10-05-17 06:12 AM
26 12
tools
    Anyone know if it's possible to make the HUB appear like it did with the PRIV where you swipe up and the the right like it did with the PRIV? I used it every time.
    10-03-17 05:30 PM
    Not with the BlackBerry Launcher, no.
    10-03-17 05:38 PM
    Not with the BlackBerry Launcher, no.
    But didn't the PRIV run the same bb launcher?
    10-03-17 06:25 PM
    But didn't the PRIV run the same bb launcher?
    Yes, but it's different on Nougat 7.1.1.
    10-03-17 06:38 PM
    Darn it! Thanks
    10-03-17 06:39 PM
    I heard of a way you can do that with the Nova Launcher. I heard you could make the hub widget big like a whole page and you could swipe to the right to bring up the hub.

Never tried it for myself though. Guess I'm just lazy lol.
    10-03-17 07:00 PM
    I heard of a way you can do that with the Nova Launcher. I heard you could make the hub widget big like a whole page and you could swipe to the right to bring up the hub.

Never tried it for myself though. Guess I'm just lazy lol.
    Nova isn't worth giving up 52 keyboard shortcuts.
    10-03-17 07:07 PM
    So Nougat is the reason why the swipe features like the ones on DTEKs are missing?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-17 07:54 PM
    Nova isn't worth giving up 52 keyboard shortcuts.
    I disagree, especially if you don't/won't use those shortcuts.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-03-17 08:55 PM
    So Nougat is the reason why the swipe features like the ones on DTEKs are missing?

Posted via CB10
    It would seem it's 7.1.1 - whether by design choice or technical issue.
    10-03-17 09:12 PM
    If you're not wanting to go the Nova route, there is an app called All In One Gestures you might try. You can assign actions to areas on the top, bottom, sides & corners of your screen. I have the left area set to run the full length of the edge of the screen & I made it fully transparent. Whenever I swipe it launches the Hub.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    10-03-17 09:25 PM
    If you're not wanting to go the Nova route, there is an app called All In One Gestures you might try. You can assign actions to areas on the top, bottom, sides & corners of your screen. I have the left area set to run the full length of the edge of the screen & I made it fully transparent. Whenever I swipe it launches the Hub.
    I use it too. I set HUB up to the bottom left corner instead.
    Last edited by conite; 10-03-17 at 10:09 PM.
    10-03-17 09:58 PM
    Anyone know if it's possible to make the HUB appear like it did with the PRIV where you swipe up and the the right like it did with the PRIV? I used it every time.
    You can via this app if you don't mind a little work.
    Attached Thumbnails Swipe up and right for HUB like PRIV?-screenshot_20171003-220404.jpg  
    10-03-17 10:11 PM
    I use it too. I set HUB up to the bottom left corner instead.
    That's a good call. I notice it does sometimes interfere when trying to tap on things in apps, etc., on the left side.
    10-03-17 10:33 PM
    Thanks for the app suggestion for All In One Gestures, just installed it on my device and it works great!
    10-03-17 10:49 PM
    I disagree, especially if you don't/won't use those shortcuts.
    If your not going to use the shortcuts then why get a physical keyboard phone from BlackBerry?

***Hammered out on my Precious (BlackBerry Passport) ***
    10-03-17 11:22 PM
    If your not going to use the shortcuts then why get a physical keyboard phone from BlackBerry?

***Hammered out on my Precious (BlackBerry Passport) ***
    For the keyboard accuracy, security, form factor... etc.
    10-03-17 11:34 PM
    You can always set the hub widget to the full screen size and put it on its own home page (make it home page number 1) and have all the other icons on the other home pages 2 and 3. That way when you swipe to the right you get the hub (the full full screen view of the hub widget), that sounds a bit like what you were wanting?
    10-04-17 09:49 AM
    You can always set the hub widget to the full screen size and put it on its own home page (make it home page number 1) and have all the other icons on the other home pages 2 and 3. That way when you swipe to the right you get the hub (the full full screen view of the hub widget), that sounds a bit like what you were wanting?
    But the gesture above will bring up the HUB from anywhere - not just the home screen.
    10-04-17 09:53 AM
    But the gesture above will bring up the HUB from anywhere - not just the home screen.
    Ah yes, that is much more useful :-)
    10-04-17 09:58 AM
    Thanks for the app suggestion for All In One Gestures, just installed it on my device and it works great!
    Do you worry at all about the permissions it requires?
    10-04-17 11:54 AM
    There is another way to do this with two apps that IMO takes less resources from All In One Gestures and happen to work much more consistently and smooth:

1. Button Remapper
    2. Swiftly Switch

I am not affiliated with any of these; just a 'heavy user' that tried anything under the sun to make this feature happen on my KEYone and finally arrived at safe heaven!

Good luck and feel free to PM if you want a full implementation explanation. At some point when I will have time I will post a 'step by steps'.
    10-04-17 12:04 PM
    Do you worry at all about the permissions it requires?
    According to DTEK, the location permission was only used prior to turning off the ads by paying the fee. So, it's only for the targeting advertising. Camera permission has never been used.
    10-04-17 12:24 PM
    There is another way to do this with two apps that IMO takes less resources from All In One Gestures and happen to work much more consistently and smooth:

1. Button Remapper
    2. Swiftly Switch

I am not affiliated with any of these; just a 'heavy user' that tried anything under the sun to make this feature happen on my KEYone and finally arrived at safe heaven!

Good luck and feel free to PM if you want a full implementation explanation. At some point when I will have time I will post a 'step by steps'.
    I see a few apps named like Swiftly Switch including one "sidebar...." And Pro version. Mind mentioning the developer? Thanks.
    10-04-17 06:28 PM
    I see a few apps named like Swiftly Switch including one "sidebar...." And Pro version. Mind mentioning the developer? Thanks.
    I use Swiftly Switch pro by de-Studio but the standard (free) version will do the trick as well.
    10-04-17 08:00 PM
26 12