Getting the KeyOne to play nice with AT&T has not been easy. I got my phone from Amazon on June 1. Since that time, I have spent an inordinate amount of my time trying to get things fixed, only to have mounting frustration.

I went through the first issue with no LTE and Enhanced Services like HD Voice, getting that resolved by SIM spoofing.

Then, Monday's software update removed Enhanced Services from the phone, HD Voice is now gone. Features that depend on AT&T enhanced services such as Call Protect no longer function. That said, this helped somewhat with the dropped calls in low signal areas, but removing features isn't in my mind a genuine fix.

No ability to get Wi-Fi calling working, despite tickets to both Blackberry Mobile and AT&T.

I really want to keep this phone, but it's just taking up too much emotional energy. I could perhaps switch to T Mobile, but they've historically had poor coverage.

Like many of you, I purchased the KeyOne because productivity is my main goal, but these problems may be deal killers despite the great hardware.

It would be nice if when I call Blackberry Mobile I could actually reach someone who understands the issues and can help. Instead, the problems get "escalated," but never resolved.

I'm reaching the end of my patience.
    Last edited by JAL1; 06-14-17 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Typo
    06-14-17 10:48 AM
    UH oh. I live in an area with no cell service so I rely heavily on WiFi calling (and have AT&T) I am getting mine next week. I didn't know this was an issue. I had the unlocked passport that worked perfectly...bad news for me
    06-14-17 11:21 AM
    I agree with all that you have said here. The device was advertised to fully support the carrier and it has/does not. It would be nice to know that they (whoever they are) are aware of these issues and are working to resolve them.
    06-14-17 11:30 AM
    I believe it does fully support the carrier. It's the carrier that doesn't fully support it, yet.
    06-14-17 11:34 AM
    do you have an att sim card?
    06-14-17 11:35 AM
    I believe it does fully support the carrier. It's the carrier that doesn't fully support it, yet.
    Yes. This is likely a more accurate statement. I am hopeful of "yet".
    Last edited by mrhobbsworth; 06-14-17 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-17 11:36 AM
    At&t doesn't support WiFi calling on any unlocked Android device. I've heard that they provide WiFi calling on unlocked iPhones, but can't confirm. many on the HTC and LG forums are confirming this bad news.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-17 12:11 PM
    I have to decide whether to return the phone and get something compatible or wait it out or switch carriers. I'm not hopeful on the waiting it out because I had an AT&T branded PRIV and it never got Wi-fi calling. That said, there is definitely something going on with Blackberry Mobile disabling HD Voice on the latest software update. I've tried to find out directly from them why the occurred, but so far no answers, just "escalations."
    06-14-17 12:20 PM
    If it helps, I just switched from AT&T to T-Mobile this week. Wifi Calling works flawlessly. It did not work at all on AT&T.
    06-14-17 12:40 PM
    This forum does not like negativity, but quite honestly knowing they are launching gsm phones that are for att and t mobile as advertised - at least have the decency to contact them and inquire on proper channels and a clear write up so other customers like myself wount not spend work days with tech support seeking solutions. It is emotionally draining.

Switching carriers should not be the solution.
    kbz1960 and Johberry like this.
    06-14-17 01:35 PM