I keep coming back to my KeyOne because I remain hopeful that it will finally be the only device I carry. The one thing I can't adapt to however is the horrid reception problems I have with the phone. I routinely have dropped calls, as many as 3 or 4 within minutes of each other and have noticed a "No Signal" condition at and around my office in Downtown Denver. I have no problems like this with any of my other unlocked BlackBerry devices on AT&T. No matter how good the device may be in other areas having service is the number one priority. I can't tell if this is a hardware issue or if this is an issue that will someday be corrected via an update. Guess I'll have to keep switching back and forth, unless of course it can be confirmed as a hardware issue at which time it stays in the drawer with all the other retired devices.

Anyone else on AT&T with this bad of reception?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-17 11:45 PM
    I keep coming back to my KeyOne because I remain hopeful that it will finally be the only device I carry. The one thing I can't adapt to however is the horrid reception problems I have with the phone. I routinely have dropped calls, as many as 3 or 4 within minutes of each other and have noticed a "No Signal" condition at and around my office in Downtown Denver. I have no problems like this with any of my other unlocked BlackBerry devices on AT&T. No matter how good the device may be in other areas having service is the number one priority. I can't tell if this is a hardware issue or if this is an issue that will someday be corrected via an update. Guess I'll have to keep switching back and forth, unless of course it can be confirmed as a hardware issue at which time it stays in the drawer with all the other retired devices.

Posted via CB10
    There are a few threads on reception problems. There's even one with a video showing issues if the phone is used without a case and signal/reception varies by where the hand is placed on the bottom left/right of the screen.
    08-15-17 01:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've been back in Denver for a little over two weeks using a KEYone. Two things I'd like to point out. Firstly, Denver has abysmal network speed and reception across all carriers. The results may shock you. Won't take must research to find that information (wish I had links to help you out). Secondly, as the poster above mentioned, numerous threads in this forum point to the antenna (s) as being inadequate.

I'm Downtown every single day and have yet to experience a dropped call (I'm also on AT&T). Your experience is very different than mine. And my experience is very different than the Video on this forum showing some very weird behavior by touching certain parts of the phone. I tried to replicate what I saw in the video to no avail.

I have a place in Lone Tree. Tonight the power was out for an hour or so due to the weather. So consequently I had no Wi-Fi. I ran a speed test because my phone was super slow while connected to the network. The results were telling.

Is it the phone? The network? I'm more inclined to believe it's the network. Your issue may be more hardware related. Give TCL a try and have them send you a new device. You may have a faulty unit.

Either way I hope you find the remedy and can begin to enjoy this wonderful device. Good luck.
    Last edited by j21jam6; 08-15-17 at 03:43 AM.
    08-15-17 02:07 AM
    I had the phone twice both had different issues and won't purchase again. But I can tell you that swapping my sim from a android phone to the keyone worked great same reception as all my other devices. I learned my lesson on purchasing devices that att doesn't carry its not worth it period.
    08-15-17 06:57 AM
    I had the same problem on two KeyOnes in Cleveland. Cleveland is rated as having the best cell reception in America other than Indy. When the phone was placing calls from LTE is was working great. That all changed when the June update came out. The phone started dropping to HSPA when making calls. That is an old network, and I was dropping calls where I did before LTE was launched. I repeatedly called BlackBerry Mobile to get answers and all they ever did was send emails that my ticket was closed without explanation.
    08-15-17 08:11 AM
    I'm not experiencing any of these signal issues people are reporting. I'm on AT&T as well and had to make sure I was connecting to the proper APN settings. Did you check to see if those settings are setup properly. Also, I made sure my IMEI was updated on my account as well. At first launch AT&T didnt recognize the IMEI but now they see it as a LTE Smartphone which may make a different with service.
    08-15-17 09:45 AM
    look like denver might have some unique challenges for ATT... not sure how much coverage they have specifically for LTE... I guess all depend upon how close you are with the cell tower...
    Best cell phone service in Denver? T-Mobile, Verizon rate highest in new 2017 report
    08-15-17 11:04 AM
    After the June update he can't make calls on LTE. The phone forces it to HSPA so it really doesn't matter what the LTE coverage is as far as phone calls go.
    08-15-17 12:03 PM
    Yep, the June update taking away VOLTE was a step in the wrong direction. My signal is decent, but worse then my other phones in the same areas.
    08-15-17 12:33 PM
    If I am understanding things correctly it sounds as if this is a potential update issue? If so, maybe it gets corrected in the August or September and update? May be better to wait then to send it in as a potential defective device?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 02:21 PM
    If I am understanding things correctly it sounds as if this is a potential update issue? If so, maybe it gets corrected in the August or September and update? May be better to wait then to send it in as a potential defective device?

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you're right. I really hope things work out for you with the KEYone.
    08-15-17 05:11 PM
    VOLTE or AT&T HD Voice never works on non carrier devices and has never worked on the K1. The option may have been there in earlier software versions but it never worked. If the carrier supports it then the option will be available. The June update most likely hid the feature if the carrier doesn't support it.
    08-15-17 05:35 PM
    It worked until June update. It wasn't just a menu thing. If you registered the phone in the system using a Priv IMEI you got VoLTE. That changed after the June update.
    08-15-17 06:59 PM
    It worked until June update. It wasn't just a menu thing. If you registered the phone in the system using a Priv IMEI you got VoLTE. That changed after the June update.
    Ah the spoofing thing. Well let's just say they caught on to that. Lol
    08-15-17 07:24 PM
    I may have reception issue resolved. I contacted AT&T and finally got a tech who knew a thing or two. I was told that the SIM card still acted as if it were in my iPhone and that there was a difference for an Android device. She reset it and so far I have not had the reception issues and it also fixed the visual Voicemail issue allowing me to set it up. it has only been 24 hours but so far so good!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-16-17 01:55 PM
    I may have reception issue resolved. I contacted AT&T and finally got a tech who knew a thing or two. I was told that the SIM card still acted as if it were in my iPhone and that there was a difference for an Android device. She reset it and so far I have not had the reception issues and it also fixed the visual Voicemail issue allowing me to set it up. it has only been 24 hours but so far so good!
    This is what I keep trying to tell people. If your IMEI and/sim is not registered properly then funky things can happen with service. I couldn't even get my voicemail to forward over to Google Voice until I updated my account with my device. Especially coming from an iPhone where the plans are different.
    08-16-17 06:02 PM