So I toggled it off and now I have an android system notification saying it's running in the background ! Oh boy ...
    I am having same issue. It just started from the power center app update today. I remember hearing about this issue before (several months ago) that I believe they fixed with an app update.
    dan99x99 likes this.
    08-24-18 05:55 PM
    So I toggled it off and now I have an android system notification saying it's running in the background ! Oh boy ...
    I do believe I saw that android system notification right after turning off the power center notification. As with power center, I just long-pressed the system notification, toggled to off, and I haven't seen either since.
    08-24-18 07:07 PM
    my hub has stopped updating overnight even though I have it set to refresh every 15mins. had to change it to every 5mins. still have to manually refresh it in the morning. also doesn't notify me for my second Gmail work account. also have to manually refresh it as well. not happy with this update at all. none of the others have changed how my phone functions until now.
    08-24-18 07:43 PM
    my hub has stopped updating overnight even though I have it set to refresh every 15mins. had to change it to every 5mins. still have to manually refresh it in the morning. also doesn't notify me for my second Gmail work account. also have to manually refresh it as well. not happy with this update at all. none of the others have changed how my phone functions until now.
    I was getting Hub not updating until I opened it and no star notification for new content on the home screen icons. Some things I did:

1) In Hub settings, "Help receive emails quicker" was turned off. The info said turning that on would allow Hub+ Services to run in the background. I turned it on.

2) I went through all of my email accounts and found "Sync this account" or similar was turned off for one of them, can't imagine how. I turned it on.

3) Under the individual account settings in Hub, there is Heads-up notifications, all turned off. I turned those on.

I'm thinking 1) takes care of the auto-syncing, 2) does not look like your problem, and 3) brought the sparks back. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    08-24-18 07:57 PM
    My update was alright but some of my apps are kind of "sticky". For instance, opening my phone app takes about 1 to 2 seconds where it was near-instantaneous on Nougat. Some things are a bit stuttery, Facebook smoothed out a bit, the screen has a delay though when pressing the power button. Overall a pretty "meh" update for me.
    08-25-18 02:37 AM
    I was getting Hub not updating until I opened it and no star notification for new content on the home screen icons. Some things I did:

1) In Hub settings, "Help receive emails quicker" was turned off. The info said turning that on would allow Hub+ Services to run in the background. I turned it on.

2) I went through all of my email accounts and found "Sync this account" or similar was turned off for one of them, can't imagine how. I turned it on.

3) Under the individual account settings in Hub, there is Heads-up notifications, all turned off. I turned those on.

I'm thinking 1) takes care of the auto-syncing, 2) does not look like your problem, and 3) brought the sparks back. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    4) All is no longer good. Email accounts are no longer syncing automatically. I thought it had to do with a Carrier Services problem that I and others were experiencing but I can't seem to get this working right. https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13266153

Going to factory reset.
    08-25-18 07:13 AM
    I don't trust in-place upgrades between OS versions. Too many things change under the hood. I always do a fresh wipe even though it is painful and time consuming to reset everything. End result is much better. Unfortunately OS's are so bloated these days that they need to be reset after an upgrade to wipe out all the crap from the previous one.
    08-25-18 10:06 AM
    Anyone with a unlocked KEYone on Verizon received Oreo update yet? I haven't.
    08-25-18 10:43 AM
    ABD796
    2018-08-11 10:15.54 CET
    KEYone BBB100-1
    Last released: 2018-08-31 07:31.58 (first seen in the wild: 2018-08-11 11:03.12)
    Valid for (order of release): PRD-63116-001, PRD-63116-039, PRD-63116-003, PRD-63116-005, PRD-63116-007, PRD-63116-051, PRD-63116-017, PRD-63116-033
    Just got this strange notification on the rss feed from TCL Firmware https://tclota.birth-online.de/

It says the Oreo firmware already installed was Last released: 2018-08-31 07:31.58 (first seen in the wild: 2018-08-11 11:03.12)

I was somewhat desperately hoping it might be some sort of point release bugfix that would get my Hub email sync working, again, but updater doesn't see it that way, nothing to download, no such luck.
    08-31-18 07:17 AM
    Just got this strange notification on the rss feed from TCL Firmware https://tclota.birth-online.de/

It says the Oreo firmware already installed was Last released: 2018-08-31 07:31.58 (first seen in the wild: 2018-08-11 11:03.12)

I was somewhat desperately hoping it might be some sort of point release bugfix that would get my Hub email sync working, again, but updater doesn't see it that way, nothing to download, no such luck.
    There is no issue with HUB sync on Oreo.

Try a factory reset to remove gremlins.
    09-03-18 08:26 PM
    There is no issue with HUB sync on Oreo.
    That's pretty insulting. I've had the phone for 11 months and sync worked (for me) on Nougat, finally. Even that was not without issues due to launcher getting ready for Oreo, for one thing, which I've written about in several threads, including where the developers acknowledged the issues=not just me. No issue for you but you are not the be all to end all.

Try a factory reset to remove gremlins.
    I've already reset my K1 after Oreo twice. I've reported my experience since Oreo and asked advice for doing a manual installation of 8.1, which got no answer. I figured it out on my own and have now done that with Mobile\ Upgrade\ Q\ 5.1.8\ Setup.exe. The failure of Hub to sync my email accounts according to my settings, which, once more, worked in Nougat, continues.

So, after all that, perhaps you and I'm sure others who have received your dismissive "works for me" posts along with absolutist "there is no problem" can understand we'd be happy for you to keep your shallow, unhelpful gloating to yourself.
    09-03-18 08:46 PM
    That's pretty insulting. I've had the phone for 11 months and sync worked (for me) on Nougat, finally. Even that was not without issues due to launcher getting ready for Oreo, for one thing, which I've written about in several threads, including where the developers acknowledged the issues=not just me. No issue for you but you are not the be all to end all.

I've already reset my K1 after Oreo twice. I've reported my experience since Oreo and asked advice for doing a manual installation of 8.1, which got no answer. I figured it out on my own and have now done that with Mobile\ Upgrade\ Q\ 5.1.8\ Setup.exe. The failure of Hub to sync my email accounts according to my settings, which, once more, worked in Nougat, continues.

So, after all that, perhaps you and I'm sure others who have received your dismissive "works for me" posts along with absolutist "there is no problem" can understand we'd be happy for you to keep your shallow, unhelpful gloating to yourself.
    I was trying to help by suggesting that: HUB sync issues are not endemic of Oreo itself (which is very relevant and useful information), and perhaps a factory reset could fix the problem.

The problem clearly lies elsewhere, or all of us would be experiencing it - not just one or a select few.

What type of account are you having issues with? Do the "developers" you refer to belong to the Oreo crew, or the App Suite crew?
    09-03-18 08:50 PM
    I don't trust in-place upgrades between OS versions. Too many things change under the hood. I always do a fresh wipe even though it is painful and time consuming to reset everything. End result is much better. Unfortunately OS's are so bloated these days that they need to be reset after an upgrade to wipe out all the crap from the previous one.
    Would you recommend to wipe and then install Oreo, or to upgrade to Oreo and then wipe.
    Is one option better than the other?
    09-03-18 09:50 PM
    Would you recommend to wipe and then install Oreo, or to upgrade to Oreo and then wipe.
    Or use Sugar for the best result.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...sugar-1150952/
    jope28 likes this.
    09-03-18 09:55 PM
    Might as well update, and if it gives you problems then do a wipe. I used the mobile upgrade tool which wipes everything while it is installing so didn't have a choice one way or the other, which is fine with me.
    jope28 likes this.
    09-04-18 12:12 AM
40 12