Any news when?
    08-23-17 10:10 AM
    I received the Public Mobile update yesterday. Telus owns PM but unsure if they control the releases or not.
    08-23-17 10:12 AM
    still waiting tooo
    08-23-17 04:03 PM
    I received the Public Mobile update yesterday. Telus owns PM but unsure if they control the releases or not.
    Considering that Public Mobile doesn't sell any phones (they only sell service for you to consume on a phone you already own), the inevitable conclusion is that they are not in the loop on any particular phone's OS update schedule.

What distribution channel did the phone originally come from? (ie. either factory unlocked, or via a carrier) That would determine your device's OS update schedule, and that would help determine whether or not it is of use to the original poster.
    08-24-17 12:30 PM
    Considering that Public Mobile doesn't sell any phones (they only sell service for you to consume on a phone you already own), the inevitable conclusion is that they are not in the loop on any particular phone's OS update schedule.

What distribution channel did the phone originally come from? (ie. either factory unlocked, or via a carrier) That would determine your device's OS update schedule, and that would help determine whether or not it is of use to the original poster.
    Good point. Phone was unlocked from Bell.
    08-24-17 12:53 PM
    Good point. Phone was unlocked from Bell.
    wait a minute, if we unlock our phones, we will get the updates?
    09-08-17 07:20 AM
    wait a minute, if we unlock our phones, we will get the updates?
    Of course. This has been the case since I got the Priv on launch day back in November 2015.
    09-08-17 07:46 AM
    OK let me get this straight currently I have a locked phone with Telus, if I get it unlocked any updates would come thru on their own or still have to wait for Telus to push out???
    09-08-17 11:10 AM
    OK let me get this straight currently I have a locked phone with Telus, if I get it unlocked any updates would come thru on their own or still have to wait for Telus to push out???
    Still Telus, I think.
    09-08-17 11:11 AM
    Factory-unlocked is different from SIM-unlocked.
    09-08-17 11:13 AM
    Tks, just hoping there was a way to cut Telus out of the update picture.
    09-08-17 11:15 AM