So President of TCT North America retweeted an article on tech crunch:

https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/22/bl..._share=twitter

The interesting part about this article is that it mentions them unveiling MULTIPLE smartphones at CES. Now random online tech articles are making all kinds of claims, but they are not being retweeted by the president of the company...

What are the chances? And what do you think they would be, the mercury and another all-touch maybe? Or two versions of pkb phones??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Uzi and Mikey_NNG like this.
    12-26-16 10:47 PM
    We see the news yesterday on some of main media website of china. They shown a picture of mercury. From TCL. http://tech.sina.cn/mobile/xp/2016-1...tml?&cid=56518
    So I think it will be show at CES 2017.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 10:59 PM
    We see the news yesterday on some of main media website of china. They shown a picture of mercury. From TCL. http://tech.sina.cn/mobile/xp/2016-1...tml?&cid=56518

Posted via CB10
    Well they have pretty much confirmed we will see the pkb phone at CES, my question is if the report of not one, but more than one new BB branded phone being shown at CES like the techcrunch article claims can be true.

12-26-16 11:07 PM
    This article doesn't really state anything new.

"No shocker here, but the company is planning to reveal multiple smartphones carrying the BlackBerry branding in the near future � quite possibly at CES in a couple of weeks..."

I do wonder though if they are going to unveil more than just the Mercury. If they did, I can't imagine it would be another pkb - you would think they'd want to put all effort on just the one. Maybe a slab?

Posted via CB10
    johnmarki likes this.
    12-27-16 12:04 AM

"No shocker here, but the company is planning to reveal multiple smartphones carrying the BlackBerry branding in the near future � quite possibly at CES in a couple of weeks..."

I do wonder though if they are going to unveil more than just the Mercury. If they did, I can't imagine it would be another pkb - you would think they'd want to put all effort on just the one. Maybe a slab?

Posted via CB10
    You basically just asked the exact same questions I just did...

PALoeza and FairlightRacing like this.
    12-27-16 01:20 AM
    Nice
    12-27-16 01:32 AM
    This is actually kind of exciting.

TCL is poised to put BlackBerry to shame in terms of meeting deadlines and delivering results. But really, they are the new BlackBerry. This is good for everybody.

I actually think the resources possessed by TCL might be enough to bring BlackBerry back from the dead. It's an iconic hardware brand that deserves to live on.

Sure, the Waterloo BlackBerry isn't going to make much money off of this, but if the TCL BlackBerry hardware can perform, it's only going to help the software performance and reputation.

Plus, as unfortunate as it is for the employees , Waterloo BlackBerry is going to save a fortune when they fully disband the hardware division. I'm sure most of them knew this was coming though, and likely the best and brightest will go to work for TCL.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, Barbareren, z3user and 2 others like this.
    12-27-16 01:39 AM
    This is my personal belief. We will see
    12-27-16 02:16 AM
    Im getting the mercury, I couldn't give a damn about the pixel and the LG v20 and Samsungs new s8 and all that nonsense,

How ever , the device needs to have the 821 soc and a really good camera!

No Bs that because it's a business device the camera isn't important!

If the device sports a 625 I don't think il be convinced enough and might wait it out.

That's just me.
    12-27-16 02:33 AM
    Im getting the mercury, I couldn't give a damn about the pixel and the LG v20 and Samsungs new s8 and all that nonsense,

If the device sports a 625 I don't think il be convinced enough and might wait it out.

That's just me.
    What if business demands one has a serviceable camera? Better to have one than not.
    12-27-16 03:03 AM
    Interesting to see SD821 gaining ground. I know it is most likely not the case but damn they create this hope )
    12-27-16 03:08 AM
    Things are definitely starting to heat up here.

For once we're actually getting some teasers (though the Chinese URL was an old render)

I don't think I've ever anticipated CES before, really can't wait to see what they have in store. Hopefully they get some good coverage from some of the top tech blogs. That's a cheap easy way to get some BB news in front of people.
    12-27-16 06:21 AM
    All this hype. Let's hope it's not a big flop.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 06:31 AM
    So President of TCT North America retweeted an article on tech crunch:

[url]https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/22/blackberry-2/?ncid=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&ut m_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+(TechCrunch)&sr_shar e=twitter[/url

The interesting part about this article is that it mentions them unveiling MULTIPLE smartphones at CES. Now random online tech articles are making all kinds of claims, but they are not being retweeted by the president of the company...

What are the chances? And what do you think they would be, the mercury and another all-touch maybe? Or two versions of pkb phones??

Neither the official TCL press release nor this article explicitly state there will be multiple BlackBerries unveiled at CES. From press release; "We'll unveil more news at CES around our plans, showcasing the legacy of the BlackBerry smartphone brand, while also giving a glimpse into what new BlackBerry smartphones will offer as part of our bold new brand portfolio within TCT." All this is saying is that they are going to talk about future plans and how BlackBerry branded handsets play into them.

I do expect them to unveil the Mercury, though:

Posted via CB10
    You realize this image that has been floating around is nothing more than a taller and/or thinner Passport with a slightly different screen, right? Wishful thinking--and too easy to photoshop. Considering some want to believe so hard in this like a dual boot PRIV or BB10 DTEK 70. I seriously doubt TCL, let alone anyone, is going to release a handset with a 3-4 year old design.
    12-27-16 08:10 AM

That's just me.
    Thankfully, BlackBerry/TCL is all that matters here, not what some fanboy demands. It will have a 625, where have you been?

Totally blows me away, the number of BlackBerry fans who are blindly making claim to buying this handset sight-unseen.
    Biggles likes this.
    12-27-16 08:18 AM
    Thankfully, BlackBerry/TCL is all that matters here, not what some fanboy demands. It will have a 625, where have you been?

Totally blows me away, the number of BlackBerry fans who are blindly making claim to buying this handset sight-unseen.
    Dude lots of people are excited for this phone, if you're not that's fine, but to criticize others for wanting it prior to release is ridiculous. How many people go nutts about a new iphone that's coming out? Or Samsung (altho maybe not so much anymore after their batterygate)? It you're not interested in it that's perfectly alright, but that isn't a reason to bash others interest or excitement.

 �lack�erry PASSPORT 
    12-27-16 09:19 AM
    I would expect the Mercury (or TCL's version of the Mercury) will make and appearance.

Along with the Idol 5 and a BlackBerry variant (or variants) of it.
    12-27-16 09:28 AM
    Looking forward to the announcement. Hopefully the pkb device will not be too long...lets wait and see.

CB10 on my Passport SE
    12-27-16 09:42 AM
    I would expect the Mercury (or TCL's version of the Mercury) will make and appearance.

Along with the Idol 5 and a BlackBerry variant (or variants) of it.
    Would like to see an Idol 5/5s with the paratek antenna, rgb led, carbon fibre back on the phone. One can dream right?
    12-27-16 09:43 AM
    Dude lots of people are excited for this phone, if you're not that's fine, but to criticize others for wanting it prior to release is ridiculous. How many people go nutts about a new iphone that's coming out? Or Samsung (altho maybe not so much anymore after their batterygate)? It you're not interested in it that's perfectly alright, but that isn't a reason to bash others interest or excitement.

 �lack�erry PASSPORT 
    I am interested in this handset for sure, and have been since the first rumors dropped a long time ago. Unlike the iPhone or even Galaxy SX, we have no idea what this device will actually look like, cost, and so on. The only things we know is that it's very likely to have the 625 and that it will have a pkb. So yeah, I think it's a bit premature to shout "take my money, already".

We waited a long time for BB10, then got the Z10 first instead of the Q10, which made no sense from a fan's perspective. Then, we got the Z30 and a little bit latter Classic, both of which were the next gen handsets we wanted in the first place. How about PRIV? Plenty of users claimed " I'll buy it now!" back when it was still a rumor. Then it turned out to be a disappointment for some because it was not BB10, dual boot, pkb one of the worst, 2MP front shooter, and so on.

I get fanboyism, I really do. I've had a BlackBerry as my daily driver for a decade now and hope to have one as my daily driver for the next ten. I also know that this is ultimately BlackBerry and ever since BB10 to not get too excited until after the fact.

Remember PlayBook?
    12-27-16 09:45 AM
    Double post.
    12-27-16 09:47 AM
    I don't really think we need multiple phones. For anyone that wants a slab device, you already got that in the DTEK60, DTEK50 and the PRIV.

PKB users on the other hand haven't gotten anything recently. The PRIV keyboard is insanely tiny for such a huge device and the last PKB device in the "true" BlackBerry form factor was the Classic.

So I hope that regardless of what TCL talks about at CES, I hope the Mercury takes center stage.
    12-27-16 09:50 AM
    I don't really think we need multiple phones. For anyone that wants a slab device, you already got that in the DTEK60, DTEK50 and the PRIV.

PKB users on the other hand haven't gotten anything recently. The PRIV keyboard is insanely tiny for such a huge device and the last PKB device in the "true" BlackBerry form factor was the Classic.

So I hope that regardless of what TCL talks about at CES, I hope the Mercury takes center stage.
    CES & MWC usually you see "coming soon" device for the year. Most OEM aren't like BlackBerry where there never is an upgrade the following year. iPhone 7 has only been on the market for three months and most all the talk now is about it's replacement. The DTEK50 and DTEK60 are old news, and have to hope that TCL will be able to do more the next time around with the BlackBerry brand (like carrier involvement).
    12-27-16 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Haha sort of. I was just trying to point out that when you said the article says "they are going to unveil MULTIPLE phones at CES", people realize that the article was just making a claim on no new information.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 10:24 AM
    We've pretty much established the BBB100 Mercury most of us are discussing, but also the BBC100, which is the Merah Putih device we know very little about. If the latter has no relation to TCL, it probably won't be announced at CES but rather a separate regional event imo.
    12-27-16 10:45 AM
105 123 ...