to your current country if it is not already set.

More Answers

Apr 17 2018 | 9:23 am EDT pkcable

Are you in the UK? 044 is the country code for the UK. 01 is the US. (maybe Canada too)

I could not find a way to access this setting on my LG V30. Try poking around your settings menu under the swipe down. ALSO open the contacts and phone apps and poke around in there. Turn OFF any settings for add country code, OR change it to your country, generally though off is best, when within our own country this setting is just not necessary.

UPDATE: OR just see the post above! lol Marked as best answer!