I don't have the same perception as you do. I make a clear separation between vague promotional statements (BB10 is the future) and policy statements. It

My perspective is that they provided all the hardware support that they committed to in their hardware warranty and all the software support they committed to in their software licensing agreements with users. However, I respect that they disappointed users like you who expected more.

I can only think of two instances in the past 10 years where BlackBerry promised to deliver something WITHIN THEIR CONTROL that didn't happen (BB10 for PlayBook, after the PlayBook flopped, BB10 was delayed , and BB10 ended up too big to run efficiently on the PB; and BB10.3.4, which was basically delivered as 10.3.3, which had been delayed by many months).

I hear your cynicism, but, based on my experience, I don't share it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    As someone who's company has many contracts with BB I can tell you they always over promise and under deliver.
    08-22-17 01:12 PM
    As someone who's company has many contracts with BB I can tell you they always over promise and under deliver.
    Can you provide examples? I gave the only two I'm aware of.

08-22-17 01:14 PM
    Can you provide examples? I gave the only two I'm aware of.

Let's see software for commercial users..........years behind. Devices for commercial users spotty support. Shall I go on......

I speak not just of phones but the whole eco-system. That's why we are slowly moving away from them, our first move was phones.
    msyogota likes this.
    08-22-17 01:18 PM
    Let's see software for commercial users..........years behind. Devices for commercial users spotty support. Shall I go on......
    I am not trying to minimize your dissatisfaction or skepticism. However, your examples are so general that they are impossible to evaluate.

You're suggesting we can't trust a very specific commitment made by an authorized corporate spokesperson confirming that Android Oreo will be released for the KEYone.

Do you have actual examples of similar specific, quotable commitments BlackBerry made that they didn't deliver or are you just generally dissatisfied with their performance?"

Which "software for commercial users that are years behind" or "devices for commercial users spotty support" are you referring to?

08-22-17 01:31 PM
    I am not trying to minimize your dissatisfaction or skepticism. However, your examples are so general that they are impossible to evaluate.

You're suggesting we can't trust a very specific commitment made by an authorized corporate spokesperson confirming that Android Oreo will be released for the KEYone.

Do you have actual examples of similar specific, quotable commitments BlackBerry made that they didn't deliver or are you just generally dissatisfied with their performance?"

Which "software for commercial users that are years behind" or "devices for commercial users spotty support" are you referring to?

As a CEO with contracts we also have within these contracts non disclosure agreements. All I can say is BB has a reputation.
    08-22-17 04:05 PM
    As a CEO with contracts we also have within these contracts non disclosure agreements. All I can say is BB has a reputation.
    Well, I don't want to put you in legal jeopardy, so I will have to take your word on it.

anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-22-17 04:12 PM
    Well, I don't want to put you in legal jeopardy, so I will have to take your word on it.

Thank you
    08-22-17 04:23 PM

Thank you
    Except we're not talking about BlackBerry, are we.
    08-22-17 04:25 PM
    Smart.....**s............lol
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-22-17 04:33 PM
    Well, it depends on how you look at it. When I posted this yesterday, it wasn't clear which company's spokesperson had been quoted.

Now that we know it was BlackBerry Mobile, there are three reasons I can think of to be skeptical:
    1) The spokesperson wasn't authorized to make the commitment (almost impossibly unlikely)
    2) BlackBerry Mobile won't keep its commitment (no reason to imagine that a company making a big investment to enter a competitive market would needlessly risk it's credibility like that)
    3) BlackBerry will fail to develop Oreo for the KEYone, breaking it's contract with TCL/BBM. (This seems like the least likely of all.)

My conclusion is that there is no reason to doubt that the KEYone will receive Oreo, now that BlackBerry Mobile has confirmed it.

08-22-17 04:33 PM
    I think you mean "peppermint"
    I can't wait until they reach Q and issue Quaaludes! (g)
    NightFire and anon(9742832) like this.
    08-22-17 07:49 PM
    I can't wait until they reach Q and issue Quaaludes! (g)
    I'll have to sleep on that one.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-22-17 08:21 PM
    Don't wait too long, the grass is always greener....
    08-22-17 09:49 PM
    Quiche, Queijadinha, Qurabiya, Quindim, Qottab, Quesito, etc.
    08-23-17 03:20 PM
    Quiche, Queijadinha, Qurabiya, Quindim, Qottab, Quesito, etc.
    Quesadilla for 10.0!
    TCL/Blackberry Spokesman Reportedly Confirms Android O for KEYone-landscape-1483660881-delish-ultimate-quesadilla-1.jpg
    08-23-17 08:47 PM
    Quesadilla for 10.0!
    Now I'm really hungry!
    megafan2000 likes this.
    08-24-17 10:02 AM
    Now where is that glass of milk....
    08-24-17 06:03 PM
    Ludes man.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 10-14-17 at 09:07 AM. Reason: gift infraction pass
    10-14-17 08:46 AM
43 12