My Keyone has not been updated since October 5th from Telus. Remember that KRACK vulnerability? No updates from Telus for that either which was released Oct 31st. Blackberry Mobile has released multiple updates in November and December yet nothing to us customers.

Telus' own site to track software updates doesn't even have the Keyone listed!

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/...ule/ta-p/53566

I wasted an hour on the phone 2 weeks ago and a supervisor promised me a callback, clearly to just get me off the phone as he NEVER called me back (Thanks Hugo).

I then emailed to complain and it took them 8 days to reply and their replies are ones of the most incompetent "customer service" ever received. They are telling ME to call Blackberry for the updates, not knowing that their own company is the only one that can release updates to Telus locked devices. They also quoted a "Blackberry Motion" update not knowing that is not the same as the Keyone device. And so on and so on.

It's proven lately that these companies will do NOTHING to help you out unless you complain out in the open. Unfortunately I don't have Twitter and Telus does not have an official FB page.

So have at it. Give me all of your complaints and I'm going to forward this link to them.
    01-17-18 02:25 PM
    Pretty sure that's the reason so many were wanting a unlocked version..... Carriers have ALWAYS been a block for regular updates.
    01-17-18 03:25 PM
    Krack was patched in the October update.
    01-17-18 03:26 PM
    Rogers is not much better. I'm still on the November update as we head into February. Their update site shows nothing for the KEYone.

OS Upgrade Schedule - Rogers Community

Especially now with Spectre and Meltdown, you would assume they would be on top of it!
    01-17-18 03:27 PM
    Telus didn't even bother releasing the November update.
    01-18-18 03:41 PM
    Telus is on the October + KRACK update, Rogers is on the November update, and Bell is also on the November update (but a newer revision with updated modem firmware). Why updates have fallen behind, I don't know; you'd think a company bleating about how secure their smartphones are could at least talk about "obstinacy of carrier partners" or something like that instead of staying in the dark.

Luckily for the KEYone, the Snapdragon 625 is too low-end to have speculative execution support, so it's immune to Spectre/Meltdown, with or without the mitigations of the January 2018 patch level.
    01-18-18 03:52 PM
    Maybe it's time for Mr Chen to put pressure on these Telco companies to release the updates in a timely manner. I am sure all it would take is a phone call from Chen to these CEO's ,
    01-18-18 04:18 PM
    Man, I'm so happy that BlackBerry replaced my Rogers one with an NA unlocked when my screen failed
    01-18-18 04:37 PM
    Chen has nothing to do with phones anymore. It has to be Blackberry Mobile.
    01-18-18 06:12 PM
    Chen has nothing to do with phones anymore. It has to be Blackberry Mobile.
    And BlackBerry Mobile does not govern Telus updates.
    01-18-18 09:07 PM
    sorry, I know I sound like a broken record, as I've spoken about this problem numerous times in other threads regarding Telus. Feel free to do a search.

I too was fed up with them. I called them, emailed them, twittered them.

At one point, I had the Telus rep on the line, and at the same time, the BB Mobile guy on the line, and they each blamed each other for not having the update! it was ridiculous. I spent/wasted much time pursuing this.

Bottom line, Telus doesn't give a crap.

I sold my locked Silver K1, and went with a BE K1 factory unlocked.

Its been great, and I am on the December update. Im sure January will be here soon.

I will NEVER buy a carrier phone again.
    01-18-18 09:10 PM
    Autoloader won't work on locked devices?
    01-18-18 09:15 PM
    Autoloader won't work on locked devices?
    Sure.

Just not devices that require their own exclusive OSes - like Chinese phones, Sprint, and AT&T.
    01-18-18 10:01 PM
    Sure.

Just not devices that require their own exclusive OSes - like Chinese phones, Sprint, and AT&T.
    I don't understand what the issue is with people then lol. Here I thought they were actually stuck.
    01-18-18 10:02 PM
    My Keyone has not been updated since October 5th from Telus. Remember that KRACK vulnerability? No updates from Telus for that either which was released Oct 31st. Blackberry Mobile has released multiple updates in November and December yet nothing to us customers.

I wasted an hour on the phone 2 weeks ago and a supervisor promised me a callback, clearly to just get me off the phone as he NEVER called me back (Thanks Hugo).

I then emailed to complain and it took them 8 days to reply and their replies are ones of the most incompetent "customer service" ever received. They are telling ME to call Blackberry for the updates, not knowing that their own company is the only one that can release updates to Telus locked devices. They also quoted a "Blackberry Motion" update not knowing that is not the same as the Keyone device. And so on and so on.

It's proven lately that these companies will do NOTHING to help you out unless you complain out in the open. Unfortunately I don't have Twitter and Telus does not have an official FB page.

So have at it. Give me all of your complaints and I'm going to forward this link to them.
    They all stink, just to varying degrees.
    01-18-18 11:16 PM

I completely agree with everything you said , it's total bull **** !! As I two am in the same boat as u Oct patch on my keyone .
    Can't somebody get us some fucn answers?
    Hell if this was an iphone issue it should have been dealt with asap!
    Total joke !
    01-18-18 11:23 PM
    I agree... it is a joke. I am not sure why this happening with the Canadian carriers. Anyway, I've given up. I just the ran the autoloader for the latest Jan patch without any issues. I'm happy. Thank you crackberry forums!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-19-18 12:02 AM
    was it all that hard ?
    01-19-18 12:28 AM
    According to Rogers they're going to update the KEYone on 22 January.
    01-19-18 12:39 PM
    According to Rogers they're going to update the KEYone on 22 January.
    Do u have something that u can post that shows this
    01-19-18 01:02 PM
    Do u have something that u can post that shows this
    Maybe the link?
    01-19-18 01:07 PM
    Maybe the link?
    Yes if u have
    01-19-18 08:45 PM
    welcome to TELUS, hope you're having a nice day.

Posted via CBX
    01-19-18 09:16 PM