I have gone through two KEYones from AT&T, and both have the same camera problem. Point it to take a sunset picture or point it towards bright light (i.e. another phone's flash light or even just a light bulb), and a reflection/dot appears on the picture. I have tried everything, but the issue replicates on both phone's cameras. See attached pictures. You can see the reflection appear on the model's face, upper back, and in the water. Has anybody else noticed this?
    Attached Thumbnails AT&T KEYone camera issue-585744977.jpg   AT&T KEYone camera issue-1902062897.jpg   AT&T KEYone camera issue-134674988.jpg   AT&T KEYone camera issue-1070971623.jpg   AT&T KEYone camera issue-2147047153.jpg  

AT&T KEYone camera issue-1226014047.jpg   AT&T KEYone camera issue-1426830427.jpg   AT&T KEYone camera issue-1804694434.jpg  
    Last edited by KarlPTaborda; 09-19-17 at 03:43 AM.
    09-19-17 02:37 AM
    I highly doubt you should be considering this a defect of a phone. Have you ever encountered lens flare with a camera while taking pictures of bright objects? Buy a $5000 camera and retake these same shots and report back about the lens flare.
    09-19-17 03:11 AM
    I've taken similar sunset pictures with my BlackBerry PRIV and Passport cameras. They definitely have lens flare, however not to the degree of the KEYone's camera where you can't do anything to minimize or prevent it.
    09-19-17 03:49 AM
    I've taken similar sunset pictures with my BlackBerry PRIV and Passport cameras. No noticeable bright lens flare whatsoever on those shots.
    The examples you have provided is not considered lens flare. Give us some more examples of pictures that you have taken without having the camera pointed at a setting sun.
    09-19-17 04:01 AM
    definitely not lense flare but I see the dot
    09-19-17 10:33 AM
    It's where the camera decided to focus.... What software are you editing your photos with?
    09-19-17 10:34 AM
    I would take a series of photos against a monochrome background and vary the colors. That SPOT is so fixed appearing generally in the same location in all the photos, a bit left or right. Or take those sunset pictures again but change the location of the bright sun portion. Up, down more left, more right. See what that DOT does.

Check your lens and make sure that it is clean.
    09-19-17 12:43 PM
    I thought this was an issue on my iPhone 7 Plus, dust under the lens, but an Apple "Genius" showed me that his 7Plus did it too.

If you take a flashlight and shine it at the camera, you'll see exactly where the glass reflects.
    09-19-17 12:48 PM
    I'll take back my curt answers. Yes indeed that is lens flare. I did some reading and came across issues with iPhone's doing the same thing. It has something to do with the layers of lenses and light penetrating these layers and causing the lens flare. Don't bother exchanging the phone expecting to get one that won't have the same experience.
    09-19-17 03:21 PM
    It's where the camera decided to focus.... What software are you editing your photos with?
    No editing software whatsoever was used on the pictures. These are straight from the KEYone's camera taken in automatic settings.
    09-19-17 11:42 PM
    I would take a series of photos against a monochrome background and vary the colors. That SPOT is so fixed appearing generally in the same location in all the photos, a bit left or right. Or take those sunset pictures again but change the location of the bright sun portion. Up, down more left, more right. See what that DOT does.

Check your lens and make sure that it is clean.
    Lens was definitely clean...
    09-19-17 11:43 PM
    I can't get my AT&T camera to focus... I turned the setting within the camera app to "focus before capture" , but no Bueno! any advice?
    09-20-17 12:23 AM
    I can't get my AT&T camera to focus... I turned the setting within the camera app to "focus before capture" , but no Bueno! any advice?
    Use RECENTS button and actually close the Camera App. Then load it again. Uninstall and reinstall it.
    09-20-17 01:13 AM
    I can't uninstall and reinstall the stock camera app
    09-20-17 02:07 AM
    I can't uninstall and reinstall the stock camera app
    Maybe the shutter speed is too slow? You can't even focus during the day?
    09-20-17 05:25 AM
    I thought this was an issue on my iPhone 7 Plus, dust under the lens, but an Apple "Genius" showed me that his 7Plus did it too.

If you take a flashlight and shine it at the camera, you'll see exactly where the glass reflects.
    My wife's iPhone 7+ has never had a small circle show up in her photos. We live near a beach and take a number of sunrise and sunset photos throughout the year. We use her phone as it's always the one with the best end results. Even the S7 I just got doesn't compare.

Sun flares, sure. But not small circles. Those last photos with the circle on her back, the Sun is setting and not really all that bright. But OP if you gone through a couple of KEYones...
    09-20-17 11:48 AM
    This would annoy the hell outta me. Looks like his girlfriend is being targeted by the red laser of a sniper's rifle. Priv has light flare, but not this sniper's dot (at least I don't know nor heard about a Priv owner having encountered it).
    09-20-17 12:01 PM
    I have decided to return both KEYones and move on. It's unfortunate that the camera lens has this inherent issue with bright light.
    I own a Priv and Passport, have taken countless sunset shots without any noticeable dot, reflection, lens flare or whatever you call it show up like this.
    09-20-17 12:12 PM
    I would be helpful if other KEYone owners would chime in or see if they can replicate the issue as well. I am a bit surprised that no one else has noticed or come across this...especially after two KEYones doing the exact same thing.
    09-20-17 12:13 PM
    This is not just a KEYᵒⁿᵉ issue. Do an Internet search of lens flare iPhone 7 tiny dot.

Do you only take pictures of sunsets?
    09-20-17 12:20 PM
    I would be helpful if other KEYone owners would chime in or see if they can replicate the issue as well. I am a bit surprised that no one else has noticed or come across this...especially after two KEYones doing the exact same thing.
    You don't have to have a KeyOne to replicate it. I also would not say it is "inherent issue" of the KeyOne.---->

This is not just a KEYᵒⁿᵉ issue. Do an Internet search of lens flare iPhone 7 tiny dot.

Do you only take pictures of sunsets?
    Not only iPhone 7.

This following model just posted a video made with her Android phone on Insta. Look at the apparent "sniper's laser beam":

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZRRiOZj...nrodriguezreal
    (right click on URL and open in new tab/window since just clicking on it doesn't seem to work on CB).

However, this time it's a green beam (probably due to the color of her shiny dress).

The "sniper's laser beam" that the TS got is probably from the reflection of the water/sun, something shiny behind him or on him (ring?, jewelery?, watch?, sunnies?), or due to the lens reflection on something or a combination of the previous.

It is good that the TS moved on. Doesn't seem to be a hardcore PKB fanatic anyways (or at least not in a way that he still thought he would be). If the camera is THAT important to anybody like in this case of the TS, no BlackBerry should ever be considered. Period.

P.S. there is also an app to remove the dots: snapseed and Face tune for example. You can do it with what they call: "healing" and "patch." Even though it would annoy the hell out of me to even have to do this, it's probably not even an issue of this particular phone at all.
    Last edited by WT44; 09-21-17 at 07:21 AM.
    09-21-17 06:55 AM