Switching devices is very frustrating. The apps generally come over, but aren't placed on your screens as you want and few of them are replicated in terms of user names and passwords being remembers.

Nothing about shortcuts or screen set up was replicated.

Email accts also were needed to be reset: from passwords, to signatures, to any special touches.

It's hours and hours to replicate my setup, when software should exist to do this??? Am I alone here?

This is my biggest problem w changing devices and my my biggest issue even w Warranty replacements. I think my PRIV required 3-4 wtty replacements.
    FF22 and guizmox like this.
    06-11-17 05:55 PM
    I dunno, I quite enjoy the process of having to set up a new device. Maybe I'm a masochist. The only time it ever really bothers me is if I have an issue that requires setting up 2+ times in a row. Got used to wiping and reloading every few months thanks to BlackBerry 10 being janky over time.
    06-12-17 12:06 AM
    I dunno, I quite enjoy the process of having to set up a new device. Maybe I'm a masochist. The only time it ever really bothers me is if I have an issue that requires setting up 2+ times in a row. Got used to wiping and reloading every few months thanks to BlackBerry 10 being janky over time.
    Haha so true, have to perform an autoload on my Z30 but just can't be bothered at the moment. It has to be done though, it's getting bad again.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 12:10 AM
    Buying the Keyone saved me from having to reload my Classic lol

I'm also one of those that will reload from scratch than on top of something.
    06-12-17 02:47 AM
    I agree that going from BB10 to Android can be a little painful. But it is what it is. Just think of it as spring cleaning.
    06-12-17 05:54 AM
    as a software company BlackBerry needs to do a better job with their apps. the hub, launcher, tasks, notes, notable etc.. all should have a backup and restore function.

I absolutely hate setting up my hub with 13 email accounts and particular signatures and settings for many of them!

c'mon BlackBerry make it happen
    06-12-17 06:02 AM
    I synced contacts to my email account was pretty easy to switch from bb10. apps are different. but I had all the contacts synced anyway. priv to keyone was easy all the apps switched with device switch.
    06-12-17 06:32 AM
    I call this masochistic. Esp if you are doing it on wtty replacements. But either way, it used to be seamless from early BBRY devices to newer ones. No more.
    06-12-17 05:42 PM
    But either way, it used to be seamless from early BBRY devices to newer ones. No more.
    Such is the nature of moving to two entirely different systems. Much like how BBRY to BBRY was easy, Android BBRY to Android BBRY is easy as well. There has been a regression though, for sure, BBOS to BBOS was real easy. BB10 to BB10 became harder. BBRY Android to BBRY Android is slightly harder, but arguably that's all in the name of 'security' given you have to re-auth all the passwords, etc.
    06-12-17 05:45 PM
    I agree that going from BB10 to Android can be a little painful. But it is what it is. Just think of it as spring cleaning.
    I'm talking about going from PRIV to Keyone. Upwards of 8 hours and counting. Home screens w downloaded apps and shortcuts need to be recreated/repositioned. Many/most apps need to be re-opened w username and password. Emails accts need to to be re-established, including password, color, signature, etc.
    Last edited by SoxFan; 06-12-17 at 05:57 PM.
    06-12-17 05:45 PM
    as a software company BlackBerry needs to do a better job with their apps. the hub, launcher, tasks, notes, notable etc.. all should have a backup and restore function.

I absolutely hate setting up my hub with 13 email accounts and particular signatures and settings for many of them!

Ditto, also my contacts did not properly port over and w all the Berries, I have 2-4 contact duplicates. Email accts: totally agree w everything. Even things like the content of password keeper didn't port over.
    06-12-17 05:47 PM
    So, (1) you are an expert in terms of what to do, so maybe takes you 1/3rd -1/2 the time (2) I don't know why you like taking the hours to reposition 5-6 (for me) pages of home screen apps? Then, you have to reactivate many apps. Then, certain content didn't get ported. Then certain shortcuts and word replacement shortcuts didn't get ported. How can this not be TOTALLY automated. Early BBRY upgrades were much easier.
    06-12-17 05:51 PM

This is what I am saying!
    06-12-17 05:54 PM
    Such is the nature of moving to two entirely different systems. Much like how BBRY to BBRY was easy, Android BBRY to Android BBRY is easy as well. There has been a regression though, for sure, BBOS to BBOS was real easy. BB10 to BB10 became harder. BBRY Android to BBRY Android is slightly harder, but arguably that's all in the name of 'security' given you have to re-auth all the passwords, etc.
    I'm talking abt PRIV to Ketone, having had the previous memory of how easy it seemed to use to be from early BlackBerry devices.
    06-12-17 05:55 PM
    So, (1) you are an expert in terms of what to do, so maybe takes you 1/3rd -1/2 the time (2) I don't know why you like taking the hours to reposition 5-6 (for me) pages of home screen apps? Then, you have to reactivate many apps. Then, certain content didn't get ported. Then certain shortcuts and word replacement shortcuts didn't get ported. How can this not be TOTALLY automated. Early BBRY upgrades were much easier.
    I honestly don't care because most of the time, the restore options screw something up anyway or cause unwanted bugs. Most of the problems I have come across have been because of restoring from a backup and having been here for on the forums for many, many years, it's a common thing. When there's an issue on someones device, there's a good chance it stems from having used a backup or the backup process failing, or essentially moving a bug from on device to the other. There's a reason a wipe and reload of the OS is the top fix for a lot of things lol.
    06-12-17 05:56 PM
    Yep I am the same it's part of the experience.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 06:10 PM
    the content transfer from BB10 to Keyone did not work for me even thru SD or google drive. got a fault with transfering only 37pictures that either SD or drive is full. obviously was not. So I did it separately. task by task and those small number of pictures transfered manually to SD. what was interesting was backuping my whatsapp history from BB10. I started at Saturday 9pm. and the whole process of backuping finished today at 1pm after 40hours!!! another 2hours took the transfer from SD to internal memory of all the chats and its pictures etc.. Anyway, it took its dividend and the history was succesfully restored, but 42 hours journey was really unexpected one
    06-12-17 06:26 PM