I know rounded screen edges are hostile for screen protectors, especially tempered glasses. I have never had a luck with a rounded tempered glass – just a bit inaccuracy can wave it, which has two bad consequences. First, it cracks really easily, even in my pocket. Second, dust can get between screen and the protector.

I have decided to give a try to some unrounded screen protector by PhoneNatic. Other tempered glasses I have tried stick just at the edges (they have adhesive there). This one should stick by the whole surface using cohesive forces. It actually sticks, except the edges, see the first attachment. Using force does not help, it returns to the original position when I stop pressing it.

Just a note on PhoneNatic: They sell some good products, and probably some products that are not tested well. They however at least tend to refund money if they sell a crap. This post is not much about PhoneNatic, rather about tempered glasses for KEYone.

It does not look much like being caused by a dirty screen, as this is much regular. Well, there might be some dirt (I have tried to detach and reattach the protector multiple times), but that's not the primary issue.

It might look like edges of the glass aren't enough cohesive at the edges. So, I've tried to lay it rotated by 90°, see the second attachment. Edges of the glass are OK, edges of the screen aren't. This suggests that the screen is quite more rounded than expected. Also, it seems to be rounded on the top/bottom of the screen (or navbar).

The one key KEYone question: Given the nature of the screen, are other tempered glass protectors worth of trying?
    Attached Thumbnails Tempered glass on KEYone – screen rounded too much?-imag6255.jpg   Tempered glass on KEYone – screen rounded too much?-imag6254.jpg  
    Last edited by v6ak; 04-23-18 at 09:59 AM.
    04-21-18 08:09 AM
    I had a few of those types of glass protectors for the KEYone and I hate how they don't have full coverage. Even worse is sometimes the really low quality ones don't even stick well on the sides which results in a horrible line all around the screen where you can clearly see that it's not adhered.

I just received today one that has the black contours and transparent holes for the Back / Home / Recents. Many here were complaining about a loss of sensitivity of those buttons but I have to say in my case they still respond 90% as good as without the protector on.

Pretty satisfied with it.
    05-07-18 12:28 PM
    i am sorry the skepticism, but… I have felt like having done a good job after applying a glass on Priv/KEYone probably multiple times. However, I did not feel so week or month after application. Usually, some signs of bad match appear within a week or so – some dust under the glass, bad sensitivity, wavy shape or protector cracked during some non-risky activity (like wearing the phone in my pocket). Such cracks are probably caused by waved shape and tension caused by non-fitting. All of those glasses were curved except the last one, which you can see above.

So, please write your review after a week or month of usage. If you are satisfied even after that (no dust/wave/crack/insensitivity), I am interested what vendor it is.

I also have heard of Youji, they reportedly have a glass that is mildly curved, probably to prevent effects like on the photo above. (Note that there might be more types of the glass from the same vendor.) However, they ship to a very limited number of countries and forwarding (services like Shipito or so) makes it quite expensive. I have asked them if they can ship to Czech Republic and got a positive answer, but I cannot order it to a Czech postal address. So, I haven't tried it.
    05-07-18 02:45 PM
    hi guys. try this one. I have this one on my KeyOne and works like a charm.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B072ST...UvbUpU13183248
    05-07-18 11:07 PM
    hi guys. try this one. I have this one on my KeyOne and works like a charm.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B072ST...UvbUpU13183256
    Reviews don't look too promising and without prime I'm not down
    05-08-18 12:01 AM
    I have it on my phone since I got my phone. not saying it's the best. however it covers the rounded corners very well. so a possible solution for anyone using the oem flip cover. @Carjackd you are more than welcome to present your solution.
    05-08-18 12:12 AM
    I had a curved laminated glass screen protector on for 5 minutes at most and removed and threw it away. Total waste of money. Can't recall the brand but it had a black frame around it and was held by adhesive on the black parts. Response of the screen with protector on was rubbish. Anyway, this is only my experience .
    05-08-18 01:03 AM
    I have it on my phone since I got my phone. not saying it's the best. however it covers the rounded corners very well. so a possible solution for anyone using the oem flip cover. @Carjackd you are more than welcome to present your solution.
    I use a tetded case on mine and no screen protector and no issues, no scratches. Nevertheless , I prefer to pick up something better than , mixed ratings .
    05-08-18 06:20 PM
    I had a curved laminated glass screen protector on for 5 minutes at most and removed and threw it away. Total waste of money. Can't recall the brand but it had a black frame around it and was held by adhesive on the black parts. Response of the screen with protector on was rubbish. Anyway, this is only my experience .
    Had something like this on a GS8, and it was awful. Like yours, only the outside edges had glue. It had a glittery rainbow effect, and touch was garbage. Threw it out as soon as I could.
    05-09-18 10:27 AM