Dammit BlackBerry! Why couldn't you solve the app gap? I mean could you imagine BB10 with an up-to-date ART with full Google Play Services support? It boggles the mind!
    BlackBerry did try to solve the app gap, which is why a BlackBerry Passport running Android exists. If you read the article from MobileSyrup.com, supposedly BlackBerry and Google were working side by side to make core Android apps work in the 1:1 aspect ratio but they gave up on it.

After going through this entire thread, I can say that I would definitely support the BlackBerry Mercury, I'd hate for it to have useless non-ergonomic curved edges, 3,400 mAh battery sounds good and I hope to heck that it has a RGB notification. Since this is the last BlackBerry designed device, there's no excuse for it not to have one. The Galaxy Note 5 had one dammit!

Get it right BlackBerry!
    Avenzuno likes this.
    10-10-16 07:46 AM
    [QUOTE=Bla1ze;12614520]Getting sick of this question. That's the wrong question. Every phone is outsourced, technically. Do you think BlackBerry built the Leap, Z3, Classic, Priv? No. They didn't. They were all outsourced. Designed by BlackBerry. Outsourced to others to be built. DTEK50/60
    Bla1ze, your head must be getting sore, beating it against the wall.... If my aging memory serves me correctly, the last in house manufactured BlackBerries were those made in Canada ones..... and I can't even remember the numbers. But they don't seem to get the difference between designed in house, and outsources designs. oh well.
    10-11-16 01:43 AM
    Well we get it. The post he answered was mine. I asked if the design was outsourced also. I work in a manufacturing plant so I really don't think I need lecturing about outsourcing I guess .
    khlover520 likes this.
    10-11-16 04:06 AM
    People didn't buy Blackberry phones because they didn't even know that the company exist. In the country I live in you can't buy a Blackberry direct in a store. No one is selling Blackberrys cellphones and they have no commercials or advertising at all so people don't know about them. That's the big reason that Blackberry isn't selling so many phones. If Blackberry had spent some money on advertisement then they would be selling a lot of cellphones.
    10-19-16 01:54 PM
    People didn't buy Blackberry phones because they didn't even know that the company exist. In the country I live in you can't buy a Blackberry direct in a store. No one is selling Blackberrys cellphones and they have no commercials or advertising at all so people don't know about them. That's the big reason that Blackberry isn't selling so many phones. If Blackberry had spent some money on advertisement then they would be selling a lot of cellphones.
    It's true that a lack of marketing hurt their overall sales, but the bigger problem was that they just couldn't afford to advertise.

I kind of wish BlackBerry could have followed Apple's model a little more and just make one device a year. THE BlackBerry. Maybe they could have advertised that one device with a better focus, without worrying about funds vs advertising 4 different devices, and generated more overall sales?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 10:24 PM
    I will buy it, unless they screw it up big time, which they are very capable of doing.
    A nice keyboard classic style, a normal sized phone that fits in a pocket that does it for me.
    If BB had built the mercury a couple of years back, they would still be in the hardware business today, in stead of experimenntin with crazy ideas work wide, work slide, work diagonally or whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-20-16 04:52 AM
    I will buy it, unless they screw it up big time, which they are very capable of doing.
    A nice keyboard classic style, a normal sized phone that fits in a pocket that does it for me.
    If BB had built the mercury a couple of years back, they would still be in the hardware business today, in stead of experimenntin with crazy ideas work wide, work slide, work diagonally or whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport came out with BB10 the design wasn't so much the problem as was the OS.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-20-16 05:02 AM
    The Passport came out with BB10 the design wasn't so much the problem as was the OS.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    The size turned off many people, I amongst them. Back then, whatsup wasn't an issue. A lot of Q10 (and maybe BB7) users held off.
    A phone is more than just the OS and apps in my opinion. It is also how it feels in your hands, how easily you carry it in your pocket (especially men) and so on.
    Anyways, easy for me say with the hindsight.. I could be wrong.
    10-20-16 05:25 AM
    The size turned off many people, I amongst them. Back then, whatsup wasn't an issue. A lot of Q10 (and maybe BB7) users held off.
    A phone is more than just the OS and apps in my opinion. It is also how it feels in your hands, how easily you carry it in your pocket (especially men) and so on.
    Classic did come out very shortly for those people

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-20-16 06:28 AM
    I wasn't sure about the Passport form factor. I got an offer I couldn't refuse. So I gave it a try, knowing I still had my Q10. But I loved it and I still do.
    10-20-16 07:26 AM
    I need a new phone and I desperately want a ppse but with current bb10 situation I don't think that's a good idea at all. Priv tempted me but since I've heard about the mercury, I think if it ever gets released,its gonna be the best blackberry phone in years. I'm surely gonna buy one as soon as it gets released.

The Living Legend- Babbu Maan.
    10-20-16 10:16 AM
    I don't see the value of the DTEK phones. They look so plain and nothing is really outstanding on these things. Sure you can say security, but in reality, most people don't care much.

But I'm definetly buying a Mercury because it's basically an Android Passport slimmed down. Unless they totally screw it up, I'm pretty much pre-ordering once it's available
    Alex Chumney likes this.
    10-20-16 11:34 AM
    I think the iconic feature will be the fingerprint reader notification light space bar!

Glass physical keys instead of plastic...

Shut up and take my money!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 12:19 PM
188 ... 678