I posted it but removed it because I didn't remove his name lol. It was on here though.
    I think I remember seeing that. I will be dropping by T-Mobile to see if they have it on or after the 24th.
    05-13-17 02:38 PM
    05-13-17 02:58 PM
    If you're into T-Mobile rumors/news, I'd keep an eye on tmonews.com

Those guys are usually pretty good at leaked pictures of internal memos, etc.

It's been a while since I've been excited about a new BlackBerry hitting T-Mobile

Posted via CB10
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-13-17 03:06 PM
    I think I saw that. On the other side of the coin I was in a store in Manhattan and the sales person was adamant the KEYone would not be sold by TMO. I think your posts are more accurate.
    Here it is again, just scratched his name out this time lol.
    05-13-17 03:23 PM
    Jeff Springer's review of the KEYone on Dopetechdaily.com says that wifi calling is working on T-Mobile for him.
    paperbackpiles likes this.
    05-15-17 01:28 PM
    I remember way back during the Blackberry Pearl days leading up to it's release I kept walking in and asking if they were getting it and they never said anything until about a week before it came out. For the Blackberry heads out there, you'd appreciate it. The line was about 20 deep in Chicago that morning it came out. Do you think they'll let US buyers know it's coming out in the next week or two or will there be no announcement leading up to May 31st?
    05-15-17 02:09 PM
    I remember way back during the Blackberry Pearl days leading up to it's release I kept walking in and asking if they were getting it and they never said anything until about a week before it came out. For the Blackberry heads out there, you'd appreciate it. The line was about 20 deep in Chicago that morning it came out. Do you think they'll let US buyers know it's coming out in the next week or two or will there be no announcement leading up to May 31st?
    They won't tell us anything before an official announcement is made.
    Like this:
    (At T-Mo Store) Me: Are you going to sell the BlackBerry KEYone this week?

Clueless clerk: I don't know. But let me show you the S8.
    05-15-17 05:19 PM
    Edit: Even if the KEYone is sold in stores, the Clueless Clerks will be as anti-BlackBerry as before, and try to turn customers away from buying the KEYone.
    05-15-17 05:29 PM
    Edit: Even if the KEYone is sold in stores, the Clueless Clerks will be as anti-BlackBerry as before, and try to turn customers away from buying the KEYone.
    Haha. Yup. I experience that all the time. They literally try to force feed Samsung phones down my throat.
    05-15-17 06:10 PM
    Man I hope you guys are right. I love t-mobile jump on demand and not sure if I want to leave it. My plan is perfect and grandfathered in before the more expensive unlimited everything plan but they have like 0 options currently besides glass phones that look like they'd break if you handle them wrong
    05-18-17 08:00 PM
    Understandable on advanced features. I don't use WiFi calling as I'm on unlimited minutes and I'm never in an area without service and wifi, but would love to have visual voicemail if available so I could stop using YouMail.

As far as being available via Verizon so that it could be bought in large numbers for an enterprise rollout, I see your point here as well. I'm crossing my fingers it is available through Verizon and not in the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year. I don't know anything that goes into getting a device carrier approved but I can't see why Verizon wouldn't want this device available to their customers. Seeing the device already having a CDMA variant I can't imagine it's too difficult to get the device on Verizon.

If Verizon is to allow an unlocked device on its network it will at least sell more devices than it wouldn't seeing the number of people on Verizon that want this device.
    I have unlimited Minutes on Verizon but both buildings I work in have crappy cell signal. WiFi calling is a life saver for me when I'm there
    05-18-17 08:23 PM
    You don't have to change your plan, but your JOD is in danger here.

I will never twist my business up with the carrier like that. It benefits ONLY the carrier, trust me. If they didn't gain from it, they wouldn't offer it.

It's been 35 years since we started buying phones for the home, instead of being tied up with some rental thing with the service provider (Ma Bell). Why don't we do the exact same thing with cell phones?

Just buy the phone, the same way you'd go to the store and buy a phone for your home. Connect it to the service, which is unrelated. Switch phones and service as your life moves around.

If you can't afford to acquire the phone without involving some cell carrier gymanstics and getting all tied up with them, then you can't afford the phone, PERIOD.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    05-18-17 08:24 PM
    If I'm switching phones every couple of months then why would I pay full price? I've never stuck with a phone longer than 6 months since like 2010 and now that I can turn one in and grab a new one while still paying the same monthly fee only benefits me as I'm not stuck paying the balance on a phone I don't need or paying full price and then letting it collect dust when I upgrade or trying to sell it at a loss.

I'm sure the phone company makes money off of plenty of plans but the JOD promotion was to pull in new customers which they did. They don't offer it any more as I doubt they could be benefitting off of people like me who have gone through 3 brand new flagships in a year and paid less than $400 in payments over that time
    05-18-17 08:30 PM
    If I'm switching phones every couple of months then why would I pay full price? I've never stuck with a phone longer than 6 months since like 2010 and now that I can turn one in and grab a new one while still paying the same monthly fee only benefits me as I'm not stuck paying the balance on a phone I don't need or paying full price and then letting it collect dust when I upgrade or trying to sell it at a loss.

I'm sure the phone company makes money off of plenty of plans but the JOD promotion was to pull in new customers which they did. They don't offer it any more as I doubt they could be benefitting off of people like me who have gone through 3 brand new flagships in a year and paid less than $400 in payments over that time
    Why not buy them out right and when your done just put them up in safe keepings? That's what I do anyway..
    05-18-17 08:58 PM
    Why not buy them out right and when your done just put them up in safe keepings? That's what I do anyway..
    Depends on the phone really... I have several bbOS and BB10 phones I kept and a few androids (G1 and note 2) but most are upgraded so often I don't see the need to keep them around unless they are truly special. I have a iPhone 7 plus now but the note 5, s7, note7(not by choice) iPhone 6s and g6 I gave back on the jump program I don't miss a single bit and it was a lot less hassle walking into the store, handing them the old phone, and walking out with a new one. Also worth it to keep the desk space in my office for something I enjoy more. I bought the priv when I was on the program because I loved it and it sits nicely on my desk. The program I feel helps me "test drive" instead of having to fully commit all at once.
    05-18-17 09:14 PM
    Just spoke with my buddy that's the Manager at the T-Mobile Store here in Oklahoma, he said that KEYone has been pushed back, then we're supposed to start selling it this month but it's going to be June, but that's just a week away. But will be in stores for display on the 29th as planned.
    05-22-17 06:11 PM
    Check this out just spoke with the seller on eBay and this is his reply
    05-22-17 07:20 PM
    I'm calling BS across the board here. BlackBerry Mobile has made it 110% clear the strategy is Enterprise Corporate first, Consumer market second.

Verizon and AT&T are the largest Enterprise Carriers in the US. My work device is on Verizon and the September upgrade Cycle includes iPhone 7, Galaxy S7, and KEYᵒⁿᵉ. And there is ZERO way my 13,000 employee organization is leaving Verizon.

May 31st the KEYᵒⁿᵉ will go on sale through direct full retail online purchase. US carriers that pick the device at the consumer level will be lucky to have devices in stop by the end of June. The only mention of any carrier surprisingly enough has been Sprint.

Follow the facts. Go to BlackBerry Mobiles website. The device will be available May 31st for order.

$549.00
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    05-22-17 11:44 PM
    If I'm switching phones every couple of months then why would I pay full price? I've never stuck with a phone longer than 6 months since like 2010 and now that I can turn one in and grab a new one while still paying the same monthly fee only benefits me
    No, it benefits only the carrier--because you're now stuck with that carrier, and they know it. They have you. You can't go anywhere. The carrier can do pretty much anything they want, and you have no choice but to follow along.
    05-23-17 05:51 AM
    No, it benefits only the carrier--because you're now stuck with that carrier, and they know it. They have you. You can't go anywhere. The carrier can do pretty much anything they want, and you have no choice but to follow along.
    You know T-Mobile doesn't do contracts right?

If I want to buy a phone outright I can at any time minus the balance I've already paid, but again I don't see the point when they are just outdated in a month.

Oh did I mention I get to keep all the accessories/promotional items too? I've actually made several hundred dollars selling memory cards, wireless charging pads, and VR helmets.

Keep telling yourself you are captain freedom for paying $800 for something that loses its value in a few short months but at least you can change service at any time!!!! How much do those sign on kits cost again? GTFO

Over the course of a year I've spent $1200 on phones AND service and I've owned a Note7, iPhone 6s Plus 64gb and iPhone 7 plus 32gb. If I was to buy JUST those phones it would cost over $2400
    05-23-17 07:43 AM
    You know T-Mobile doesn't do contracts right?
    But you're in a contract with T-Mobile. How can that be if they don't do contracts?

The world has come to recognize that T-Mobile (among others) has found a way to bind its customers into contracts while simultaneously proclaiming, "no contracts!".

So yes, the contracts of 10 years ago are gone--and have been replaced by other contracts.

You can't change carriers while you're in your contract.
    krzyabn likes this.
    05-23-17 11:39 AM
    But you're in a contract with T-Mobile. How can that be if they don't do contracts?

The world has come to recognize that T-Mobile (among others) has found a way to bind its customers into contracts while simultaneously proclaiming, "no contracts!".

So yes, the contracts of 10 years ago are gone--and have been replaced by other contracts.

You can't change carriers while you're in your contract.
    I'm not in a contract. I'm leasing phones which I can buy outright at any time. Almost all US carriers do this now, you are only on the hook for the phone.

But if you want to switch carriers They all offer a promotion to buy out what you owe from the previous carrier (that's how I left sprint for T-Mobile)
    05-23-17 08:17 PM
    I'm not in a contract.
    Au contraire. Your lease is in fact a contract. You are bound by mutually agreed-upon terms.

If you want to break the contract, you must abide by the terms--which means paying out a lump sum for the privilege.

This is no different than 10 years ago. You were in a contract--and if you wanted to break the contract, you paid out a lump sum for the privilege. Sound familiar?

10 years ago, the lump sum was called "early termination fee". Now, it's an...early termination fee.

The nature of the contract went away from phone service, and over to the phone itself. Regardless, it is a contract that ties you to the carrier.

So if you don't consider yourself to be under contract today, then you similarly weren't under contract 10 years ago.

Regardless, T-Mobile has found a way to put you in the same boat as they put people 10 years ago: they offer a way to do business with them, then tell you it will cost you a lump sum to stop doing business with them.

Surprise!
    krzyabn likes this.
    05-23-17 09:14 PM
    I am not on a contract. My last two phones were bought from ShopBlackBerry, and Best Buy.
    05-23-17 10:30 PM
    "I'm not on a contract", why do I hear this so much? Getting a phone from a carrier when you're not buying it in FULL is a contract.. Call it a lease, a tab.. Whatever. It's a contract..
    05-23-17 10:35 PM
120 12345