Had the note 8... nothing to write home about. Pixel 2 xl is the best android/camera you will get. I would not bother with note 8. With the BlackBerry KB and the suite, this pixel 2 xl is best BlackBerry experience as well. Everything taken with this camera is great even the crappies subjects looks decent. The only thing missing is productivity tab which I did not use before anyway.
    03-14-18 11:56 PM
    “Temporarily”** Clearly I cannot spell on a VKB!!
    Enjoy your new device. Any new device automatically brings the comparision with the previous one. I hope TCL will have a improved KeyOne successor soon. Being a PKB fan I have no reasons to switch over from BBRY to any other device.
    Sigewif likes this.
    03-15-18 04:34 AM
    Been a couple days....how are you liking the new phone?
    03-15-18 10:11 AM
    Yes, I, Nucks26, lifelong BlackBerry user has now switched to a Pixel 2 XL. Honestly I got a great deal on one on eBay and my intentions were to just sell it for more on Kijiji. However, I’m now on my 2nd day with this device, and I must say I’m really enjoying it.

Firstly, SPEED. This thing is the Dodge Demon of smartphones. It is stupid fast. I’m unsure whether or not I will adjust to a vkb long-term, but for the sake of my BlackBerry brand loyalty, I hope I don’t, lol.

The display is really good. This device took heat for blue tint/burn-in but I really haven’t noticed anything that’s concerning in every day use.

It is only my 2nd day with the device, but battery life has nearly been on-par with my KEYone. That’s really impressive.

My biggest gripe with this device is by far the lack of a headphone jack. There has been multiple instances already where I’ve tried to plug in my headphones like a dummy.

We’ll see what happens long-term! For now, I’m carrying two devices. Some may be wondering why I posted this in CrackBerry and not Android Central. That is because I have been apart of this community for quite a while now to the point where some of the users feel like family! Android Central feels too foreign to me. Anyways, has anyone else used a Pixel 2 XL and a KEYone? Sound off!
    Made the same switch.... Running BB Hub+ Suite on my Pixel2 XL, still a bit BB, lots of power and great camera....

Bet you won't go back....
    HabsSuck likes this.
    03-15-18 01:41 PM
    My wife still has her cracked screen Z30 but she's successfully transitioned to the Pixel 2XL with the Hub+ - close enough as far as she's concerned.
    I'm holding out but the Z30 won't last forever - or even very much longer!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-18 06:29 PM
    I convinced my sister to get herself a Pixel 2 for Christmas when she had enough of her budget LG. I set everything up for her so I know if I didn't want a keyboard I probably would get a Pixel 2 too. Everything just worked. Only complaint would be no micro SD and no headphone jack.
    03-15-18 08:12 PM
    Well... after only a few days I am now on a note 8!! I feel like a kid in a candy store the last couple of days. The pixel was very impressive but I honestly need that headphone jack. If the pixel brought back the headphone jack and offered wireless charging and expandable storage it'd be the perfect smartphone other than the KEYone imo. I loved the pixel launcher. I am using Nova launcher on the note 8!
    03-15-18 11:21 PM
    Furthermore, if I were suggesting an android phone to an iPhone user, I would 100% suggest the pixel. The setup process was easy, and the software is simple. IPhone users have always viewed android to be cluttered and confusing; not with with pixel. I'm a seasoned veteran with android now, and setting up my Note 8 was far more tedious than the pixel- especially with turning off notifications for all the Samsung apps and then setting up Nova launcher the way I like. I could definitely see a Samsung device being frustrating for a first-time android user.
    03-15-18 11:25 PM
    I convinced my sister to get herself a Pixel 2 for Christmas when she had enough of her budget LG. I set everything up for her so I know if I didn't want a keyboard I probably would get a Pixel 2 too. Everything just worked. Only complaint would be no micro SD and no headphone jack.
    No expandable memory and no headphone jack would both be deal-breakers for me, and no pkb is definitely a deal-breaker. The headphone jack is an important tool for small businesses that take credit cards with Square. The unit to swipe credit cards is inserted into the headphone jack. (there are wireless chip readers out there too but from my observation, not many vendors have them). Some people have invested in more elaborate equipment but it is great to be able to use your phone to take credit card payments. This is another reason BlackBerry phones are great for small businesses...Oh, and that dedicated $ sign on the physical keyboard.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 03-17-18 at 12:02 AM.
    03-16-18 11:41 PM
    I have the Pixel 2XL with Blackberry software I pay for every month and just got my s9+ and loaded it with hub and calander and it's awesome as well. Still love my K1 keyboard but between the smaller display and poor reception it was enough to made me compromise. But still run hub on everything I own, completely addicted to the hub I just disable all the Samsung apps and replace them with Blackberry and I get a real centralized communication device.
    03-16-18 11:52 PM
    For those of you still following this thread, I am already back on my KEYone. However, one thing I have noticed these past couple of days, the poor reception of the KEYone is real. I experienced a much stronger signal on both the Pixel 2 XL and the Note 8 in areas where I would struggle for service with the KEYone. I would definitely hope to see an improvement there in the "KEYtwo."

Furthermore, I preferred the Pixel 2 XL over the Note 8. The Note 8 offered extra features like the headphone jack (very important to me), wireless charging, IP68, S Pen, etc. However, the software on the Pixel was much better. I gave the Samsung Experience a shot and it just felt very congested. I don't really find use for the S Pen, a physical keyboard offers much more in terms of productivity. The Note 8 had a fabulous display, but I once again proved to myself that a display on a phone is not that important to me! I don't watch a lot of video or play games whatsoever. This may be beginning to sound like a broken record in the BlackBerry world, but to me a phone has to do communication first before all the other bells and whistles. The Pixel 2 XL and Note 8 had all kinds of bells and whistles, but they are both inferior to my KEYone for what I do most on a smartphone, and that's communication.
    fixit1971 and Sigewif like this.
    03-17-18 12:12 AM
    No expandable memory and no headphone jack would both be deal-breakers for me, and no pkb is definitely a deal-breaker. The headphone jack is an important tool for small businesses that take credit cards with Square. The unit to swipe credit cards is inserted into the headphone jack. (there are wireless chip readers out there too but from my observation, not many vendors have them). Some people have invested in more elaborate equipment but it is great to be able to use your phone to take credit card payments. This is another reason BlackBerry phones are great for small businesses...Oh, and that dedicated $ sign on the physical keyboard.
    I know, I want a keyboard, headphone jack and SD card expansion. But if the day comes that BlackBerry really does die for real and no PKBs exist, no headphone jack will probably be standard by then so I'd probably pick the Pixel *
    03-17-18 07:23 AM
    There are many devices out there that have more horsepower than the KEYone so inherently they run better. What they don't have is the PKB and I don't care how smooth the OS runs without a PKB it might as well be a old-school flip phone. Can't use a VKB as daily driver with the amount of work emails I send on a daily basis. Typos are ridiculous and I don't have the time to re-read and correct emails.
    Sigewif likes this.
    03-17-18 08:55 AM
    Yes, I, Nucks26, lifelong BlackBerry user has now switched to a Pixel 2 XL. Honestly I got a great deal on one on eBay and my intentions were to just sell it for more on Kijiji. However, I’m now on my 2nd day with this device, and I must say I’m really enjoying it.

Firstly, SPEED. This thing is the Dodge Demon of smartphones. It is stupid fast. I’m unsure whether or not I will adjust to a vkb long-term, but for the sake of my BlackBerry brand loyalty, I hope I don’t, lol.

The display is really good. This device took heat for blue tint/burn-in but I really haven’t noticed anything that’s concerning in every day use.

It is only my 2nd day with the device, but battery life has nearly been on-par with my KEYone. That’s really impressive.

My biggest gripe with this device is by far the lack of a headphone jack. There has been multiple instances already where I’ve tried to plug in my headphones like a dummy.

We’ll see what happens long-term! For now, I’m carrying two devices. Some may be wondering why I posted this in CrackBerry and not Android Central. That is because I have been apart of this community for quite a while now to the point where some of the users feel like family! Android Central feels too foreign to me. Anyways, has anyone else used a Pixel 2 XL and a KEYone? Sound off!
    Just switched to the Pixel 2 and like you said it's super fast, I've turned it into a BlackBerry after installing the BlackBerry apps and the BlackBerry VKB. Now that BlackBerry is full Android moving to the Pixel 2 doesnt feel like I've moved on. The Pixel 2 is stock Android, its design, speed and software updates makes this the best phone on the market
    03-17-18 02:56 PM
    There are many devices out there that have more horsepower than the KEYone so inherently they run better. What they don't have is the PKB and I don't care how smooth the OS runs without a PKB it might as well be a old-school flip phone. Can't use a VKB as daily driver with the amount of work emails I send on a daily basis. Typos are ridiculous and I don't have the time to re-read and correct emails.
    I always felt the same about the PKB but BlackBerry VKB is so much better than most VKB that not having a PKB isn't a deal breaker. Not having the bloatware from say Samsung is a bonus plus I don't like glass on the back of my phones I like my phones naked no case for me.
    03-17-18 03:07 PM
    I always felt the same about the PKB but BlackBerry VKB is so much better than most VKB that not having a PKB isn't a deal breaker. Not having the bloatware from say Samsung is a bonus plus I don't like glass on the back of my phones I like my phones naked no case for me.
    VKB does not equal PKB, I don't care who's version it is. If I can't have physical keys they are really incomparable to me. You talk to anyone that really loves the BlackBerry PKB and nothing will do but the BlackBerry PKB. It really comes down to an accuracy thing and autocorrect is what it is, while at times good it's never as accurate as a PKB.
    Sigewif likes this.
    03-17-18 05:49 PM
    VKB does not equal PKB, I don't care who's version it is. If I can't have physical keys they are really incomparable to me. You talk to anyone that really loves the BlackBerry PKB and nothing will do but the BlackBerry PKB. It really comes down to an accuracy thing and autocorrect is what it is, while at times good it's never as accurate as a PKB.
    I totally agree. I have had a PRIV since launch and still use it along side of my KEYone. I almost never use the VKB on my Priv except for symbols. I almost forget it is there even though I have to slide out the keyboard on the PRIV to use it.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-17-18 06:25 PM
    I don't find the missing headphone an issue nor is storage and issues since you pretty much have unlimited photo storage. And every shot I take is insanely good relative to keyone. Grabbed the bt headset for 10$ off amazon from one postings here (spigen). Quite happy with it.
    I have a 64 GB version.
    04-06-18 01:50 AM
    If I were to leave the BlackBerry experience, I would lean to the pixel as well for the timely security updates and the better OS update guarantee. I would require one of the larger storage units as I utilize the SD card for storage. I would like wireless charging on whatever device I would upgrade to.
    04-08-18 11:47 PM
    If I were to leave the BlackBerry experience, I would lean to the pixel as well for the timely security updates and the better OS update guarantee. I would require one of the larger storage units as I utilize the SD card for storage. I would like wireless charging on whatever device I would upgrade to.
    I did add Qi wireless charging using a charging pad that plugs in the usb-c port. The antenna fits between the back of the phone and the Stilgut case that I use. It does create a slight bulge and obviously the plug is always in the charging port. If I want to move/copy data using the port I have to unplug the cable end but it actually is not very inconvenient.
    04-09-18 12:25 AM
    I'm currently trying to decide which two devices to carry with me. I was using an iPhone X and silver Keyone, then changed the Keyone to a Pixel 2 XL, and I just got the black Keyone. I don't know whether to put the iPhone or the Pixel in the drawer lol.
    04-09-18 09:31 AM
    I'm currently trying to decide which two devices to carry with me. I was using an iPhone X and silver Keyone, then changed the Keyone to a Pixel 2 XL, and I just got the black Keyone. I don't know whether to put the iPhone or the Pixel in the drawer lol.
    If you are using KeyOne primarily, then use the iPhone and just sell the Pixel. If you don't need the money anyway, keep the Pixel in the drawer as a backup phone with Android OS.

Posted via my lovely  Z30
    04-09-18 10:30 AM
    Pixel 2 and blackberry suite combination are great! Hub is very smooth like a butter!
    04-09-18 11:52 AM
    I used both pixel 2 and 2 XL. If you're used to pixel 2, keyone will feel slow and laggy. Yes battery life is as good as keyone. Keyone's camera is good but pixel 2 camera is excellent. I really do enjoy silky smooth pixel 2 experience. I wish BlackBerry keyone had snapdragon 835. I am waiting for silky smooth BlackBerry experience.
    Don't you miss the BlackBerry special android sauce? Hub and other things? Those are what tie me to BlackBerry, plus the security rooting...
    04-09-18 10:07 PM
    For those of you still following this thread, I am already back on my KEYone. However, one thing I have noticed these past couple of days, the poor reception of the KEYone is real. I experienced a much stronger signal on both the Pixel 2 XL and the Note 8 in areas where I would struggle for service with the KEYone. I would definitely hope to see an improvement there in the "KEYtwo."

Furthermore, I preferred the Pixel 2 XL over the Note 8. The Note 8 offered extra features like the headphone jack (very important to me), wireless charging, IP68, S Pen, etc. However, the software on the Pixel was much better. I gave the Samsung Experience a shot and it just felt very congested. I don't really find use for the S Pen, a physical keyboard offers much more in terms of productivity. The Note 8 had a fabulous display, but I once again proved to myself that a display on a phone is not that important to me! I don't watch a lot of video or play games whatsoever. This may be beginning to sound like a broken record in the BlackBerry world, but to me a phone has to do communication first before all the other bells and whistles. The Pixel 2 XL and Note 8 had all kinds of bells and whistles, but they are both inferior to my KEYone for what I do most on a smartphone, and that's communication.
    Concerning the reception quality of the KeyOne: is that a function of the phone or your carrier? I am on AT&T and I am always one signal bar less than my husbands IPhone on Verizon. When we traveled to Northern Arizona we had to use the iPhone for navigation after I completely lost service. I have the DTEK 60 and wasn't sure if that was poor quality with my phone or simply being on AT&T.... Is frustrating cause I really hate to go back to Verizon, would prefer the KeyOne Black Edition. Am trying to gain a sense of the trade off of a Keyone on Verizon or one on AT&T...
    04-09-18 10:18 PM
52 123