I've read the forums and researched online, I'm tempted to get the Keyone but I'm hesitant too. If I get one, it'll be the CDMA Sprint version but I'm concerned about the lag. 4gb ram would probably take care of any lag issues but I'm not betting that a CDMA Keyone with 4gb will be produced. I read speed can be improved by disabling the native launcher despite losing keyboard shortcuts or disabling Hub. But the shortcuts and Hub are features I want to keep but I don't like the frustration lag can cause especially since the Q10 is my only phone now. I was hoping the Keyone would be a step up from the Q10 but is it?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 07:14 AM
    The KEYone is a step up from the PRIV which stepped up from the Passport which itself was a stepup from the Classic which stepped up from the Q10. Time/Age is definitely in your favor on this one.
    10-11-17 07:22 AM
    The KEYone is a step up from the PRIV which stepped up from the Passport which itself was a stepup from the Classic which stepped up from the Q10. Time/Age is definitely in your favor on this one.
    That's how I look at it. When I get it, it will be light years ahead of my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 07:47 AM
    But I heard going from BB10 to Android is a step backwards. I never really got to play around with Android so I don't really know how it compares to BB10. Then again, they aren't producing any new BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 08:27 AM
    But I heard going from BB10 to Android is a step backwards. I never really got to play around with Android so I don't really know how it compares to BB10. Then again, they aren't producing any new BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    There are legions of Android fans. Plus, you don't have much of a choice.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 08:30 AM
    I've read the forums and researched online, I'm tempted to get the Keyone but I'm hesitant too. If I get one, it'll be the CDMA Sprint version but I'm concerned about the lag. 4gb ram would probably take care of any lag issues but I'm not betting that a CDMA Keyone with 4gb will be produced. I read speed can be improved by disabling the native launcher despite losing keyboard shortcuts or disabling Hub. But the shortcuts and Hub are features I want to keep but I don't like the frustration lag can cause especially since the Q10 is my only phone now. I was hoping the Keyone would be a step up from the Q10 but is it?

Posted via CB10
    I know it's been a slow roll out for this device, but I expect we will see a 4gb CDMA edition. Time will tell.
    10-11-17 09:18 AM
    And many users aren't experiencing lag, so it may be dependent on what apps you will be running.

Posted via CB10
    duncan86 likes this.
    10-11-17 10:16 AM
    I know it's been a slow roll out for this device, but I expect we will see a 4gb CDMA edition. Time will tell.
    The question is how long will it take time to tell? On a global perspective, it seems BlackBerry doesn't have a strong US market so there's lots of BlackBerry phones that never made it to my neck of the woods. I don't think the odds are in favor of a 4gb CDMA edition. There's more of a demand for GSM editions so I'll probably pass out if I hold my breath for a 4gb CDMA edition.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 10:57 AM
    The question is how long will it take time to tell? On a global perspective, it seems BlackBerry doesn't have a strong US market so there's lots of BlackBerry phones that never made it to my neck of the woods. I don't think the odds are in favor of a 4gb CDMA edition. There's more of a demand for GSM editions so I'll probably pass out if I hold my breath for a 4gb CDMA edition.

Posted via CB10
    The truth is I don't think TCL had any idea of the demand for this product but they have learned from it. I expect a much smoother roll out of the Motion.
    10-11-17 11:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    I dual carried Android/BBOS from 2010-2013 for apps not available on BBOS. For me, BB10 was a step back from both Android/BBOS since I still didn't have the necessary Android/IOS type apps/ecosystem and I no longer had a larger BBOS ecosystem with better at time OS features. BB10 felt like knockoff or counterfeit version of Android until 10.2.1 and was decent until ART stopped at 4.3 while GPS apps moved on to 4.4 and beyond.

BlackBerry Android was enough of an improvement that I put all of my BB10 devices for the purposes of productivity. The irony of Tools not Toys phrase wasn't lost on me either but seemed awkward since I wasn't spending wasted time on ported apps from Android that would glitch on a regular basis. I stopped buying Android flagships after the PRIV even with it's First BlackBerry Android Device problems. I've moved on and dual carry still. Both devices are the DTEK50/60.

It takes 30 days to get used to using BlackBerry Android coming from BB10. For now, I prefer the BlackBerry Android hardware over loading BlackBerry Android software onto non-BlackBerry devices. I'm the person that wants to just turn phone on and it does it's job. What time I have to waste, I prefer to socialize here and IRL.

Don't let the BB10 diehards/fanboys scare you. 99% of the population can't be wrong and with BlackBerry Android you're in better shape than a lot of that 99%.
    10-11-17 11:32 AM
    I really doubt that since the original CDMA versions are hardly in stock are still stuck on the April Security Patch!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 11:37 AM
    I really doubt that since the original CDMA versions are hardly in stock are still stuck on the April Security Patch!

Posted via CB10
    The primary CDMA demand is for Verizon and they didn't pickup the 3gb version. Perhaps, the 4gb will be their unique carrier version if BBMo can show them enough demand with AT&T sales. Don't bring up Sprint, that's just a reason to convince AT&T to carry device. LOL
    10-11-17 11:43 AM
    The primary CDMA demand is for Verizon and they didn't pickup the 3gb version. Perhaps, the 4gb will be their unique carrier version if BBMo can show them enough demand with AT&T sales. Don't bring up Sprint, that's just a reason to convince AT&T to carry device. LOL
    Not sure picking up a device after 6 months of release is going to give Verizon a lot of sales.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-17 11:45 AM
    Not sure picking up a device after 6 months of release is going to give Verizon a lot of sales.

Posted via CB10
    Not if device has 4/64 specs and they call it KEYplus. Do you really think average consumer knows anything besides it has a PKB when they see it. Majority of consumers don't buy specs. They purchase based on price and/or brand. If they want a PKB, and it's offered without major problems, they'll buy it.
    10-11-17 12:01 PM
    Folks, there are many threads here for advising users on how to make a transition from iPhone to the KEYone, or to Android in general. However, with Microsoft recently announcing the end of development for Windows Phone (WP10), there will be many people who will come here to read this particular thread and who will be looking for information on how to move email. calendar, photos/music and data to the KEYone. And if their license for Office 365 is useful on the K1. I hope you'll have threads and helpers to advise people like me on answering these questions and helping them to transition to the phone and a new OS. Thanks.
    10-11-17 05:52 PM
    Folks, there are many threads here for advising users on how to make a transition from iPhone to the KEYone, or to Android in general. However, with Microsoft recently announcing the end of development for Windows Phone (WP10), there will be many people who will come here to read this particular thread and who will be looking for information on how to move email. calendar, photos/music and data to the KEYone. And if their license for Office 365 is useful on the K1. I hope you'll have threads and helpers to advise people like me on answering these questions and helping them to transition to the phone and a new OS. Thanks.
    Download the Outlook App from the Google Play Store. This will allow you to access your Office 365 account. You can also see related Office 365 apps for Android to download.

Separately, you can load your various email and social media accounts in the hub.
    10-11-17 06:39 PM
    I have a Sprint Keyone. After disabling animations and forcing use of the GPU for 2d animations in developer options, it's smooth as butter with the same battery life as before.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-12-17 07:26 PM