Greetings, all...

I received my KEYone (BBB100-1), yesterday, and went to my local AT&T store to get a SIM for it. All is good... except that it is not connecting to the LTE network. When I reference the SIM Status, it reports that it is only connecting to the HSPA+ network.

I have already confirmed that the 'Preferred Network Type' setting is set to include LTE.

Thoughts on what I could try?
    06-02-17 06:45 AM
    Have you checked your APN settings? Here is some additional info: https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1753...rry_keyone.php
    06-02-17 07:00 AM
    Thank you for the link, Jared. Unfortunately, even with using this information, I am still unable to access LTE (after reboots).
    06-02-17 07:50 AM
    I will also note that AT&T Chat Support indicated that my IMEI suggests that this device does not support LTE.
    06-02-17 07:53 AM
    I will also note that AT&T Chat Support indicated that my IMEI suggests that this device does not support LTE.
    Find someone who know what they are doing, and have them spoof the imei of a priv.
    06-02-17 07:57 AM
    Same goes for t-mobile if you want wifi calling
    06-02-17 07:58 AM
    Interesting. Could be the bands that AT&T uses in your area aren't found in the phone. Assuming you had another current phone before the KEYone and it didn't have an issue?

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...t-usa-1107059/
    06-02-17 07:59 AM
    My previous device was a Q10. No issues.
    06-02-17 08:04 AM
    Is it possible that I got unlucky with a bad SIM?
    06-02-17 08:06 AM
    It could be a bad SIM, definitely. The phone is said to be compatible with AT&T, so you should get LTE.

I would try to chat with AT&T again so they can make sure the settings on your account are correct, and maybe determine if the SIM is bad.
    06-02-17 08:11 AM
    Greetings, all...

I received my KEYone (BBB100-1), yesterday, and went to my local AT&T store to get a SIM for it. All is good... except that it is not connecting to the LTE network. When I reference the SIM Status, it reports that it is only connecting to the HSPA+ network.

I have already confirmed that the 'Preferred Network Type' setting is set to include LTE.

Thoughts on what I could try?
    Go back to the Priv forums and research this from its launch in November 2015. Same issue.

The key is to have a SIM that was previously in an AT&T branded phone, no matter how briefly. You could have the guy at the store put it in his phone and boot up. Once the SIM is registered in AT&T's systems as being in an AT&T-approved phone with the right bands, you can put it into your K1 and voila.

Your problem was that you got a new SIM that was never anywhere near an AT&T phone. AT&T's systems haven't registered that they should allow the LTE capability for that SIM. That capability gets registered ONLY if the SIM is in an AT&T-branded phone.

But once registered, the SIM is portable to any phone with the right capabilities--even non-branded phones. Welcome to AT&T.

People with current AT&T branded phones and a compatible SIM, can simply put their old SIM into the K1 and will never experience what you're experiencing.
    06-02-17 08:24 AM
    I just held Chat with another agent who went as far as to force provisioning. It failed. After doing so, they did a master search for my device's IMEI and they too found that it is not capable of allowing LTE services.

This is a BBB100-1. Calls/Text/Data all work fine... just not at LTE (only HSPA+).
    06-02-17 08:58 AM
    So... if I were to put my SIM into my wife's AT&T purchased Samsung Galaxy S7 and then move it back to my device, it should do the trick?

After my two failed attempts with AT&T Chat Support... this is my next option.
    06-02-17 09:01 AM
    So... if I were to put my SIM into my wife's AT&T purchased Samsung Galaxy S7 and then move it back to my device, it should do the trick?

After my two failed attempts with AT&T Chat Support... this is my next option.
    Sorry but no. Will not do the trick. I have UK version of KEYone. And I have LTE. But I will be strait that the signal is not the same as I had on passport. I am getting disappointed.
    Anyway.
    I would try again with new Sim. I now it is new but could be defective.
    Just try one more time another Sim. If that doesn't work than device is bad.
    06-02-17 09:16 AM
    He's got the -1 which is NA so he should have LTE
    So yes try the Sim in your wife phone
    06-02-17 09:28 AM
    Sorry but no. Will not do the trick. I have UK version of KEYone. And I have LTE. But I will be strait that the signal is not the same as I had on passport. I am getting disappointed.
    Anyway.
    A few report in poor signal around here
    06-02-17 09:29 AM
    A few report in poor signal around here
    Yeah. I read that too. This KEYone is a shame. No availability. Poor poor keyboard. Feels like just cheap plastics. Phone itself is fine. Camera....-> uuummm ok
    Lumia 950 is the best phone camera
    06-02-17 09:33 AM
    Yeah. I read that too. This KEYone is a shame. No availability. Poor poor keyboard. Feels like just cheap plastics. Phone itself is fine. Camera....-> uuummm ok
    Lumia 950 is the best phone camera
    I almost pull the trigger on that one but I heldup. I better passed this one
    06-02-17 09:36 AM
    I have the GSM UK version on Rogers in Canada and it works perfectly. LTE reception most everywhere even in rural areas. Rogers uses LTE bands that are all included on both the UK / EURO and NA version of KEYone.
    Don't pay attention to the amount of bars on the reception indicator. As long as it's clear sounding.
    06-02-17 09:36 AM
    I'm not referencing the bars. I'm specifically referencing the SIM Network Status.

And for what it is worth... I really like this device. No issues (minus LTE).
    06-02-17 09:42 AM
    Anyway.
    Incorrect.
    06-02-17 10:19 AM
    I'm not referencing the bars. I'm specifically referencing the SIM Network Status.

And for what it is worth... I really like this device. No issues (minus LTE).

As mentioned above, you need to register the sim with at&t with an at&t branded phone capable of LTE, once it is activated on that phone, take the sim out and put it in your keynone and you will get LTE. Many including myself went through this with the Priv.
    06-02-17 10:21 AM
    I am on ATT with a BBB100-2. I have LTE service. So far, connectivity has been on par with my Passport, Classic.
    06-02-17 10:25 AM
    Im on att LTE, same reception as i7 but call quality isn't what i expected :/ Its a sick device. There are others with no issue, but i feel for the amount they launched compared to issues there is definitely build/parts quality problems here.
    06-02-17 10:26 AM
    Incorrect.
    That's a big explanation
    06-02-17 10:26 AM
65 123