For my phone use this swipe is too loong and if I'm doing something else and using the phone with one hand I sometimes struggle to swipe up up up and I miss incoming calls, is there an alternative by any chance to set a horizontal swipe or a simple tap?
    11-24-18 04:13 AM
    I think spacebar also answers and ends calls.
    11-24-18 04:29 AM
    No it doesn't on mine.
    If only the green phone icon wasn't jumping up and down that would facilitate the swiping maybe I don't know..
    11-24-18 04:39 AM
    In settings -> accessibility, turn on "Space Key Answers Calls"

You can then double-click to answer.

I have a hard time with the new up/down swipe calling icon as well.

Wish they would bring back the right/left swipe.
    rolfep and wootendw like this.
    11-24-18 08:26 AM
    Oh ok, thanks.
    Yes it's quite awkward for our phone as the keyboard at the bottom also takes space and swiping up from the middle is more cumbersome than for keyboardless phones.
    11-24-18 09:25 AM
    I wish I'd seen this post sooner. Not doing so has cost me $150.

Today my cousin in England called me using his SIM card for cheap international calls. . I kept swiping and swiping but the phone wouldn't answer. I had to call him back. (As we seldom talk, I don't have an international call service with my provider). Our 50-minute conversation will cost $150. Had I been able to answer the call myself, it would have cost my cousin only about £10.
    03-12-19 02:39 PM
    I wish I'd seen this post sooner. Not doing so has cost me $150.

Today my cousin in England called me using his SIM card for cheap international calls. . I kept swiping and swiping but the phone wouldn't answer. I had to call him back. (As we seldom talk, I don't have an international call service with my provider). Our 50-minute conversation will cost $150. Had I been able to answer the call myself, it would have cost my cousin only about £10.
    Sign up for phonepower.com which has a free download of their android app and the calls are free via wifi, faxes too...

Or use whatsapp. Or Duo.
    03-12-19 03:01 PM
    is there any way to apply a skin to the dialer answer display? it is horrible !!
    03-12-19 03:02 PM
    In settings -> accessibility, turn on "Space Key Answers Calls"

You can then double-click to answer.

I have a hard time with the new up/down swipe calling icon as well.

Wish they would bring back the right/left swipe.
    Today even the double tap failed me. Yet it still is activated in the settings.
    Of course the useless swipe didn't work, as usual.
    Result another missed call.
    05-20-19 12:26 PM
    Today even the double tap failed me. Yet it still is activated in the settings.
    Of course the useless swipe didn't work, as usual.
    Result another missed call.
    Are you trying to grab the circle and drag that up? I think it works to just do a quick swipe up on any part of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    RLeeSimon and Smokeaire like this.
    05-20-19 02:19 PM
    Are you trying to grab the circle and drag that up? I think it works to just do a quick swipe up on any part of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Well yes I'm trying to grab the f-ing circle, it's vibrating like saying catch me catch me.. To be honest never even crossed my mind to swipe on the sides or further away from the circle.. I'll practise that.
    05-20-19 02:28 PM
    for my part one thing I have trouble with is refusing to call because the circle is so close to the bottom that it makes you swipe down into the keyboard setting off all kinds of havoc and I wonder if they could put a separate icon divorce used to call ?
    05-20-19 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    After all this time I am so stoked to find out the target drag is unnecessary entirely to answer or to refuse... yippeeee !!

Still learning useful things on CB !!
    05-20-19 04:29 PM