Such bs to go thru. Sounds like att and all us carrier's still suck unless you buy a branded phone from them.
    06-05-17 06:17 PM
    Finally switched my SIM from the Passport (unlocked OG) to the keyOne. Definitely agree that the LTE indicator is tiny.

For what it's worth, back when I got the OG Passport on launch day, I experienced the same problems as described in this thread.

Luckily I also had a used AT&T branded galaxy s4 active sitting around (got it to make a water resistant cat camera---don't ask).

As soon as I stuck the SIM card into the s4, it fired up LTE and verified I had decent service around where I lived. I put it back into the Passport and it started receiving LTE.
    06-05-17 07:25 PM
    AT&T does this on purpose as there are service areas without LTE, and this way you don't recognize the difference unless you look REAL closely.... Since they previously branded HSPA+ as "4g" they just put tiny "LTE" letters on it.....
    06-05-17 08:44 PM
    Well. Good news for me. I'm a moron. I looked through this thread again, and noticed someone mention how small the indicator was for LTE. Well giving into vanity and skipping the bifocals was a bad idea.

It's on LTE. The crappy service and speeds coupled with my moleman sight has been the main issue.

The nonsense response above though....

Sync
    I tell ya, it's like we're all blind not seeing that cuz it's microsmall. If I hadn't just had my Lasik done I'd have had that phone to my eyeballs to read it.
    06-06-17 01:38 AM
    AT&T does this on purpose as there are service areas without LTE, and this way you don't recognize the difference unless you look REAL closely.... Since they previously branded HSPA+ as "4g" they just put tiny "LTE" letters on it.....
    Actually on my Classic is had LTE and the blackberry symbol with nothing else. No 4G with LTE microletters like it currently does on the KeyOne.
    06-06-17 01:39 AM
    So the Keyone only does LTE speed, not 4GLTE? Or is it simply that the Keyone has no physical letters '4G' on screen?
    06-06-17 07:14 AM
    So the Keyone only does LTE speed, not 4GLTE? Or is it simply that the Keyone has no physical letters '4G' on screen?
    The latter, sort of. The symbols are under carrier control to a large degree (there's a set of them but which ones are used are carrier-specific.)

Some carriers (cough-AT&T-cough) prefer to "hide" the LTE status because they have built this mental mindset that "4G" is all the same in their customer base more-or-less (which is nonsense, but that's what they sold people for years.) Others are "heh, LTE is LTE, and it's different, so screw the 4G label just stick LTE out there."

I find the entire thing comical to a large degree (allowing carriers to control what the phone displays in this regard instead of the goal being for the operating system to provide the best possible set of information to the user) but it is what it is.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-06-17 07:46 AM
    My KEYone uses AT&T's service and it displays 4G LTE. The LTE is just very very small.
    06-06-17 07:54 AM
    For what it is worth... when I changed my APN protocal & APN roaming protocols from IPv4/IPv6 to just IPv4... my reception improved slightly.

With IPv4/IPv6... -117 dBm 23 asu
    With IPv4... -103 dBm 37 asu

It could just be a fluke... but I would be interested in knowing if others also see improvement.
    06-06-17 08:00 AM
    I just posted the following in another thread just an FYI: When I received my KEYone I just popped in my Sim card that was in my iPhone 7 and I was able to get LTE service however after a couple of days I called AT&T to let them know I was on a new device. After they noted this in the system and updated their settings I immediately lost Internet connectivity and LTE, after numerous calls with them they decided to just leave my settings setup as the iPhone and I was back to normal as soon as they did that. Not sure if that will help but that was my experience
    06-06-17 09:33 AM
    Actually on my Classic is had LTE and the blackberry symbol with nothing else. No 4G with LTE microletters like it currently does on the KeyOne.
    On all BlackBerry 10 phones on AT&T, that's what they've always done. "LTE" for LTE and "4G" for HSPA+. Same on the iPhone, BTW.

Android is the only place AT&T shows LTE is as "4G with a very tiny LTE under it", and HSPA+ is just "4G". My son's Galaxy S4 is the same way.

Joel
    ricecube likes this.
    06-06-17 09:38 AM
    I wonder if that's why I don't get LTE on my Dtek50? It's a new SIM that I got from the AT&T store, but was always in a factory unlocked phone.
    WAIT a minute!! I just took off my glasses and looked REALLY closely - - voilá -- there were the teeny tiny LTE letters. Thanks for pointing that out!! I wonder what else I'm missing!!
    06-06-17 09:47 AM
    I've been getting the 4G LTE symbol on my new KEYone while at home. I am using a sim from my previous 4G phone and when I booted the new KEYone I immediately got 4G service with the sim. I am currently traveling on business in Boston so I turned on my mobile hotspot to use my Surface. The Surface could not get internet access through the mobile hotspot. So, I used the APN settings on ATT's website and also tried the APN settings at https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1753...rry_keyone.php. My hotspot works great with both of these. However, when my hotspot is not turned on, I no longer see the 4G symbol on my phone. Any suggestions or ideas?
    06-12-17 05:05 PM
    I feel silly but I think I now realize that the 4G LTE symbol goes away while I am connected to wifi but not using the mobile hotspot. Turning on the hotspot makes the 4G symbol appear precisely because it disconnects from wifi. So, all is working fine. I hope this helps someone else.
    06-13-17 11:37 AM
    My reception sucks with my keyone. I am in Akron OH and I have AT&T. I've lost internet access and dropped calls in the middle of my city Was great with my passport.

Shame on them.
    06-13-17 12:59 PM
65 123