07-15-17 12:14 PM
32 12
tools
    Unfortunately the search is internal phone only, it doesn't automatically fire up Google Search.
    If you scroll down to the bottom of the "internal" search results, to the Extended Search section, then select "Internet" it will then fire up the google search results in your default browser.

Not the same as immediately going directly to google search results, but it does get you there without needing the search bar widget on your home screen.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-14-17 03:35 PM
    If you scroll down to the bottom of the "internal" search results, to the Extended Search section, then select "Internet" it will then fire up the google search results in your default browser.

Not the same as immediately going directly to google search results, but it does get you there without needing the search bar widget on your home screen.
    Thanks again. I just tried that, I guess I'll keep the search bar on the home screen or move it to the second half page. Using the bar is faster. Not what I want but it works.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    07-14-17 04:33 PM
    I enjoy it using device search for launching apps I need. Other than the moment of delay, all letters show up in search, along with the app I'm looking for. Why would you need to scroll lists for a 'simpler' app? I thought the stock calculator was 'simple'. Sometimes too simple, with it could convert. Then again, I'll extend search and google conversions lol
    07-14-17 05:51 PM
    I thought the stock calculator was 'simple'. Sometimes too simple, with it could convert.
    I've replaced the stock calculator (which is very much "too simple" -- to the point up "unhelpful") with an app called "Simple Calculator" because it the buttons color-coded similarly to the BB10 calculator, plus an app called "Equate" that does unit conversions.

URLs to both apps are in this thread, if you're interested: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12957651
    07-14-17 05:58 PM
    I use it mostly for a few apps like banking, spotify and a few more
    07-14-17 06:15 PM
    I don't see how searching through apps I much different than swiping through screens of icons, folders or not. I tend to remember where they are on the screen after a while and don't have to physically read everyone. What is different with Android? I realize there may be no folders, but I still swipe in BB10 through pages to find things.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 07:00 PM
    How about a long press that would populate the predictive text options with your top three apps for each key - all that would be required would be a simple swipe to launch. Keeps the whole experience in the keyboard. Not as extensive as your folder concept but probably doable and leverages the keyboard tech in a unique manner.
    neefer likes this.
    07-15-17 12:14 PM
32 12