Hi! I am in the U.S. I have a keyone, model BBB100-3, build number AA0472, android ver 7.1.1, security patch level Sept 5, 2017. I got the phone new, but did not start using it until recently. The phone was purchased from a Best Buy. My service provider is T-Mobile, not AT&T.

There is a system update waiting for installation. I have great trepidation about installing the system update. When I first started using my keyone unit, it downloaded a system upgrade. When I attempted to install, it tied up the phone in knots. Others on this forum had had this same issue. I don't remember the exact error message(s) I got, but they were of the "forget it, this phone will never function" variety. I kept simultaneously pressing the left "system on" button and the "volume lower" button on the right to reboot. (There was a three-item menu. I think option 3 worked, finally.) I managed to delete the system update and start up the phone from scratch. Since then, another system install has downloaded. I don't know if this install is the same or different from the one that caused so much trouble before. Does anyone know how I can check this? Thanks.
    12-06-21 10:49 AM
    Hi! I am in the U.S. I have a keyone, model BBB100-3, build number AA0472, android ver 7.1.1, security patch level Sept 5, 2017. I got the phone new, but did not start using it until recently. The phone was purchased from a Best Buy. My service provider is T-Mobile, not AT&T.

There is a system update waiting for installation. I have great trepidation about installing the system update. When I first started using my keyone unit, it downloaded a system upgrade. When I attempted to install, it tied up the phone in knots. Others on this forum had had this same issue. I don't remember the exact error message(s) I got, but they were of the "forget it, this phone will never function" variety. I kept simultaneously pressing the left "system on" button and the "volume lower" button on the right to reboot. (There was a three-item menu. I think option 3 worked, finally.) I managed to delete the system update and start up the phone from scratch. Since then, another system install has downloaded. I don't know if this install is the same or different from the one that caused so much trouble before. Does anyone know how I can check this? Thanks.
    The phone is so hopelessly outdated, and the OS so ancient, a security patch that is a few months newer won't change much.

But I'd do it anyway.

Regardless, you're holding a ticking security time bomb.
    12-06-21 11:14 AM
    Hi, Conite. I get the hopelessly outdated comment, of course, but the OS works fine with 4G and all my apps. I may be switching to a different phone option soon (sigh). However, if installing the system update makes my phone unusable, I will be very sorry immediately. What do you think about the chances that installing the system update will put me in that situation?
    12-08-21 09:49 AM
    What do you think about the chances that installing the system update will put me in that situation?
    Pretty much zero.
    12-08-21 11:14 AM
    Shouldn't the system update bring it at least to Android 8 for that phone?
    12-08-21 01:03 PM
    Shouldn't the system update bring it at least to Android 8 for that phone?
    No. It's a BBB100-3.
    12-08-21 01:22 PM
    (1) What is the system update issue with the BB100-3? (2) Should I be trying the autoloader? (I don't know what this is. I'm assuming it's something to use if your phone is not downloading system updates. Most recent/latest listed is ABG366. Is this what I would try if I tried any autoloader at all?) Thank you.
    12-08-21 02:22 PM
    Edit/correction (being a little OCD here): I meant what's the problem with the BBB100-3. TY.
    12-08-21 02:27 PM
    Edit/correction (being a little OCD here): I meant what's the problem with the BBB100-3. TY.
    It's the CDMA model intended for Verizon or Sprint, and is stuck on Nougat.
    12-08-21 02:39 PM
    I'm surprised you have a 100-3 (Verizon model) working on T-Mobile. It probably does work okay on bands 2 and 4 (PCS and AWS-1) if you have a clean path, but it doesn't seem to list nearly as many LTE bands as the 100-1. I still find mine often switching over to Verizon's CDMA network, and sometimes Verizon's U700 MHz Band 13, but I dare not swap in my T-M SIM, which I have in a Vivo burner that lacks some of Verizon's bands.

But I did update it to build ABP661 back in 2019, the last update for the 100-3 in the US. That was pushed by Verizon. I can't see T-M having pushed anything to this model, but if you load it yourself it seems to work.
    12-11-21 10:26 PM