Has anyone mastered Tasker on their Keyone yet? Any cool automations or profiles made please share. I'm curious about the capabilities of this app and potential.
    07-06-17 11:17 PM
    I'd suggest using Automagic (not Automate!) instead. I was a Tasker user from the beginning but managing more complex tasks got a mess. With Automagic you have the same possibilities (it can even use Tasker plugins) but your "tasks" look like a flowchart.

I've done things like periodically checking the train schedule and alert me when to leave work to catch the commute home; after turning off my alarm clock in the morning, check whether it's going to rain this day and speak the weather report to me (keep quiet on sunny days); and simple things like launching the specific app when my 360 camera connects to my phone.
    The_Passporter and gqmovement like this.
    07-07-17 07:02 AM
    I'd suggest using Automagic (not Automate!) instead. I was a Tasker user from the beginning but managing more complex tasks got a mess. With Automagic you have the same possibilities (it can even use Tasker plugins) but your "tasks" look like a flowchart.

I've done things like periodically checking the train schedule and alert me when to leave work to catch the commute home; after turning off my alarm clock in the morning, check whether it's going to rain this day and speak the weather report to me (keep quiet on sunny days); and simple things like launching the specific app when my 360 camera connects to my phone.
    Thanks!
    07-07-17 12:25 PM
    I'd suggest using Automagic (not Automate!) instead.
    What's wrong with Automate? I'm currently trying it out and it works pretty easily and well so far.
    07-07-17 12:36 PM
    What's wrong with Automate? I'm currently trying it out and it works pretty easily and well so far.
    Automate has a few limitations in terms of loops with conditions. Once you try to make complex tasks, you'll find some show stoppers. Also since you can't make a script block with multiple commands, simple things like assigning multiple values to multiple variables get messy. And you can't easily use global variables.

EDIT:
    Here's the original task I made in Tasker:
    Tasker App and the Keyone?!-screenshot_2016-03-22-21-35-30.jpgTasker App and the Keyone?!-screenshot_2016-03-22-21-42-08.jpg

This is what it looks like in Automagic:
    Tasker App and the Keyone?!-screenshot_2016-03-22-21-40-16.jpg

And this is what it looks like in Automate:
    Tasker App and the Keyone?!-screenshot_2016-03-22-21-39-59.jpg

(As said before: multiple variable assignments can be condensed into one "Script" line in Tasker and one "Script" object in Automagic. But Automate has the philosophy of "one block per action" so you have to have multiple blocks for moving the data around.)
    Last edited by mbirth; 07-20-17 at 10:30 AM.
    07-07-17 01:17 PM
    Any of you here can make a tone sound on every key press? Like the old BB's! I like hearing the tick tick when I type!
    07-08-17 03:15 AM
    Been using greenify and works like a charm!
    07-08-17 04:50 AM
    Has anyone mastered Tasker on their Keyone yet? Any cool automations or profiles made please share. I'm curious about the capabilities of this app and potential.
    I've been using Tasker for about 4 years now, on various Android devices. What would you like to know?

It's important to note that some of the better Tasker features require root. Things like toggling data and scheduling reboots. All tasks that contain shell commands also need root.
    07-10-17 01:17 AM

It's important to note that some of the better Tasker features require root. Things like toggling data and scheduling reboots. All tasks that contain shell commands also need root.
    Yeah, root, this is an annoying limitation that all apps of this type appear to have.
    07-10-17 07:56 AM
    I want to get keynotes while typing. Im assuming it requires a Tasker thing to play a small sound file like a tin or something if any key is pressed. Cant do it myself so if anyone can help it'll be great! Ty
    07-11-17 08:58 AM
    Question, can Tasker (or similar) together with Asus file manager be used as a backup software?

I still have my Classic otherwise I would try it myself.

Waiting for K1 rev.1
    07-11-17 11:59 PM
    Question, can Tasker (or similar) together with Asus file manager be used as a backup software?
    Not really, you can backup basic documents and pics but not any app data you may have entered. Root is required to do any worth while backup.
    07-12-17 06:36 AM
    I've been using Tasker for about 4 years now, on various Android devices. What would you like to know?

Hey cribble2k. I've been trying to set up tasker to automatically kick on location services whenever I launch the maps app but get this error. Can this be done without root? And yes I already paid for the app lol.

Tasker App and the Keyone?!-screenshot_20170721-155220.png
    07-21-17 05:54 PM