I just have to share it with someone - in May I bought the keyone (base silver version) and I was not 100% happy with its speed, while it is the most powerful phone spec-wise I have ever owned, still it was bit sluggish - yeah I guess the thing every reviewer was warning us about.

About a week or two ago I have got the OTA Oreo update and it almost got even worse - not unusable, but it started in to get annoying.

And suddenly, overnight, without any other updates I would know about, no apps installed or uninstalled and this morning the phone is super smooth nothing I have ever experienced with it. Possibility not even when I had it brand new.

For instance I never could write instantly the whole name of app when opening app draw (the automatic search/ filter) because it would not register the second letter I had to wait for the refresh after the first letter - now suddenly I can type the whole name of the app at once and the phone keeps up.

Weird... But awesome, now it's everything I wanted it to be - I don't play hw demanding games and everything else works smooth now. I just know now that it is smooth with longer loadings (which is fine with me) other than fast loads with weird lags and freezes and such.

Just had to get it out. I just hope it will stick. And if this was just the Oreo update settling in, than it was worth the overall wait for the new(er) android version.
    10-10-18 01:32 AM
    Awesome Enjoy!
    10-10-18 03:21 AM
    WRT Blackberry, I've only had a Q10 and Keyone SE. The idea of the device "settling" after system updates and becoming more responsive is one of the legends @ Crackberry. There might be something to that. I'm not happy with Oreo but some aspects seemed to have smoothed out for me over a longer period than I noticed on the Q10. FWIW.
    10-10-18 08:14 AM
    I don't believe in "settling" when it comes to software. At least, not more than 10 minutes.

If I run into issues after the first 30 minutes of a fresh update, I reboot. If it continues, I factory reset. I'm not going to wait days to figure out that I need to reset anyway.
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    10-10-18 10:28 AM
    I've been told that it can take a while for an update to settle in. Initially I've seen a fresh update cause some weird things to happen but after a few reboots it helps to iron itself out. It is possible that the phone randomly rebooted overnight? That could be the finally one it needed.

Hope it's smooth sailing from here.
    10-10-18 11:25 AM
    I do believe in "settling" , only because of the severely connected and bloated nature of everything these days.

It takes a lot of uploading and downloading to fully sync everything, all apps, app data, text messages, photos, etc. And who knows what kind of massive spying and data-stealing Google play services needs to do after a fresh install.

Plus the cache needs to be built up. All those contact photos in every app need to be re-downloaded before they will render smoothly and quickly for example.

So I think the "settling" process can take up to a few days. Especially due to the Android doze feature which limits background processes when the device is locked. All of that caching and syncing and spying only runs full-force when you're using the device, which makes everything run like crap until it is done.
    10-12-18 01:25 AM
    I do believe in "settling" , only because of the severely connected and bloated nature of everything these days.

It takes a lot of uploading and downloading to fully sync everything, all apps, app data, text messages, photos, etc. And who knows what kind of massive spying and data-stealing Google play services needs to do after a fresh install.

Plus the cache needs to be built up. All those contact photos in every app need to be re-downloaded before they will render smoothly and quickly for example.

So I think the "settling" process can take up to a few days. Especially due to the Android doze feature which limits background processes when the device is locked. All of that caching and syncing and spying only runs full-force when you're using the device, which makes everything run like crap until it is done.
    I don't feel like waiting for stuff to load/download is an issue, though. That should be done and over with within the first 30 minutes (considering download/installing apps, then running and setting them up one-by-one)

I'm talking, like, system apps crashing or things like that. If I can't open my camera after 10 minutes, and there's no update for the camera, then I'm doing a reboot / factory reset, for example.
    10-12-18 11:30 AM