It's always been a problem, it was with the Passport and I can now see it's still there in the Keyone. Not from the beginning but it is now, annoying, why is swiping extremely easy and painless right and left while swiping up the predicted text in the central area is sometimes such a pain I wonder. Or is it just me?
    10-01-18 09:01 AM
    It's always been a problem, it was with the Passport and I can now see it's still there in the Keyone. Not from the beginning but it is now, annoying, why is swiping extremely easy and painless right and left while swiping up the predicted text in the central area is sometimes such a pain I wonder. Or is it just me?
    What does happen? I know that I sometimes "over-swiped" and hit the back/recent/home keys.
    10-01-18 10:38 AM
    Nothing, nothing at all happens. To get the central word typed I have to click on it like any other stupid Android or iPhone (I think). But this swipe up feature of the BlackBerry is such a great one for typing the same phrases, as I often use it. This central word though is a b1tch.
    10-01-18 11:36 AM
    Yup, I am with you @crowning73. That's certainly a bug that exists both on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ & the KEY².
    10-01-18 11:39 AM
    Mine is normal. So I think is a hardware problem not software.
    10-01-18 12:19 PM
    Mine is normal. So I think is a hardware problem not software.
    Could very well be. There is more than one thread or mention of the issue around here; somehow it never got the attention it deserves.
    10-01-18 12:32 PM
    On my early KEYᴼᴺᴱ PRD-63116-001 the central PKB upswipe inserts the word correctly only if I begin middle row upward while bottom upward doesn't insert the suggested word... on my Priv it works equally across the PKB...
    10-01-18 02:27 PM
    How swiping up keyboard is faster than tapping on the screen? You get extra precision, besides.
    10-01-18 04:18 PM
    It's a trillion times more convenient to swipe. My opinion.

I just wonder how come this central swipe up is problematic only with the predicted text, given that the swipe when browsing or other actions works fine, it means the keyboard is not knackered (I thought it was since at the beginning the central swipe worked flawlessly, I only later saw the same problem I had with the Passport coming up again).
    10-01-18 05:14 PM
    ....I only later saw the same problem I had with the Passport coming up again).
    Wait, are you saying this issue existed on the passport as well?
    10-01-18 05:31 PM
    The issue with swiping up the center suggested word is the spacebar which is not a capacitive key. So if you start swiping on the spacebar and lift your thumb up before sliding across the v.b,g.h,t,y keys the swipe won't register.

The design drawback of the Keyone keyboard is by swiping up starting above the spacebar initially you will end up swiping across the home button. This is not a hardware or software issue but a design issue that requires a different memory process. Practise makes perfect.

P.S. Try swiping down starting at t,y and the screen should scroll down. If it doesn't then it's a hardware issue
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-18 08:46 PM
    The issue with swiping up the center suggested word is the spacebar which is not a capacitive key. So if you start swiping on the spacebar and lift your thumb up before sliding across the v.b,g.h,t,y keys the swipe won't register.

The design drawback of the Keyone keyboard is by swiping up starting above the spacebar initially you will end up swiping across the home button. This is not a hardware or software issue but a design issue that requires a different memory process. Practise makes perfect.

P.S. Try swiping down starting at t,y and the screen should scroll down. If it doesn't then it's a hardware issue
    It happens to me without touching the spacebar at all.
    10-01-18 10:15 PM
    It happens to me without touching the spacebar at all.
    Specifically, what happens to you?
    10-01-18 10:23 PM
    Specifically, what happens to you?
    I swipe up above the spacebar and the middle predicted word won't register; several swipes make it happen eventually, none of which attempts are necessarily different in the way they are performed.
    10-01-18 10:26 PM
    I swipe up above the spacebar and the middle predicted word won't register; several swipes make it happen eventually, none of which attempts are necessarily different in the way they are performed.
    Did you try swiping down from t,y?
    10-01-18 10:32 PM
    Did you try swiping down from t,y?
    Yeah, that works well. So you say if swiping down works then swiping up is a matter of "you are holding it wrong"?
    10-01-18 10:42 PM
    Yeah, that works well. So you say if swiping down works then swiping up is a matter of "you are holding it wrong"?
    Well all I can confirm to you is that if I so much as touch the spacebar while swiping up it will not work 9 times out of 10. Training my thumb to start the swipe on v.b works everytime but occasionally will touch the home button arrggh! Fat fingers, but I wouldn't have that problem on the keytwo.

Good practise is to swipe up diagonally and thus miss the home button,
    10-01-18 10:55 PM
    Well all I can confirm to you is that if I so much as touch the spacebar while swiping up it will not work 9 times out of 10. Training my thumb to start the swipe on v.b works everytime but occasionally will touch the home button arrggh! Fat fingers, but I wouldn't have that problem on the keytwo.
    Well; I am going to start "training" my thumbs accordingly; let's how it goes. Thanks for the guidance!!
    10-01-18 10:59 PM
    Well; I am going to start "training" my thumbs accordingly; let's how it goes. Thanks for the guidance!!
    Try swiping up diagonally. That way you miss the home button.
    10-01-18 11:01 PM
    Ah Ha! Android....sigh.
    10-01-18 11:04 PM
    Same for me for the swiping up. My passport was far better and the Priv also. Ending up typing on the suggestions above sometimes..
    10-02-18 06:15 AM
    I've noticed in the last few weeks that the swipe up isn't working as well as it used to.
    It's now 14 months old!!!!!

The screen keys do get in the way quite a lot, which is annoying.
    10-03-18 09:16 AM
    Wait, are you saying this issue existed on the passport as well?
    It definitely did to me. But not from the beginning, after a while. Exactly the same as it's happening with the Keyone.

Nope. Tried many times. That won't cut it, just makes it easier to get it wrong (choosing the right or left word instead).
    10-03-18 09:24 AM
    But not from the beginning, after a while....
    That's a very interesting observation! Perhaps is it something to do with the keyboard software cache getting caught up in something...does cleaning cache changes this behavior?
    10-03-18 12:48 PM