Contract prices are unknown plus the contract price depends on the type of contract you have to purchase. For Canadians it might be pricey with the dollar tanking this year
    It's been published 199 on contract in Canada from Rogers bell and telus
    04-30-17 08:43 PM
    Yes but on contract it's more expensive
    It's not released in the US, so you have no idea whether or not it will be available via carriers and, if so, how much it will be. You're making things up, and then making decisions based on your imaginary "facts".

It's common for manufacturers to replace what the carriers used to do with monthly payments. Do you have any specific information that TCL will NOT do this?

Right now, absolutely everything about the US launch is up in the air. No facts exist, outside of TCL saying "May 31 availability".
    04-30-17 08:43 PM
    It's not released in the US, so you have no idea whether or not it will be available via carriers and, if so, how much it will be. You're making things up, and then making decisions based on your imaginary "facts".

It's common for manufacturers to replace what the carriers used to do with monthly payments. Do you have any specific information that TCL will NOT do this?

Right now, absolutely everything about the US launch is up in the air. No facts exist, outside of TCL saying "May 31 availability".
    Again it's has been published already 199 from Canadian carriers rogers telus and Bell. Those three carriers were confirmed more than a month ago . So we do know it's more expensive locked from a carrier
    lionhearted likes this.
    04-30-17 08:46 PM
    Hi Mercedes, we appreciate your interest in the BlackBerry KEYone. The device goes on sale starting May 31st in the U.S and Canada. Users in the region who have registered at BlackBerryMobile.com will get specific purchasing details sent to them as we approach availability toward the end of May.
    BlackBerry® KEYone
    The new BlackBerry KEYone, Powered by Android
    blackberrymobile.us
    Like1More · Thursday at 9:45pm
    Mercedes Green
    I have been registered since February and have not received one email from your company. I have to do my own searches to find out about the delays because you're not communicating with us. It also says we can pre-order on May 18th but no details.
    Edited · LikeMore · Thursday at 9:58pm
    BlackBerry Mobile
    Mercedes Green We can confirm that the BlackBerry KEYone will go on-sale in the U.S. starting on May 31. This will include both GSM and CDMA unlocked variants, with the BlackBerry KEYone also coming to additional carriers – including Sprint – later this summer. We’ll have further details to share as we get closer to the end of May. Your feedback is valued thank you for reaching out for clarification on today's announcements.
    LikeMore · Thursday at 10:06pm
    Mercedes Green
    I'm from Canada....So that implies we can't get an unlocked version and only the US can?
    Edited · LikeMore · Thursday at 10:21pm
    BlackBerry Mobile
    SIM free unlocked options will be available. We understand that some users just want to purchase the device outright and take it to the service provider of their choice.
    Disappointing that the replies look standard scripting, nothing personal and nothing to note you Canadian

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    lionhearted likes this.
    04-30-17 08:47 PM
    Only in your opinion. Many put more value into a PKB that a VKB.
    That's what I said.....

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 09:31 PM
    That's what I said.....

Posted via CB10
    Actually you said "pay extra". People that see value in a product think they are paying less and getting more for their money. So no you didn't say that.
    04-30-17 09:36 PM
    Actually you said "pay extra". People that see value in a product think they are paying less and getting more for their money. So no you didn't say that.
    I'm saying they're willing to pay more for a PKB...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 09:39 PM
    I'm saying they're willing to pay more for a PKB...

Posted via CB10
    But they are not paying more if they see value. They are actually paying less.
    04-30-17 09:41 PM
    Paying more or less is factual. The value is perception. If the phone costs more, it costs more. If you pay more, then you pay a greater amount. Just accept you misunderstood what I wrote. It's OK if English isn't your first language.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 09:44 PM
    Paying more or less is factual. The value is perception. If the phone costs more, it costs more. If you pay more, then you pay a greater amount. Just accept you misunderstood what I wrote. It's OK if English isn't your first language.

Posted via CB10
    If someone buys the KEYone then they see value for their money which means "more for less"
    Also, we in Canada learn English from the British and continue to do so; but after this I'm sure you speak American. It is clear you don't understand what value means in monetary terms. Once again, value means getting more for your money and not "pay more"

From actual English dictionaries:
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/value

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict.../english/value
    04-30-17 10:02 PM
    If someone buys the KEYone then they see value for their money which means "more for less"
    Also, we in Canada learn English from the British and continue to do so; but after this I'm sure you speak American. It is clear you don't understand what value means in monetary terms. Once again, value means getting more for your money and not "pay more"

From a real English dictionary:
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/value
    Where you seem to be having a problem comprehending my English, my original comment was not about value but, price, to original comments by person regarding price. Neither that person or myself were discussing value (real or perceived), just the actual price. My comment is simply, if you want a PKB, you have to pay more or extra for PKB in actual dollars. This is where I can tell English isn't your first language, since you're not picking up on the nuances of the English language, American or British. If you'd like to discuss the English language more, let's open a new thread in the appropriate heading, where I can help you more with my native language.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 10:16 PM
    BUT, in time all will be well and we we tell our great grandkids about "The Great Wait" we endured.
    Hahaha that would be awesome... children, now that the power is down due to a hurricane, let me tell you about the hard times I endured during "The Great Wait" ... it was such a painful time for every living being, when two rivals tribes faced each other: the impatients and the waiters... they fought for years for the control of the CrackBerryland, rich of splendid artifacts, among them the most elusive of all, so elusive that needed several launches to get in orbit, the KEYone... such a magical craft was meant to unite the crackberrians, but it was cursed... only few survived, and those who did, including me, were never the same after...
    Last edited by gallopiton; 05-01-17 at 08:28 AM.
    04-30-17 10:36 PM
    Where you seem to be having a problem comprehending my English, my original comment was not about value but, price, to original comments by person regarding price. Neither that person or myself were discussing value (real or perceived), just the actual price. My comment is simply, if you want a PKB, you have to pay more or extra for PKB in actual dollars. This is where I can tell English isn't your first language, since you're not picking up on the nuances of the English language, American or British. If you'd like to discuss the English language more, let's open a new thread in the appropriate heading, where I can help you more with my native language.

Posted via CB10

Yep, there is your ignorance. I was being sarcastic about "speaking American" as there is no such thing; however you seem to think so.
    As soon as you said "pay extra" (pay more) without elaboration you put less value on KEYone. Otherwise you should have said "you are paying more for KEYone but you are definitely getting what you pay for" but you don't believe that do you? Thus you Value it less, correct?

I'm actually laughing now at you not understanding the difference. I am also not surprised as you default to saying as a defence I don't speak English as a first language.
    Yes, in Canada we spell Colour like the Brits that way and not Color. we say Z (Zed) not Z (Zee). We spell it Cheque and not Check.
    So do me a favour (not favor) and don't assume English is not my first language as that is bordering discrimination.

Your original quote below on first page of this thread that started this. There is no misunderstanding.
    Take care. This phone is only for people that want to pay extra for a PKB anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 04-30-17 at 11:19 PM.
    04-30-17 10:52 PM
    Yep, there is your ignorance. I was being sarcastic about "speaking American" as there is no such thing; however you seem to think so.
    As soon as you said "pay more" without elaboration you put less value on KEYone. Otherwise you should have said "you are paying more for KEYone but you are definitely getting what you pay for" but you don't believe that do you? Thus you Value it less, correct?

I'm actually laughing now at you not understanding the difference. I am also not surprised as you default to saying as a defence I don't speak English as a first language.
    Yes, in Canada we spell Colour like the Brits that way and not Color. we say Z (Zed) not Z (zee). We spell it Cheque and not Check.
    So do me a favour (not favor) and don't assume English is not my first language as that is bordering discrimination.
    Not sure why you keep going on about value. I'm very much in agreement with you that I think it's a good value for a phone especially if you want a PKB. What I don't understand is how you don't comprehend I wasn't discussing value, simply price with other poster.

Obviously, we don't use or have the same vernacular here with American English and most Canadians understand this. If English is your first language, then for some other reason you want to argue regarding my original comment. Since I never mentioned anything in my original comment in regards to your reply, I can only conclude something "lost in translation" and I'd love to debate with you. However, regarding my American English vernacular, if one pays in actual monies a greater numerical dollar amount for something compared to numerical dollar amount paid for something else in a lesser amount, we say paid paid more or extra. This is simply put here in USA, if retailer says price of A is X and B is Y, with X>Y, I will pay X if A is to become my device and I will have paid more in actual dollars from everyone's perspective as shown via receipts and sales records. Notice, value is not part of the legal exchange terms.

So in conclusion, thanks for pointing out, the spelling differences between British and American English (vernacular). Kindly remember, us ignorant Americans don't care to over think everything. I mean no one needs us simpletons down here. Luckily, with the value of the KEYone being what you say, you won't pay more for it that I will here.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 11:40 PM
    Not sure why you keep going on about value. I'm very much in agreement with you that I think it's a good value for a phone especially if you want a PKB. What I don't understand is how you don't comprehend I wasn't discussing value, simply price with other poster.

Obviously, we don't use or have the same vernacular here with American English and most Canadians understand this. If English is your first language, then for some other reason you want to argue regarding my original comment. Since I never mentioned anything in my original comment in regards to your reply, I can only conclude something "lost in translation" and I'd love to debate with you. However, regarding my American English vernacular, if one pays in actual monies a greater numerical dollar amount for something compared to numerical dollar amount paid for something else in a lesser amount, we say paid paid more or extra. This is simply put here in USA, if retailer says price of A is X and B is Y, with X>Y, I will pay X if A is to become my device and I will have paid more in actual dollars from everyone's perspective as shown via receipts and sales records. Notice, value is not part of the legal exchange terms.

So in conclusion, thanks for pointing out, the spelling differences between British and American English (vernacular). Kindly remember, us ignorant Americans don't care to over think everything. I mean no one needs us simpletons down here. Luckily, with the value of the KEYone being what you say, you won't pay more for it that I will here.

Posted via CB10
    The fact you assumed English was not my first language is what was insulting and very arrogant.
    Because I disagree with you about perceived value you defaulted to insult.
    You said this in original post:
    Take care. This phone is only for people that want to pay extra for a PKB anyway.
    Posted via CB10
    You just assume people want to "pay extra" for PBK. Nobody wants to pay extra but you don't see that reasoning. Value is in the eye of the beholder in this case and obviously you don't see that. Nobody, that sees value believes they are paying more than something comparable. What is comparable to KEYone? So how can you pay extra?
    I will continue to quote your original post in this thread so all here can see how it says "pay extra" for PBK. Most buying KEYone including myself don't think we are paying extra as there is nothing to compare it to. But you don't think I speak English (your American English, whatever that is) so I must not understand. I'm just referencing your original post in this thread which is quoted above. You just assume if not understood your way we must not speak English as a first language.
    You now realize the need to elaborate in posts when there is no frame of reference in this case of your original post. Also for reference:
    Just accept you misunderstood what I wrote. It's OK if English isn't your first language.
    Posted via CB10
    Where you seem to be having a problem comprehending my English, . This is where I can tell English isn't your first language, since you're not picking up on the nuances of the English language, American or British. If you'd like to discuss the English language more, let's open a new thread in the appropriate heading, where I can help you more with my native language.

Posted via CB10
    By the way, I never called any Americans ignorant (just you) or simpletons. Again, there you go with the condescending comments.
    I'm sure most reading this think this is ridiculous but see you as arrogant and ignorant for your English as first language comments.
    Lets just agree to disagree that you said "pay extra for PBK" with nothing to compare to and I think "pay fair with PBK" with nothing to compare to for KEYone .
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-01-17 at 12:40 AM.
    05-01-17 12:19 AM
    I'm just super cranky for having to wait.
    Maybe you should head over to the beer thread if you havent done so already :-)
    05-01-17 02:05 AM
    The fact you assumed English was not my first language is what was insulting and very arrogant.
    Because I disagree with you about perceived value you defaulted to insult.
    You said this in original post:

You just assume people want to "pay extra" for PBK. Nobody wants to pay extra but you don't see that reasoning. Value is in the eye of the beholder in this case and obviously you don't see that. Nobody, that sees value believes they are paying more than something comparable. What is comparable to KEYone? So how can you pay extra?
    I will continue to quote your original post in this thread so all here can see how it says "pay extra" for PBK. Most buying KEYone including myself don't think we are paying extra as there is nothing to compare it to. But you don't think I speak English (your American English, whatever that is) so I must not understand. I'm just referencing your original post in this thread which is quoted above. You just assume if not understood your way we must not speak English as a first language.
    You now realize the need to elaborate in posts when there is no frame of reference in this case of your original post. Also for reference:

By the way, I never called any Americans ignorant (just you) or simpletons. Again, there you go with the condescending comments.
    I'm sure most reading this think this is ridiculous but see you as arrogant and ignorant for your English as first language comments.
    Lets just agree to disagree that you said "pay extra for PBK" with nothing to compare to and I think "pay fair with PBK" with nothing to compare to for KEYone .
    I wasn't replying to you in my original comment. I wasn't making a general post about value, real or perceived. I was replying to a specific person's specific comments about specific devices they felt were cheaper and were available now. They're paying extra, in their mind, by their comments. I'm saying, that's OK, if THEY, feel it's extra because, if they or anyone else wants the device, they have to pay whatever the price is, since there is no PKB competition. Doesn't matter why or what, that's just how things are.

As far as you feel insulted, that's OK. I'm here in Florida and I have to hear Canadians (mostly French Canadians) go on and complain about how ignorant me and my fellow Americans can be for so many things. I'm grateful for the ones who come here and spend their money and just accept things how they are here, like we do. The ones, like you, who are trying so hard to have only enlightened conversations with people and want to debate your misunderstanding of what I said to someone else, please, don't think when you're having a conversation with me, that I'm going to be politically correct. That's what I love about being American, we can vigorously have and voice opinions. It's not ignorance, but a mixture of confidence mixed with arrogance. Ignorance would be not being aware of what I said. I know what I said, and when you're here in Florida, I gladly take your money. But like I tell my Canadian snowbirds, if you don't like it here, go somewhere else. Like the KEYone, Florida doesn't have any real competition if you like warm temperatures in the Winter.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 07:15 AM
    I wasn't replying to you in my original comment. I wasn't making a general post about value, real or perceived. I was replying to a specific person's specific comments about specific devices they felt were cheaper and were available now. They're paying extra, in their mind, by their comments. I'm saying, that's OK, if THEY, feel it's extra because, if they or anyone else wants the device, they have to pay whatever the price is, since there is no PKB competition. Doesn't matter why or what, that's just how things are.

As far as you feel insulted, that's OK. I'm here in Florida and I have to hear Canadians (mostly French Canadians) go on and complain about how ignorant me and my fellow Americans can be for so many things. I'm grateful for the ones who come here and spend their money and just accept things how they are here, like we do. The ones, like you, who are trying so hard to have only enlightened conversations with people and want to debate your misunderstanding of what I said to someone else, please, don't think when you're having a conversation with me, that I'm going to be politically correct. That's what I love about being American, we can vigorously have and voice opinions. It's not ignorance, but a mixture of confidence mixed with arrogance. Ignorance would be not being aware of what I said. I know what I said, and when you're here in Florida, I gladly take your money. But like I tell my Canadian snowbirds, if you don't like it here, go somewhere else. Like the KEYone, Florida doesn't have any real competition if you like warm temperatures in the Winter.

Posted via CB10
    There is no misunderstanding of your original comment or your discrimination comment. I would have ignored you completely after a couple of responses but the ignorance of your English as a first language comments can not be ignored.
    Posted via CB10
    Just accept you misunderstood what I wrote. It's OK if English isn't your first language.
    Posted via CB10
    Where you seem to be having a problem comprehending my English, . This is where I can tell English isn't your first language, since you're not picking up on the nuances of the English language, American or British. If you'd like to discuss the English language more, let's open a new thread in the appropriate heading, where I can help you more with my native language.

Posted via CB10
    If anyone calls you ignorant it is because they think you are uneducated about anything that exists outside the US. And this seems to be the case with your English not a first language comments. I did not misunderstand your first post either and the 6 that followed. I see why French and English Canadians see you the way you are personally (not other Americans) as you admit.

Regardless, this is now a dumb thread and you could have stopped this by just admitting your first post was completely vague and apologize for the ignorant comments. What's funny is you see nothing wrong with either and that explains everything.
    05-01-17 07:46 AM
    There is no misunderstanding of your original comment or your discrimination comment. I would have ignored you completely after a couple of responses but the ignorance of your English as a first language comments can not be ignored.

If anyone calls you ignorant it is because they think you are uneducated about anything that exists outside the US. And this seems to be the case with your English not a first language comments. I did not misunderstand your first post either and the 6 that followed. I see why French and English Canadians see you the way you are personally (not other Americans) as you admit.

Regardless, this is now a dumb thread and you could have stopped this by just admitting your first post was completely vague and apologize for the ignorant comments. What's funny is you see nothing wrong with either and that explains everything.
    It's OK. We can still be friends.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 08:15 AM
    05-01-17 08:23 AM
    05-01-17 08:52 AM
    So what are the odds that May 18, 2017, which is tomorrow and is supposed to be when we can pre-order in Canada that 1) We don't get an email and 2) That it's postponed again, without an email.
    05-17-17 01:06 PM
    So what are the odds that May 18, 2017, which is tomorrow and is supposed to be when we can pre-order in Canada that 1) We don't get an email and 2) That it's postponed again, without an email.
    That's the big question. BlackBerry Mobile can't control what carriers do in terms of pre-orders, but it would hope at least one has a pre-order page working by tomorrow.

Here is the US, I'd like to see a pre-order page up on BlackBerry Mobile soon, but I don't know if they've ever sold direct to consumers before, so it may not happen.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-17-17 01:33 PM
    I'm not relying on my carrier. Blackberry Mobile themselves announced pre-orders for May 18th which is supposed to be UNlocked versions.
    05-17-17 01:35 PM
    That's the big question. BlackBerry Mobile can't control what carriers do in terms of pre-orders, but it would hope at least one has a pre-order page working by tomorrow.

Here is the US, I'd like to see a pre-order page up on BlackBerry Mobile soon, but I don't know if they've ever sold direct to consumers before, so it may not happen.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I would think listing direct sale in USA hurts chances for still landing USA carrier.
    05-17-17 01:35 PM
62 123