In reference to the WiFi calling: my AT&T device doesn't have this feature. However, the phone has the capabilities (so I have been told). I anticipate WiFi calling will be present with a software update in the future.
    Isn't it to AT&T's advantage to enable WiFi calling because it improves the service levels for their cellular service?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    jweihrauch likes this.
    09-07-17 08:39 AM
    Isn't it to AT&T's advantage to enable WiFi calling because it improves the service levels for their cellular service?

I have stopped assuming anything with AT&T. I do believe their service is the best and have used them for years, I still question some of the things they choose to do.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-07-17 08:44 AM
    Typical AT&T. Verizon just completed certification of the K1 and it will be interesting to see if they now enable WiFi calling like they did with the Pixel.
    09-07-17 08:46 AM
    I have stopped assuming anything with AT&T. I do believe their service is the best and have used them for years, I still question some of the things they choose to do.
    I could say I'm happy with AT&T, but that would be like saying I'm happy with a ransomware attack because the hacker provided a great customer service experience after I paid him to unencrypt my data.

My goal is to eventually move to a minimum data plan with the cheapest provider I can find and use WiFi for 90% of my work, including VoIP. Carriers' value proposition is increasingly weak.

09-07-17 09:01 AM
    Typical AT&T. Verizon just completed certification of the K1 and it will be interesting to see if they now enable WiFi calling like they did with the Pixel.
    I doubt it unless they sell the KEYone as carrier device like AT&T. Even then.....
    09-07-17 09:07 AM
    Got mine today ! Fedex delivered as scheduled. Man cannot wait to fire this baby up. Will post my review in the got my keyone thread later.
    09-07-17 11:43 AM
    Just received my KEYone's today.

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    Tim-ANC, Johberry, dpgx81 and 1 others like this.
    09-07-17 11:54 AM
    I must say I'm rather impressed with the K1 thus far. This is my first run with a gooberry and my expectations were not high. The HUB seems to work as well as BB10. Speaking of goo, I have de-googled it per the discussion in this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...esome-1114355/

Form is small but pleasant. The app icons remind of BBOS6 and the keyboard reminds my Torch 9800 which was my second ever favorite form behind Passport.
    dpgx81 and joewoo like this.
    09-07-17 12:30 PM
    I also had had a Passport in a previous life and was shocked at the size difference. Some of the videos make it look a lot larger than it really is, should fit nicely in my pocket though.
    09-07-17 12:33 PM
    I must say I'm rather impressed with the K1 thus far. This is my first run with a gooberry and my expectations were not high. The HUB seems to work as well as BB10. Speaking of goo, I have de-googled it per the discussion in this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...esome-1114355/

Form is small but pleasant. The app icons remind of BBOS6 and the keyboard reminds my Torch 9800 which was my second ever favorite form behind Passport.
    I'm going to micromanage permissions for Google Apps, but I'm not going to remove Google Play, as the #1 reason I'm switching to GooBerry is to use Signal for a client who also has a Google Play managed EMM solution.

So, I need to stay on the Google Grid, professionally, if not personally.

09-07-17 12:41 PM
    I also had had a Passport in a previous life and was shocked at the size difference. Some of the videos make it look a lot larger than it really is, should fit nicely in my pocket though.
    If you wear Carhartt pants or the like, it fits fabulous in the right side thigh pocket.
    dpgx81 likes this.
    09-07-17 12:51 PM
    My reaction was the opposite. Coming from a Classic, the KEYone is huge in comparison. Even using the phone without a case, the phone still feels quite large for me. I've had it for over three months now and I'm still not used to the size but am pleased overall with the phone as it is my first Android device. Can't wait to get the ATT Space Black version... should be delivered to my house later today. I wish I had it delivered to my workplace like some of you did. Cheers.
    09-07-17 01:00 PM
    Just wanted to say "thank you" for this thread. This waiting room has been such a great outlet. Finally got the new device in my hands an hour ago.
    jamesharmeling and Tim-ANC like this.
    09-07-17 06:59 PM
    Just wanted to say "thank you" for this thread. This waiting room has been such a great outlet. Finally got the new device in my hands an hour ago.
    You're welcome! I needed it, so I started it, and I'm thrilled so many people have participated.

09-07-17 07:23 PM

Is this your first gooberry? BBAndroid? Did you try it first before de-googling?
    09-07-17 10:03 PM
    WTF? What a massive FAIL. Can someone with an AT&T branded K1 confirm if this is the case?
    Same as the s7 and iPhone 6s on initial release. Both received an update to enable. The AT&T K1 is using hd voice (volte) which is just voip over the data channel and it has nougat. There will be an update to enable. It's only been 6 days.
    09-07-17 11:19 PM
    Same as the s7 and iPhone 6s on initial release. Both received an update to enable. The AT&T K1 is using hd voice (volte) which is just voip over the data channel and it has nougat. There will be an update to enable. It's only been 6 days.
    I sure hope that you are correct.
    09-07-17 11:24 PM
    AT&T removed all bloatware, enabled volte hd voice out of the box, has been on top of security patches for well over a year and has enough inventory to meet demand. Yet all we can do is demand wifi calling? It's coming - trust me. Once it's been delivered we'll get the AT&T is so slow with Oreo update.

Be happy! You've got a killer device - all black for $50 less than Amazon or Best Buy.
    09-07-17 11:26 PM
    AT&T removed all bloatware, enabled volte hd voice out of the box, has been on top of security patches for well over a year and has enough inventory to meet demand. Yet all we can do is demand wifi calling? It's coming - trust me. Once it's been delivered we'll get the AT&T is so slow with Oreo update.

Be happy! You've got a killer device - all black for $50 less than Amazon or Best Buy.
    I could care less about about Oreo, Nougat runs just fine. Carriers always rebuttal with "we only support WiFi calling on our carrier branded devices". Obviously this is not the case with the K1. Every other carrier device I've ever purchased recently had this feature. Although it may not be important to you it's very important to me. Finally, I don't give 2 💩 about the $50 savings if it doesn't have an important feature that's relevant to me.
    Marcjcd likes this.
    09-07-17 11:33 PM
    Ordered AT&T K1 last Friday 1 Sep, notified by email a few hours later that order was processing with an order number, then an email shortly after to call a toll free number to enter more information for the order. Called on Saturday, spent 2 hours with 2 reps and finally cancelled the order that would not process...was kicked to a supervisor to reenter upgrade eligibility in 48-72 hours over the Labor Day weekend. Was called on Tuesday morning saying that the original order was now cancelled and that I could reorder...did so immediately...quickly received a new order number and FedEx tracking information and the K1 was delivered 24 hours later with a promise of 2-4 days shipping! It's better than advertised and transferring from a Priv was very easy. K1 with 7.1.1 OS is smooth, snappy, feels great naked, and also ordered the Seidio Surface case and holster, which really protects the K1 with 2 layers of rubber and plastic. AT&T was slow at first, but did their best to recover and overall very pleased with the K1. Took it to an AT&T store today to ensure that it was registered on the network properly...came with a new sim card that did not work (was not registered), but the Priv sim card worked fine in the K1 and all registration info switched automatically. Used Google Drive option for all data transfer. AT&T store employees were impressed and wished that they had some in the store as an option instead of the Samsung and Apple phablets, and quietly acknowledged that they still like/miss the BB PKB.
    jamesharmeling and Tim-ANC like this.
    09-07-17 11:45 PM
    Best blackberry ever. Awesome keyboard, hub, google apps, battery life, snappy OS.... they really outdid themselves this time. This is what I wanted when the q10 and classic came out. They finally got it right.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-08-17 12:47 AM
    Dtek says device is not a BlackBerry Device and operating system is compromised on my AT&T KeyOne out of the box.
    09-08-17 06:17 AM
    Dtek says device is not a BlackBerry Device and operating system is compromised on my AT&T KeyOne out of the box.
    Now THAT is interesting.

09-08-17 06:55 AM
    I could care less about about Oreo, Nougat runs just fine. Carriers always rebuttal with "we only support WiFi calling on our carrier branded devices". Obviously this is not the case with the K1. Every other carrier device I've ever purchased recently had this feature. Although it may not be important to you it's very important to me. Finally, I don't give 2 about the $50 savings if it doesn't have an important feature that's relevant to me.
    Then att is not the provider for you
    09-08-17 07:04 AM
    Then att is not the provider for you
    Or just wait, because it may well come soon with an update.

09-08-17 07:38 AM
396 ... 13141516