Screen issue popped last week.
    Got the new phone yesterday and I've been going through Device Transfer.
    Does this process really only transfer Contacts, Calendar, Pics etc?

I went though it last night (took 3-4 hours) and I'm disappointed to see my user settings did not transfer.
    Nor did Apps - they need to be reinstalled manually from my Play Store Library.
    Lastly - I got a message to the tune of "enter your password to use these email accounts" - I hit next and that took me no where. So now I am looking at manually setting those accounts as well (along with notification settings etc.

Am I missing something here?
    09-13-17 03:12 PM
    The apps part is simple. It's the same on any OS. Apple, Google, Microsoft or BlackBerry would require the library to be re-downloaded to new device.
    09-13-17 03:14 PM
    Indeed - of the above that's my smallest complaint.
    You would think there would be some sort of imaging option available (3rd party)

Ultimately I was just thinking there's a couple hundred people that have gone through swaps due to faulty screens - maybe someone stumbled across an easy swap solution?
    09-13-17 03:40 PM
    They're all easy if you've navigated the exchange process for the device itself according to some posts I've read. LOL. Sorry I can't be of more help. Because this involves a common Android device switch problem, I'd recommend checking out related threads on Android Central. If you haven't used before, it's a related Mobile Nations forum and you can use same login. Good luck...
    09-13-17 03:54 PM
    Screen issue popped last week.
    Got the new phone yesterday and I've been going through Device Transfer.
    Does this process really only transfer Contacts, Calendar, Pics etc?

I went though it last night (took 3-4 hours) and I'm disappointed to see my user settings did not transfer.
    Nor did Apps - they need to be reinstalled manually from my Play Store Library.
    Lastly - I got a message to the tune of "enter your password to use these email accounts" - I hit next and that took me no where. So now I am looking at manually setting those accounts as well (along with notification settings etc.

Am I missing something here?
    I just did this last Friday. But it did transfer some stuff. My Wallpaper was restored. But not my home pages (that's the Launcher and someone recently told me that was now backed up and restored but I don't know.)

But my apps were re-installed. It was still going when I went to sleep and most (not sure if all) of my apps were back in the morning.
    09-13-17 05:24 PM
    FF22 - what about notification settings/account colors in the Hub etc?
    09-13-17 06:21 PM
    that's android for you. nothing like old bb10 or bbos
    09-13-17 06:38 PM
    Setup Google to use your Google account and it will backup settings, passwords via smartlock, dictionaries, apps and in the case for certain launchers (like Google now) all you app locations in the launcher. If you do not have this setup then you would need to use the tap and go method
    09-13-17 10:41 PM
    FF22 - what about notification settings/account colors in the Hub etc?
    I had to set that stuff up again. But I have an older OS from April (cdma is still not upgraded) and so they may have made some changes in what is backed up and restored. But I don't know for sure.
    09-14-17 01:13 AM