I've been reading posts on wifi calling for BB K1 on AT&T for the past hour and have no greater sense of whether it's possible or will ever be possible. I'm assuming it's not available on Nougat but am wondering if it will be available on Oreo?

So, for those who actually know the answer can you please share.

So, 3 questions:

1. Not available on Nougat right?

2. Will it be available on Oreo?

3. Any idea when Oreo will go on K1's on AT&T? Elusive.

Thanks,

Roveer
    08-13-18 07:36 PM
    1. Correct
    2. Unknown for now.
    3. Also unknown for now.

I have the AT&T KEYone as well and haven’t been able to extract any further information from the greatest IT minds here on CB yet....
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-13-18 07:38 PM
    Sometimes it's hard to be a fan. Especially when some dopy iphone carrying dolt is chatting away on wifi calling and all I can do is sit here and paw away at my physical keyboard. DOH!!
    08-13-18 07:44 PM
    So, how many KeyOne's did AT&T sell? I was surprised that a branded phone didn't have WiFi calling. Probably not enough folks complaining about it.
    08-13-18 07:48 PM
    Sometimes it's hard to be a fan. Especially when some dopy iphone carrying dolt is chatting away on wifi calling and all I can do is sit here and paw away at my physical keyboard. DOH!!
    That's why I'm on T-Mobile. It's not the only reason though. I'm also too cheap to pay AT&T prices.
    Soapm likes this.
    08-13-18 07:49 PM
    Don't blame the phone...Blame the carrier.
    Soapm likes this.
    08-13-18 07:53 PM
    Whatever the cause, it still is a problem.
    08-13-18 08:10 PM
    Don't blame the phone...Blame the carrier.
    I was going to make the same comment, isn't this an AT&T question? The phone will do WiFi calling just fine, it's AT&T that's not allowing it.
    08-13-18 09:12 PM
    I was going to make the same comment, isn't this an AT&T question? The phone will do WiFi calling just fine, it's AT&T that's not allowing it.
    I'm struggling to get all the att updates. I have 5 or so more to go to be on prepped for oreo.
    08-13-18 09:17 PM
    Exactly....The carrier has the power to give it or not. My son's Galaxy S8 has it but the three Keyone on the same AT&T do not.
    08-13-18 09:19 PM
    I'm struggling to get all the att updates. I have 5 or so more to go to be on prepped for oreo.
    I'm still on AAY819 which I believe was May's update but I have WiFi calling with TMO and have had WiFi calling since the day I got the phone. I guess my point is BB updates have nothing to do with WiFi calling...
    08-14-18 12:23 AM
    Exactly....The carrier has the power to give it or not. My son's Galaxy S8 has it but the three Keyone on the same AT&T do not.
    Are the S8s factory unlocked or AT&T branded?
    08-14-18 02:13 AM
    T-Mo's coverage has been increasing. Was at a party a few nights ago and both Sprint and at&t users had zero bars. My t-mo, Motion (unbranded of course) had full cell service. Even if it didn't, I could have used wifi-calling. My wife's Key1, the same. But if you have to be with a service that only caters to iPhone...
    08-14-18 03:26 AM
    They probably had a T Mobile Network Extender in the house. Ha!
    08-14-18 06:20 AM
    They probably had a T Mobile Network Extender in the house. Ha!
    Nope. For some reason Sprint and at&t have gotten terrible in our area. While T-Mo has become excellent.
    08-14-18 07:24 AM
    Are the S8s factory unlocked or AT&T branded?
    All the phones (4) are AT$T branded.
    08-14-18 05:28 PM
    Nope. For some reason Sprint and at&t have gotten terrible in our area. While T-Mo has become excellent.
    When I like is that TMO focused their resources to major city/metro area's while the other carriers focused on providing service in sparsely populated areas. TMO also made agreements with small, localized carriers all along the interstate so you can roam onto their networks. I just went to KS and saw all kinds of strange networks on my phone but the point was I had signal the whole way...

And the good part for me is I'm grandfathered into a plan where I have 4 phones for $80/mo. What I don't have is unlimited 4G data but that's no problem with WiFi most places I frequent.
    08-14-18 06:41 PM
    Sounds like roaming was a decade or more ago.
    08-14-18 07:10 PM
    You mean when it used to work? At&t is the one behaving like some primitive throw-back. Unless you have an iPhone of course.
    08-14-18 07:21 PM
    Yeah. I wish someone would figure out a work around.
    08-14-18 07:46 PM
    You mean when it used to work? At&t is the one behaving like some primitive throw-back. Unless you have an iPhone of course.
    That’s why I carry iPhone as dual carry device. I travel some remote areas of central Florida where I need AT&T over T-MOBILE. I keep an unlocked device on T-MOBILE on $3/month plan. Coverage is better than five years ago but still not quite there yet.
    08-14-18 08:24 PM
    That’s why I carry iPhone as dual carry device. I travel some remote areas of central Florida where I need AT&T over T-MOBILE. I keep an unlocked device on T-MOBILE on $3/month plan. Coverage is better than five years ago but still not quite there yet.
    Was referring to WFC and all the goodies you cannot get on at&t with an unlocked phone unless you have an iPhone.
    08-14-18 09:10 PM
    Was referring to WFC and all the goodies you cannot get on at&t with an unlocked phone unless you have an iPhone.
    I know. I’ll switch ASAP. My thought process wasn’t complete. The iPhone allows me the enhanced features on AT&T network until T-MOBILE can handle my coverage footprint.
    08-14-18 09:13 PM
    Wow! What a bunch of crap! Only branded phones, only iphones, only this only that. Never realized that carriers were so limited (more by business decisions than technology) to giving good features to such a narrow offering of devices. After reading all of the posts I come to the obvious conclusion. It's iPhone or nothing. I'll never own an iphone so that's just not an option.

Now if I move to a key2 will it do wifi calling on AT&T? AT&T doesn't even have a branded k2 yet. Am I asking for too much here?
    08-14-18 09:30 PM
    Perhaps, but I don't care where the signal comes from as long as the phone works. And some of those rural carriers had great service. I guess because there were few phones on the tower????
    08-14-18 11:44 PM