If carriers in the US don't pick up the Keyone lack of sales will hurt Blackberry, they should of made deals before they ever announced the device even if they lost a few dollars until sales picked up. Blackberry is now considered dead and they know that which is more reason to make the Keyone launch a well marketed one. Lose a little on this launch but get the name back out there for the next device I can see the comeback of the PKB.
    05-29-17 08:07 AM
    I am quite interested in finding out how the digits program works, too since I am on T-Mobile.
    I am part of the beta test group. I use it in 2 ways. I have my main phone number on my Samsung S8+. I also have a smartwatch, the S3 Frontier, which has its own phone number.

using Digits, i turned the phone number of my watch into the same phone number as my phone.

I also have an Android head unit in my Jeep, a Joying. I installed the Digits app on there, and I can make calls and text from the Android head unit in my Jeep (using the same phone number as my phone), instead of using the vehicles bluetooth
    05-29-17 08:23 AM
    If carriers in the US don't pick up the Keyone lack of sales will hurt Blackberry, they should of made deals before they ever announced the device even if they lost a few dollars until sales picked up. Blackberry is now considered dead and they know that which is more reason to make the Keyone launch a well marketed one. Lose a little on this launch but get the name back out there for the next device I can see the comeback of the PKB.
    Problem is... johnny does not want a comeback... he's already turned BBRY into a hedge fund.

For all intents and purposes, BlackBerry is no more.
    05-29-17 09:48 AM
    BlackBerry is not in the device business.

BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) is launching the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. They have a multi-device strategy.
    05-29-17 11:07 AM
    Problem is... johnny does not want a comeback...
    Chen and BlackBerry are not involved with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. They are too busy working on and enjoying the new rise of BlackBerry.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-29-17 11:10 AM
    Chen and BlackBerry are not involved with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. They are too busy working on and enjoying the new rise of BlackBerry.
    Well said.
    05-29-17 11:11 AM
    There should be a ROFL option.
    05-29-17 11:26 AM
    There should be a ROFL option.
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ticle35086714/
    05-29-17 11:46 AM
    There is nothing brilliant about having pockets full of money to invest buying other people's talent to achieve less than average market returns

Even the easier when it is someone else's money.
    05-29-17 12:07 PM
    There is nothing brilliant about having pockets full of money to invest buying other people's talent to achieve less than average market returns

Even the easier when it is someone else's money.
    What would it take to impress you? I ask seriously. When almost every analyst is bullish and praising the return to profitability and the incredible turnaround after the last f/s, you continue to be negative.
    05-29-17 12:14 PM
    No, because they only ever announce Samsung or Apple. They didn't even announce the Priv that I seen.
    I don't 100% doubt you just because I have seen for myself phones popping up in stores with no announcement. And I have also seen different phones in different stores.

Last week I was in my main store asking about the new car platform they launched and the manager told me they are no longer carrying HTC then a few days later I went to a different store a few miles away and they had the HTC 10 or whatever the latest one was and said they have not heard about discontinuation but it's the only one they carry. I'm sure t-mobile does the same thing most chain stores do and has different phones in different locations based on what is popular where.
    05-29-17 12:14 PM
    Problem is... johnny does not want a comeback... he's already turned BBRY into a hedge fund.

For all intents and purposes, BlackBerry is no more.
    You know nothing about the strategic direction of BlackBerry and where their current revenue is growing.
    Consider BlackBerry a 2.5 billion dollar start up. Do your research about QNX! Also BlackBerry Enterprise software.
    https://ca.blackberry.com/enterprise

BlackBerry now just licences out their name, software and support including security updates.
    They no longer are in the smartphone business unless it has something to with software on the phone itself.
    They are now 100% a software and services company. Everyone needs to understand this going forward.
    BlackBerry designed KEYone (their last phone ever) but didn't have anything to do with the manufacturing or distribution of it.
    05-29-17 12:28 PM
    I am part of the beta test group. I use it in 2 ways. I have my main phone number on my Samsung S8+. I also have a smartwatch, the S3 Frontier, which has its own phone number.

using Digits, i turned the phone number of my watch into the same phone number as my phone.

I also have an Android head unit in my Jeep, a Joying. I installed the Digits app on there, and I can make calls and text from the Android head unit in my Jeep (using the same phone number as my phone), instead of using the vehicles bluetooth
    That is very very cool. And scary too. Lol.
    05-29-17 02:12 PM
    You know nothing about the strategic direction of BlackBerry and where their current revenue is growing.
    Consider BlackBerry a 2.5 billion dollar start up. Do your research about QNX! Also BlackBerry Enterprise software.
    https://ca.blackberry.com/enterprise

BlackBerry now just licences out their name, software and support including security updates.
    They no longer are in the smartphone business unless it has something to with software on the phone itself.
    They are now 100% a software and services company. Everyone needs to understand this going forward.
    BlackBerry designed KEYone (their last phone ever) but didn't have anything to do with the manufacturing or distribution of it.
    No, software and services is what is left of conglomerate known as BlackBerry. They just downscaled and that's about it, that was the strategy but given the circumstances it's the best they could have done.

Point is that BlackBerry will never be as big as it once was. Not unless some proper people show up to lead the brand. When I say proper I mean people with intuition and sense for efficiency to change things and ability to sell their ideas to others. Nothing wrong with Chen, he is a brilliant bankruptcy salvage mode CEO and you have to start from somewhere.

There is no future at selling watered down partial enterprise security services or half-assed mobile workspaces. Reason why they rose to a power was cause they had it all locked down from Internet access to secure servers to front end software and dedicated hardware.
    06-01-17 10:58 AM
    No, software and services is what is left of conglomerate known as BlackBerry. They just downscaled and that's about it, that was the strategy but given the circumstances it's the best they could have done.

Point is that BlackBerry will never be as big as it once was. Not unless some proper people show up to lead the brand. When I say proper I mean people with intuition and sense for efficiency to change things and ability to sell their ideas to others. Nothing wrong with Chen, he is a brilliant bankruptcy salvage mode CEO and you have to start from somewhere.

There is no future at selling watered down partial enterprise security services or half-assed mobile workspaces. Reason why they rose to a power was cause they had it all locked down from Internet access to secure servers to front end software and dedicated hardware.
    Okay but maybe read from today.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/01/black...lyst-note.html
    06-01-17 11:01 AM

So will we get to buy phones years from now? BlackBerry phones
    06-01-17 11:28 AM
    So will we get to buy phones years from now? BlackBerry phones
    what does your T-Mobile manager buddy say now? i thought he had KEYone devcies coming
    06-01-17 12:37 PM
    what does your T-Mobile manager buddy say now? i thought he had KEYone devcies coming
    I haven't talked to him in a few days but after The Botch keyone launch that TCL pulled I don't think it's going to happen, hell there isn't any phones for T-Mobile to get LOL
    06-01-17 12:42 PM
    So Im talking with him now and this is what he's saying, now keep in mind me and him are talking about 2 phones, but you'll see what hes saying about the KEYone. ( I'm only sharing what hes telling me, so do NOT blame me if it doesn't happen) lol... I'm just the messenger.
    06-02-17 08:06 PM
    So Im talking with him now and this is what he's saying, now keep in mind me and him are talking about 2 phones, but you'll see what hes saying about the KEYone. ( I'm only sharing what hes telling me, so do NOT blame me if it doesn't happen) lol... I'm just the messenger. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...360241dbdf.jpg
    BS or not at least it's keeping me interested lol. Waiting to see if they get it so I can use my jump program instead of buying outright. Keep us in the loop!! And let us know if he flashes a T-Mobile branded one (should be on the chin under the keyboard)
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-02-17 08:15 PM
120 ... 345