Am all of a sudden experiencing a real issue with swipe delete, in that when I swipe left, the predictive input seems to kick in, either changing the word, OR adding another word. Another swipe will add the same word, ad infinitum. M

This is driving me nuts. Have tried a restart but same.

Any advice appreciated.

Edit: the same is occurring with swipe ups, which aren't picking up the suggestions. Rrrrr!
    Last edited by minttea1; 01-29-18 at 05:17 AM.
    01-29-18 12:53 AM
    I have a feeling you have enabled swipe to input on physical keyboard.

Check this System Settings > Languages & Input > Keyboard settings > BlackBerry Keyboard > Type by swiping and check whether it's enabled for physical keyboard or not.

Just a wild guess. Hope that works.
    JunkieXP and C_McD like this.
    01-29-18 07:11 AM
    I have a feeling you have enabled swipe to input on physical keyboard.

Check this System Settings > Languages & Input > Keyboard settings > BlackBerry Keyboard > Type by swiping and check whether it's enabled for physical keyboard or not.

Just a wild guess. Hope that works. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...447013a1d2.jpg
    That might have been the case! Except I decided to clear app cache and it seems to be OK now. Perhaps it cleared the settings at the same time (?).
    01-29-18 07:32 AM
    Cool, good thing is its resolved.
    Perhaps you can enable and see if that was exactly what you were encountering or not.

Cheers.
    01-29-18 07:36 AM
    Hey man, I just wanna say this advice 100% solved my issue

Just bought a Key2 about 2 weeks ago and it this was the #1 reason I kept on using my Note9 instead. Especially since both swiping to delete only worked half the time AND swipe to bring use the suggested words showed my type word with the suggested word together. Eg if i type hello, he(swipe)hello, so it ends up as hehello....

Thanks a ton for the advice !!
    07-06-19 08:49 PM
    Hey man, I just wanna say this advice 100% solved my issue

Just bought a Key2 about 2 weeks ago and it this was the #1 reason I kept on using my Note9 instead. Especially since both swiping to delete only worked half the time AND swipe to bring use the suggested words showed my type word with the suggested word together. Eg if i type hello, he(swipe)hello, so it ends up as hehello....

Thanks a ton for the advice !!
    You’re welcome. I hope you enjoy the device.
    07-08-19 06:29 PM