Sadly, I've had to retire my AT&T 3/32 KEYone due to low storage and more importantly, lack of WFC even though a carrier sold and supported device. It's been a good run though.

I still do have my Black Edition 4/64 KEYone but it's only an emergency device. Even on T-MOBILE, I can't get WFC enabled. My iPhone XR with eSIM has become my virtual dual carry phone.
    09-05-19 06:05 AM
    Could somebody adjust my thread heading. not an emergency. Just shows caffeine is necessary food group...
    09-05-19 06:07 AM
    That one of the main reasons why I did not go with the Key2. On top of it not having Wi-Fi calling, that means that it does not have HD voice either.

Makes a huge difference for me now that I have those features and could not go back to a phone that doesn't.
    09-05-19 06:48 AM
    I wish I could understand the need for WFC... I have an OG silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ and have FOUR methods of calling on wifi, and I do so with ATT as well as Proximus.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 09-05-19 at 11:53 AM.
    09-05-19 09:50 AM
    I wish I could understand the need for WFC... I have an OG silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ and have FOUR methods of calling on wifi, and I do so with ATT as well as Proximus.
    I use Femto mini-tower in my residence for almost ten years now. I'm on third and last one per AT&T warranty coverage. AT&T no longer sells and soon will no longer support.
    09-05-19 12:41 PM
    Could somebody adjust my thread heading. not an emergency. Just shows caffeine is necessary food group...
    Why? That title alone is why I looked in.

09-05-19 01:36 PM
    I use Femto mini-tower in my residence for almost ten years now. I'm on third and last one per AT&T warranty coverage. AT&T no longer sells and soon will no longer support.
    I have an AT&T MicroCell furnished by AT&T free of charge for years and years now because my signal during Tower reassignment to higher-level Signal of lesser power went from 5 bars at my home down to essentially zero and AT&T stepped up after being asked and provided me with the AT&T branded femtocell device with no monthly charge or other problem. But that only works at the house. So I also subscribe for search Wi-Fi calling or even over-the-air calling to something many have not heard of, phonepower.com. There is a non-listed two-year deal where you get it for somewhere between 7 and $8 a month. I have it because it affords me also 60 Minutes free calling outside the United States bi-directionally and also very cheap rates which boiled down to a few dollars an hour as opposed to a few dollars a minute to about 50 or more countries. The modem for that attaches through your router ethernet and when you are not at that location that modem does not even need to be powered. They're free sip app is highly functional, available for Windows as well as Android and I assume iPhone, and works like a charm. It even contains full record-keeping characteristics, receives fax Transmissions, and has full voice call recording. The thing is great and worth every penny. Customer service is excellent and Technical Support is US based. Disclaimer : I have no affiliation with this company other than my personal experience.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 09-06-19 at 11:29 AM.
    09-05-19 06:04 PM
    I have an AT&T MicroCell furnished by AT&T free of charge for years and years now because my signal during Tower reassignment to higher-level Signal of lesser power went from 5 bars at my home down to essentially zero and AT&T stepped up after being asked and provided me with the AT&T branded femtocell device with no monthly charge or other problem. But that only works at the house. So I also subscribe for search Wi-Fi calling or even over-the-air calling to something many have not heard of, phone power.com. There is a non-listed two-year deal where you get it for somewhere between 7 and $8 a month. I have it because it affords me also 60 Minutes free calling outside the United States bi-directionally and also very cheap rates which boiled down to a few dollars an hour as opposed to a few dollars a minute to about 50 or more countries. The modem for that attaches through your router ethernet and when you are not at that location that modem does not even need to be powered. They're free sip app is highly functional, available for Windows as well as Android and I assume iPhone, and works like a charm. It even contains full record-keeping characteristics, receives fax Transmissions, and has full voice call recording. The thing is great and worth every penny. Customer service is excellent and Technical Support is US based. Disclaimer : I have no affiliation with this company other than my personal experience.
    I have the same branded AT&T Micro you have. Unfortunately, I've killed two and I'm on third. At some point, the service cost money with free device and then free service but I had to pay for device. Third unit provided free of charge last year but for customer retention because AT&T KEYone sold to me as WFC supported when obviously not. Sales ended 12/31/2017 and support ends 12/31/2019 unless extended like BB10 to "into 2020" or thing break whichever comes first.

I'll check out the other strategies mentioned. Thanks for all the ideas.
    09-05-19 06:14 PM
    This will be my last BB...moving on like the rest.
    09-05-19 08:52 PM
    Digits and Wi-Fi calling work flawless on any KeyOne device when on T-Mobile. If I swap my SIM here and there it makes using my S9 or Black Edition seamless. 😎👍
    09-05-19 11:23 PM
    I have the same branded AT&T Micro you have. Unfortunately, I've killed two and I'm on third. At some point, the service cost money with free device and then free service but I had to pay for device. Third unit provided free of charge last year but for customer retention because AT&T KEYone sold to me as WFC supported when obviously not. Sales ended 12/31/2017 and support ends 12/31/2019 unless extended like BB10 to "into 2020" or thing break whichever comes first.

I'll check out the other strategies mentioned. Thanks for all the ideas.
    This is my fourth, all free. The latest being a NEW model because they made a major change in design... the first three were gray color and all failed... the last is black in color and is reliable, reconnects on power outage with aplomb, and has not required replacement. TMo and VZW signal at my home are weak to none, so this is the best alternative.
    09-06-19 11:36 AM
    Phonepower.com is a full featured wifi calling VOIP and I use it internationally all the time. there is absolutely no reason it could not work as my entire USA call base and while on cell it works via SIP to either signal or wifi. If dropping ATT altogether, one could get a low cost provider for cell calls outside free wifi areas.
    09-06-19 11:41 AM