Okay, I'm confused. We saw from the info on the back of the indian version KEYone that Mr Mobile reviewed that it was made by TCL in China and imported into india by optiemus.

The bbmobile KEYone was also made in China, but not, if I recall correctly, by TCL.

TCL is the parent company of bbmobile, but they trade separately.

So, when we discuss bbmobile we need to be clear we're not discussing tcl, right?!? (🤔😀)
    Attached Thumbnails TCL is not bbmobile-56871.jpg  
    yeo123 likes this.
    08-01-17 06:52 AM
    TCL have the licence for Blackberry and created a new operation called Blackberry Mobile to compliment TCL Mobile (who I believe only operate in Asia) and Alcatel mobile... you can see them as seperate brands on their website, but they are all owned by TCL... TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited

So BBMobile is TCL... this is the problem we had with the DTEK range, that was an Alcatel phone build by TCL or Alcatel, which was re-designed slightly to compliment Blackberry and then released for Blackberry, but those devices are not Blackberry Mobile, which is why there is / was a question over continued support.

The K1 is the first phone for BBMo as the company did not exist until after the DTEK range.
    08-01-17 07:13 AM
    Cbk has since written a news item re understanding how BlackBerry, tcl, bbmobile, optiemus and the indonesian mob all fit in.

A tip for the novice, draw a mud map and you're half way there ....... 😂
    08-01-17 09:42 AM
    TCL have the licence for Blackberry and created a new operation called Blackberry Mobile to compliment TCL Mobile (who I believe only operate in Asia) and Alcatel mobile... you can see them as seperate brands on their website, but they are all owned by TCL... TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited

So BBMobile is TCL... this is the problem we had with the DTEK range, that was an Alcatel phone build by TCL or Alcatel, which was re-designed slightly to compliment Blackberry and then released for Blackberry, but those devices are not Blackberry Mobile, which is why there is / was a question over continued support.

The K1 is the first phone for BBMo as the company did not exist until after the DTEK range.
    Actually DTEK60 is now officially adopted as a TCL BlackBerry Mobile product.

BlackBerry SKU: BLACKBERRY BLACKBERRY DTEK60 RETAIL NA - Product Details

TCL SKU: TCL BLACKBERRY DTEK60 UNLOCKED DEVICE BLACK - Product Details

The DTEK60 "KEYones" sent by Walmart Canada are actually TCL DTEK60s.
    08-01-17 01:38 PM
    I think TCL does call itself Blackberry Mobile from the website.
    08-02-17 12:22 AM
    Okay, I'm confused. We saw from the info on the back of the indian version KEYone that Mr Mobile reviewed that it was made by TCL in China and imported into india by optiemus.

The bbmobile KEYone was also made in China, but not, if I recall correctly, by TCL.

So, when we discuss bbmobile we need to be clear we're not discussing tcl, right?!? ()
    I can explain this but all that comes to mind is...."Who's on first?"
    Last edited by Carjackd; 08-02-17 at 01:12 AM.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-02-17 12:53 AM
    I cam explain this but all that comes to mind is...."Who's on first?"
    whistler's mother
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-02-17 01:10 AM

So, when we discuss bbmobile we need to be clear we're not discussing tcl, right?!? (🤔😀)
    The initial run ( black K1)was manufactured in China by TCL. However hereon out out ONLY the parts will be supplied and then 100% manufactured by Optimieous in india! There has been discussion about this in the forums even Kevin got the made in China version of the K1 and has assured us no difference in build quality whatsoever!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-02-17 02:40 AM
    The initial run was manufactured in China for the black model however heron out ONLY the part will be supplied and then 100% manufactured by Optimists in india!
    That is a very optimistic assessment 😎

What part will the part play of the 100% yet to be (de)parted? (😂)
    Last edited by Heavens1; 08-02-17 at 03:17 AM.
    08-02-17 02:43 AM
    BB Mobile is just a workname where BlackBerry licence there brand, rules and also it seems bring manufactures together.
    08-02-17 02:47 AM
    TCL is a much bigger company than BBMobile phones, or even phones for that matter. BBMobile is just a hardware division under a much bigger TCL company
    08-02-17 02:53 AM
    TCL is a much bigger company than BBMobile phones, or even phones for that matter. BBMobile is just a hardware division under a much bigger TCL company
    TCL is big in electronica and more indeed > What I know they have a market in Asia and America for the rest I never see the brand in Europe. It also seems the quickest growing brand in the US in LCD TV

http://www.tclusa.com/about-us/partnerships (Ellen show? )
    08-02-17 03:55 AM
    TCL is big in electronica and more indeed > What I know they have a market in Asia and America for the rest I never see the brand in Europe. It also seems the quickest growing brand in the US in LCD TV

http://www.tclusa.com/about-us/partnerships (Ellen show? )
    Not that anyone should care about what I might have to say...but recently, I have seen TCL TVs at Wal-Mart.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 04:01 AM
    Not that anyone should care about what I might have to say...but recently, I have seen TCL TVs at Wal-Mart.

Posted via CB10
    We need a picture for proof
    08-02-17 04:59 AM