That sucks. I'm in AZ, with 2 100-1 K1's and they're both getting full LTE.
    06-02-17 10:31 AM
    That's a big explanation
    Sorry, had to take a phone call. This is not an issue where the device is faulty and needs to be returned as you said, this is a provisioning issue with the sim card.
    06-02-17 10:32 AM
    As mentioned above, you need to register the sim with at&t with an at&t branded phone capable of LTE, once it is activated on that phone, take the sim out and put it in your keynone and you will get LTE. Many including myself went through this with the Priv.
    "keynone" - funny regardless of whether or not it was intentional.
    Lobwedgephil likes this.
    06-02-17 10:33 AM
    Glad to know that there is still hope!
    06-02-17 10:33 AM
    So... if I were to put my SIM into my wife's AT&T purchased Samsung Galaxy S7 and then move it back to my device, it should do the trick?

After my two failed attempts with AT&T Chat Support... this is my next option.
    That's what Priv owners had to do a couple of years ago.
    06-02-17 11:01 AM
    Sorry but no. Will not do the trick. I have UK version of KEYone. And I have LTE. But I will be strait that the signal is not the same as I had on passport. I am getting disappointed.
    Anyway.
    I would try again with new Sim. I now it is new but could be defective.
    Just try one more time another Sim. If that doesn't work than device is bad.
    OMG, and Blackberry thinks this place should be their new tech support hub.

With bad advice like the above, I think they're crazy.
    06-02-17 11:04 AM
    In defense of the support hub... this isn't the support section, for the KEYone. My issue is also posted there.
    06-02-17 11:08 AM
    Well... I am sorry to say that this did not work for me. When my SIM was placed in my wife's AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7, it did not provision it to LTE (it was also limited to HSPA+). When returned to my device... no change.

I will add that when I replaced her SIM into her device, it immediately reported a LTE connection.
    06-02-17 04:19 PM
    Well... I am sorry to say that this did not work for me. When my SIM was placed in my wife's AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7, it did not provision it to LTE (it was also limited to HSPA+). When returned to my device... no change.

I will add that when I replaced her SIM into her device, it immediately reported a LTE connection.
    What if you put your wife's sim in the KEYone, do you get LTE
    06-02-17 04:22 PM

Write down your wife's imei number, call at&t and say you are switching phones with your wife but your SIM card won't get you LTE in the S7, have them provision your SIM card in her phone, after that it will get LTE in her phone and then in your KeyOne when you switch it back.
    06-02-17 04:22 PM
    Okay, so I spoke with ATT today to move my insurance over to my keyone. When he punched it in he said it came up as a non LTE device based on my IEMI number. He said that I was getting LTE because it has the old IEMI number on it still so he wasn't going to change it yet. Apparently the manufactory sends out ranges for new phones to the providers and they process them and they get added to a master list and this has not happened for ATT yet. He checked and said nothing is showing yet so that is why you may not be getting LTE. So if you had an ATT Sim in a different phone and just moved it over you will have LTE but if it's a new Sim you will not until the master IMEI list gets processed
    06-03-17 10:56 AM
    Thats sucks. So their exlanation is TCL is late to provide mobile codes?
    06-03-17 11:00 AM
    he seemed to think they didn't process it yet and not really an issue on TCL. it apparently can take some time and I am guessing with the wacky release schedule things in the US seem up in the air on time frames
    06-03-17 11:28 AM
    I haven't been able to get above 4G either in the USA. I'm not sure what to try.
    06-03-17 01:12 PM
    Okay, so I spoke with ATT today to move my insurance over to my keyone. When he punched it in he said it came up as a non LTE device based on my IEMI number. He said that I was getting LTE because it has the old IEMI number on it still so he wasn't going to change it yet. Apparently the manufactory sends out ranges for new phones to the providers and they process them and they get added to a master list and this has not happened for ATT yet. He checked and said nothing is showing yet so that is why you may not be getting LTE. So if you had an ATT Sim in a different phone and just moved it over you will have LTE but if it's a new Sim you will not until the master IMEI list gets processed
    This makes me feel better. The gentleman (Joe), at my local AT&T store, was quite knowledgeable and tried just about everything that we could think of. In the end, spoofing my wife's IMEI worked... but only for less than a day.

I will sit tight and wait for the update.

Thank you for this information!

CORRECTION : I do still have LTE service. It's hard to see those little letters!
    Last edited by mrhobbsworth; 06-03-17 at 04:57 PM.
    06-03-17 01:31 PM
    Thats sucks. So their exlanation is TCL is late to provide mobile codes?
    No. The AT&T guy was incomplete.

What AT&T does is, they put AT&T-branded phones into their database. They don't put just ANY or EVERY phone ever built into their database.

The K1 is factory unlocked. It's not AT&T-branded. Therefore, it will NEVER get into AT&T's database by default.

That's not how business works. AT&T has exactly ZERO reason to take some random list from TCL and put IMEI numbers into the AT&T database.

What AT&T wants to do is sell phones. And now they have a talk track for their reps: "if you don't buy from us, you won't get the full AT&T experience. Buy from us, and you will--plus we can put you on these handy finance plans! See how cheap it is to buy a phone from us???"

This isn't TCL being lazy or late. You so badly want to blame everybody but AT&T, you're imagining things.

This was hashed out to death during the Priv launch. Nobody here is making things up.
    06-03-17 02:06 PM
    Hey everyone,
    I just visited an ATT store in person. They put in the IMEI # from my Q10, and my KeyOne now gets LTE. Problem solved!

Doing the SIM switch with another ATT LTE SIM did NOT work.
    06-03-17 02:44 PM
    I checked with him again and he assured me that it is not just ATT IEMI numbers they enter. he said that a range Is made by the manufacture and when they are processed the IEMI numer for my unlocked phone will get LTE nothing to buy they seem happy just providing me a plan and insurance. I asked if I needed to call back later he said no he has the new IEMI number and it will switch in once ot available so I don't lose my LTE in between
    06-03-17 04:50 PM
    This was hashed out to death during the Priv launch. Nobody here is making things up.
    And to add to it.. it happened with the Passport as well..

https://crackberry.com/no-lte-your-b...res-how-fix-it
    06-04-17 01:00 AM
    This makes me feel better. The gentleman (Joe), at my local AT&T store, was quite knowledgeable and tried just about everything that we could think of. In the end, spoofing my wife's IMEI worked... but only for less than a day.

I will sit tight and wait for the update.

Thank you for this information!

CORRECTION : I do still have LTE service. It's hard to see those little letters!
    Its like you need a magnifying glass to see them. I had LTE on day one but then i pulled my sim from my classic and popped it in the keyone.
    06-04-17 06:35 AM
    I was coming from a 9780, so needed a new sim. No LTE. Took my att branded priv into the store, had that activated with a new sim, then put that sim into keyone. LTE works fine now.
    06-04-17 01:18 PM
    Greetings, all...

I received my KEYone (BBB100-1), yesterday, and went to my local AT&T store to get a SIM for it. All is good... except that it is not connecting to the LTE network. When I reference the SIM Status, it reports that it is only connecting to the HSPA+ network.

I have already confirmed that the 'Preferred Network Type' setting is set to include LTE.

Thoughts on what I could try?
    I replied to the basic message here, don't post much on forums.

I'm having an issue with AT&T LTE connectivity with an unlocked KeyOne. I made another post about this issue before and Blaze was helpful and told me that I needed to ping AT&T. Unfortunately, this has been a nightmare. I spoke to a regular service rep with web chat on Friday note, who opened a new case with network people, followed up today, was passed on to advanced support, then their manager. Their conclusion is that since my phone does not support HD voice it will not support LTE. I've had no issue with unlocked phones, which I use almost exclusively, including a passport? Should I possibly try a new SIM? I have a broken Priv I might be able to have the IMEI cloned/etc. Should I hit a store instead? Here is the transcript between advanced support and manager. Please excuse the snootiness and any ignorance on my part

-- transcript
    Amee: I understand this has been a roller coaster, and I sincerely apologize about that. I want to make sure I am giving you the most accurate info, because I don't want to keep you going in circles. With unlocked devices we are unable to provision HD voice, because that can only be done on AT&T branded devices. HD voice is required for LTE to work on the devices.

Amee: If you would like we can go over some options for upgrades, to be able to get LTE
    Brian: I've had no issue with LTE service on the two previous unlocked phones I've used.

Amee: With unlocked devices, we cannot guarantee any type of service to work perfectly on the devices, since it was not manufactured for AT&T

Brian: So, you're basically saying there's nothing you can do?

Brian: I'm not buying a new device.

Brian: from AT&T

Brian: When I can see other users are using the same device on your Network.

Amee: No problem, it was just an option. Our network engineers that completed case, have stated that the device is not guaranteed to work on LTE. I apologize about that. I see that they also sent an email to the gmail email that was put on the case.
    Brian: I don't have an email from them, I have checked my spam and trash folder. The other rep told me they wouldn't be able to get to it till the 10th. Could you please paste the contents of that email?

Amee: Sure, one moment

Amee: Case Status: Closed

Notification Format: Email

Notification Sent To: [email protected]
    Communication Contents: At this time, unlocked devices are not compatible with our HD Voice feature, only specific AT&T certified devices (and certain unlocked iPhones). I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.The customer is using a non-certified BYOD which is not compatible with HD Voice (see the Compatible Handsets info

Brian: I'm not asking about HD voice

Brian: I'm asking about basic LTE

Brian: That note differs from what you just told me, you stated HD voice was required for LTE to work, their email does not indicate that.

Amee: Yes, in order to have LTE, HD voice needs to be provisioned, it cannot be provisioned on an unlocked phone.

Amee: The customer is using a non-certified BYOD which is not compatible with HD Voice
    Brian: I've never had HD voice supported, and I've used it with unlocked devices.

Brian: They didn't state that was the issue with basic LTE, so they provided me with an incomplete answer? Either way, it doesn't seem like anyone is going to help me. I'll just look at moving to another carrier than that can support unlocked phones.

Amee: I would like to get you connected with customer loyalty to see what other options they offer, one moment please, Brian.

Brian: The only options is getting this phone working, what you've said is absolutely incorrect, I have used unlocked phones with AT&T for years.

Brian: I'm not interested in any offers.

Brian: I won't waste any more of your time.

Amee: Would you like to speak with my manager?

Brian: Yes.

Amee: One moment

Amee has left the chat

You are being transferred, please hold...

Agent Daniella enters chat

Daniella: Hi! My name is Daniella, I am the Lead Supervisor in the AT&T Advanced Tech Chat
    team. Bear with me just a moment while I get caught up on the previous chat

Brian: Roger that.

Daniella: Amee did let me know that you are using an unlocked device, and are unsatisfied with the unlocked device not providing LTE service, correct?

Brian: Yes. I have used unlocked devices almost exclusively the last year. The Motorola Z for the last few months, and the HP Elite X3 before then, I have used at least 4 other unlocked phones on AT&T since I've been a customer, and I've never had an issue with LTE. Please allow me to recap the issues because I'm sure the notes are not entirely correct based on the number of people I've been passed off to.

Daniella: Alright.

Brian: I purchased a Blackberry KeyONE on May 31st, an unlocked device with LTE support in the correct bands. Other users have been able to use the service, with only one other user I've been able to find having difficulty.

Brian: Voice works great.

Brian: 4G data works great.

Brian: No network issues beyond no LTE.

Brian: I have verified the APN settings.

Brian: I have tried in different service areas.

Brian: The first representitve tried to do something with my IMEI and SIM card number, with no luck, and the help of his manager.

Brian: They created a case for the network folks, that response was about HD voice support though, not LTE.

Brian: The advanced support I spoke to said HD voice was required for LTE support, which I know is not true from my previous unlocked phones non-support of HD voice support (I know HD voice support is very limited and dependent on your direct support).

Brian: That's where I am. I can understand if this has to do with IMEI, databases, etc since this is a new phone, but the responses I've been given are inconsistent.

Brian: Other users have had success by activating a SIM on an AT&T branded blackberry device (such as a priv) and then moving the sim over. I tried my SIM on a non-blackberry AT&T device and I get LTE.

Brian: ok I'm done for now

Daniella: I understand, thank you for that information. I apologize about the run around. I understand you were not aware HD voice is needed, however it is true that HD voice is needed for LTE to work. HD voice is currently not compatible with the Blackberry KeyONE. The case was filed correctly to get you provisioned for LTE and out network engineers replied directly, and stated that fact as well. There is no way for us to force a non AT&T device to be compatible with a service that we are unable to provision.The only phones that we can guarantee a service such as LTE will work on are specifically AT&T phones.

Daniella: I am happy to hear that all of your services, including voice, texting and data are working.

Brian: Again, my other devices did not support HD voice and LTE worked fine. At this point, we're wasting both of our time. I'll just look at moving on to a carrier who can properly support unlocked phones. Thanks for your time.

-- end
    06-05-17 10:23 AM
    Is it possible there is more going on here?

I have a BB Classic on AT&T that's worked great for the past 2 years. However, yesterday I accepted an OS update to BB10 Release/Version 10.3.3.1463/10.3.3.2205, and since then, I can no longer connect to LTE. The best I can get in the upper right corner is lowercase lte.

I have already been in contact with AT&T. They did some kind of change on their end and asked me to restart my device, but this did not fix it.

My wife refused to accept the upgrade on her BB10 and is not having the issue.

Has anyone else seen this?
    06-05-17 04:24 PM

I'm having an issue with AT&T LTE connectivity with an unlocked KeyOne. I made another post about this issue before and Blaze was helpful and told me that I needed to ping AT&T. Unfortunately, this has been a nightmare. I spoke to a regular service rep with web chat on Friday note, who opened a new case with network people, followed up today, was passed on to advanced support, then their manager. Their conclusion is that since my phone does not support HD voice it will not support LTE. I've had no issue with unlocked phones, which I use almost exclusively, including a passport? Should I possibly try a new SIM? I have a broken Priv I might be able to have the IMEI cloned/etc. Should I hit a store instead? Here is the transcript between advanced support and manager. Please excuse the snootiness and any ignorance on my part

-- transcript
    Amee: I understand this has been a roller coaster, and I sincerely apologize about that. I want to make sure I am giving you the most accurate info, because I don't want to keep you going in circles. With unlocked devices we are unable to provision HD voice, because that can only be done on AT&T branded devices. HD voice is required for LTE to work on the devices.

Amee: If you would like we can go over some options for upgrades, to be able to get LTE
    Brian: I've had no issue with LTE service on the two previous unlocked phones I've used.

Amee: With unlocked devices, we cannot guarantee any type of service to work perfectly on the devices, since it was not manufactured for AT&T

Amee: No problem, it was just an option. Our network engineers that completed case, have stated that the device is not guaranteed to work on LTE. I apologize about that. I see that they also sent an email to the gmail email that was put on the case.
    Brian: I don't have an email from them, I have checked my spam and trash folder. The other rep told me they wouldn't be able to get to it till the 10th. Could you please paste the contents of that email?

Communication Contents: At this time, unlocked devices are not compatible with our HD Voice feature, only specific AT&T certified devices (and certain unlocked iPhones). I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.The customer is using a non-certified BYOD which is not compatible with HD Voice (see the Compatible Handsets info

Brian: That note differs from what you just told me, you stated HD voice was required for LTE to work, their email does not indicate that.

Amee: Yes, in order to have LTE, HD voice needs to be provisioned, it cannot be provisioned on an unlocked phone.

Amee: The customer is using a non-certified BYOD which is not compatible with HD Voice
    Brian: I've never had HD voice supported, and I've used it with unlocked devices.

Brian: They didn't state that was the issue with basic LTE, so they provided me with an incomplete answer? Either way, it doesn't seem like anyone is going to help me. I'll just look at moving to another carrier than that can support unlocked phones.

Amee: I would like to get you connected with customer loyalty to see what other options they offer, one moment please, Brian.

Brian: The only options is getting this phone working, what you've said is absolutely incorrect, I have used unlocked phones with AT&T for years.

Amee has left the chat

Daniella: Hi! My name is Daniella, I am the Lead Supervisor in the AT&T Advanced Tech Chat

Daniella: Amee did let me know that you are using an unlocked device, and are unsatisfied with the unlocked device not providing LTE service, correct?

Brian: Yes. I have used unlocked devices almost exclusively the last year. The Motorola Z for the last few months, and the HP Elite X3 before then, I have used at least 4 other unlocked phones on AT&T since I've been a customer, and I've never had an issue with LTE. Please allow me to recap the issues because I'm sure the notes are not entirely correct based on the number of people I've been passed off to.

Brian: I purchased a Blackberry KeyONE on May 31st, an unlocked device with LTE support in the correct bands. Other users have been able to use the service, with only one other user I've been able to find having difficulty.

Brian: The first representitve tried to do something with my IMEI and SIM card number, with no luck, and the help of his manager.

Brian: They created a case for the network folks, that response was about HD voice support though, not LTE.

Brian: The advanced support I spoke to said HD voice was required for LTE support, which I know is not true from my previous unlocked phones non-support of HD voice support (I know HD voice support is very limited and dependent on your direct support).

Brian: That's where I am. I can understand if this has to do with IMEI, databases, etc since this is a new phone, but the responses I've been given are inconsistent.

Brian: Other users have had success by activating a SIM on an AT&T branded blackberry device (such as a priv) and then moving the sim over. I tried my SIM on a non-blackberry AT&T device and I get LTE.

Daniella: I understand, thank you for that information. I apologize about the run around. I understand you were not aware HD voice is needed, however it is true that HD voice is needed for LTE to work. HD voice is currently not compatible with the Blackberry KeyONE. The case was filed correctly to get you provisioned for LTE and out network engineers replied directly, and stated that fact as well. There is no way for us to force a non AT&T device to be compatible with a service that we are unable to provision.The only phones that we can guarantee a service such as LTE will work on are specifically AT&T phones.

Daniella: I am happy to hear that all of your services, including voice, texting and data are working.

Brian: Again, my other devices did not support HD voice and LTE worked fine. At this point, we're wasting both of our time. I'll just look at moving on to a carrier who can properly support unlocked phones. Thanks for your time.

-- end
    Well. Good news for me. I'm a moron. I looked through this thread again, and noticed someone mention how small the indicator was for LTE. Well giving into vanity and skipping the bifocals was a bad idea.

It's on LTE. The crappy service and speeds coupled with my moleman sight has been the main issue.

The nonsense response above though....

Sync
    06-05-17 05:14 PM

-- transcript

Amee has left the chat

-- end
    Call at&t, don't chat. Tell them you are not recieving LTE on your Priv, give them your Priv imei number and sim.
    06-05-17 05:24 PM
65 123