** Update as of 11/6/17 **

I contacted BlackBerry mobile again and asked for a manager, guy said "they will call you tomorrow," so I got all his contact info. No call by manager and been 5 days, and now the original rep is dodging me! I contacted BlackBerry mobile on Twitter like members here advised, twice actually. And also nothing - no response. This is amazing, BlackBerry mobile has my money (advanced replacement program, have to leave deposit with cc) for two phones, and they are both BROKEN due to build quality. Where do I go next? Nuts.

I was so excited to get the KEYone back in early June. Heard about screen issues, mine seemed solid. Screen fell out in early August. As per a few CB member's advice, I pushed for repair instead of refurb replacement to be sure it wouldn't happen again. The TCL rep agreed, and gave me instructions on how to proceed with getting my original device fixed. Despite my efforts, they sent me a refurb.

My refurb (also may build date) was assured by TCL to have been one that had "additional strengthening measures" in place, and not to worry. Okay, fine. I kept it. Three weeks ago, screen started separating at the bottom. I contacted TCL, and pushed hard for a NEW device, or one with a later build date. Escalated to management, they said "they would do their best" and also apologized saying that the replacement was from a bad batch, as was my first device.

Got my third KEYone today, another refurb with an early June build date. The space bar is messed up (sticky), and the back is super loose and creaky. Also, looks pretty used.

As a loyal blackberry user for 10 years and an early adopter of the KEYone (like many of you here), I'm super disappointed with TCL/BB mobile. I understand build issues on a new device, but I have been lied to by TCL several times, I have waited two weeks for this third replacement, after a week of phone calls and e-mails with them - only to get a crappy refurb again. What a waste of time. Congrats to everyone getting flawless devices, but there are way to many stories like mine here.
    Last edited by Cgeberryuser; 11-06-17 at 05:31 PM.
    11-02-17 12:35 AM
    Yea their customer service has been pretty pathetic mostly except for a rare odd case here and there.
    Try contacting them over Twitter and see if it helps.
    They seem pretty active there

Posted via CB10
    11-02-17 12:48 AM
    @bbmobile on twitter is your friend
    11-02-17 12:50 AM
    This subject is the most important thing for me. I believe that TCL is just TCL. Their product quality will never meet or comparable with original device which manufactured by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 via awesome Passport SE.
    11-02-17 12:55 AM
    This subject is the most important thing for me. I believe that TCL is just TCL. Their product quality will never meet or comparable with original device which manufactured by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 via awesome Passport SE.
    Yet my 1st gen KEYᵒⁿᵉ is perfect so far, my Priv screen clicked, my Passport SE screen lifted, and my Q10 double-typed.

Wistron, Foxconn, TCL. Not much difference.
    TheDutch20 likes this.
    11-02-17 01:01 AM
    Yet my 1st gen KEYᵒⁿᵉ is perfect so far, my Priv screen clicked, my Passport SE screen lifted, and my Q10 double-typed.

Wistron, Foxconn, TCL. Not much difference.
    I still remember the days when I was nearly chastised for claiming poor construction for the BlackBerry Passport that leads to screen lift. Anyway, off topic, just reminiscing.
    11-02-17 01:14 AM
    business is business. they are not your friends
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-02-17 01:34 AM
    FYI TCL return times are much better than BlackBerry's, at least in our region. For lifted screens, they (or the contracted service center) usually don't send back refurbs, but they replace almost the entire phone, except the mainboard - that's why the IMEI remains the same.
    11-02-17 02:34 AM
    Yea their customer service has been pretty pathetic mostly except for a rare odd case here and there.
    Try contacting them over Twitter and see if it helps.
    They seem pretty active there

Posted via CB10
    I think I will do that. Thanks.
    11-02-17 02:55 AM
    Lol. My Priv was a nightmare. Replaced once and never worked well. Overheated all the time. My Z10 was a train wreck and battery was atrocious. Lots of issues with my Z30 also. My first KEYone did have the lift issue and it was replaced sooner than quoted or expected. My second KEYone has been epic.
    11-02-17 03:25 AM
    Lol. My Priv was a nightmare. Replaced once and never worked well. Overheated all the time. My Z10 was a train wreck and battery was atrocious. Lots of issues with my Z30 also. My first KEYone did have the lift issue and it was replaced sooner than quoted or expected. My second KEYone has been epic.
    Sounds like me. The last trouble-free 'berry I had was the q10. Had build issues with the Z30, screen-lift on passport, double-typing classic, had Priv RMA'd 3 times, and now third keyone going back.

Seems like on of the best business decision that TCL could make is being on top of qc and customer service to redeem our faith in the BlackBerry brand. I really didn't want to give up on BB/pkb and go to the pixel 2, but damn, how much can we take? Lol
    11-02-17 04:10 AM
    Contacted BlackBerry Mobile via Twitter twice, over the past 5 days, and no response. called main line again, and said I need to speak with manager. Rep says "okay, sure, they will call you tomorrow". This was also five days ago, and nothing. Terrible waste of time. : (
    11-06-17 05:35 PM
    Going for the second replacement after screen popped off the first one, after the screen popped off my original one.

For me the killer is the set up time. Not every setting is backed up and restored (hello BlackBerry's own HUB... ). The people that buy this phone don't usually have much time for this type of stuff. This is probably my last try, after which I'll reluctantly move on.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-17 09:46 AM
    Going for the second replacement after screen popped off the first one, after the screen popped off my original one.

For me the killer is the set up time. Not every setting is backed up and restored (hello BlackBerry's own HUB... ). The people that buy this phone don't usually have much time for this type of stuff. This is probably my last try, after which I'll reluctantly move on.
    You mean to tell me the restore feature up to now is still messed up?

Doesn't completely put everything the way you set it?
    11-07-17 09:58 AM

Yeah, that's my biggest gripe. Wasted time! And speaking to person after person that is scripted and will lie when they need to, and send you another bad refurb. I can't believe BB Mobile is this bad.
    11-07-17 01:17 PM
    I agree that BlackBerry desperately needs a full-fledged backup and restore solution, like BlackBerry of yore, Apple, or more recently Samsung via Samsung Cloud for their flagship devices. When I had to swap out my KeyOne the setup process took a full day again. It's crazy slow. This is one of my big gripes with Android in general, minus Samsung, as there is no proper backup and restore functionality at all.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-20-17 02:08 PM