Canadian carriers have the keyone in stock already..

Went to the mall today, and figured I had 15 minutes to kill so I went to Telus first.. Asked about the keyone and they didn't know anything, period. Didn't even know about the phone. *sigh*

Second up, Bell.. They had one in stock, dude knew about the phone and actually grabbed it to try to sell me it but they couldn't because of the system not having a price (again, *sigh*). He did say the other store in the same city had 6

Then Rogers, they had 7 and were not reservation units but again couldn't sell me the phone. Ugh, why?!

Just an update.. Stores have had stock for almost a week.. Since Monday.. Yet blackberry mobile and/or carriers refuse to sell early (which I cannot understand as to why..)

Check your local stores to see if maybe you have better luck than I do, if you want a carrier version..
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-27-17 01:43 AM
    Wow that's crazy. I hate that they do this, but 7 or 6 units available? That shows how much availability is going to be. Great!
    krzyabn likes this.
    05-27-17 03:55 AM
    Let's hope there's an update for the phone before the 31st for a bit more polish.
    krzyabn likes this.
    05-27-17 06:46 AM
    Wow that's crazy. I hate that they do this, but 7 or 6 units available? That shows how much availability is going to be. Great!
    Most preorders ever !
    krzyabn and Plazmic Flame like this.
    05-27-17 06:50 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    They are ready to go as they have said all along...may 31....

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 06:55 AM
    They are ready to go as they have said all along...may 31....

Posted via CB10
    Was hoping they would sell early, I don't see why they wouldn't though.. Have in stock but not for sale? Sounds stupid to me..
    05-27-17 08:25 AM
    Most preorders ever !
    don't pull over for un authentic news!!

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    05-27-17 08:29 AM
    Was hoping they would sell early, I don't see why they wouldn't though.. Have in stock but not for sale? Sounds stupid to me..
    Embargo is a thing.
    05-27-17 08:41 AM
    It may sound "stupid" to a consumer, but for all the businesses involved it makes sense to agree to wait for the official release date before any sales are allowed.
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-27-17 09:19 AM
    But is telus even going to offer it to consumers 31st? Seems like such a cluster fxck.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-27-17 11:49 AM
    But is telus even going to offer it to consumers 31st? Seems like such a cluster fxck.
    Of course they will. They are in the cell phone business. They will have 6 or 7 in stock as well

Black Passport and Blue Classic
    05-27-17 12:02 PM
    I went to my local Bell store and yes they have some stock. manged to put one on hold for Wednesday. They can't release them yet because new pricing starts May 31st. nice phone but keyboard is smaller than I was expecting. I will probably get used to it over time.
    05-27-17 01:14 PM
    Because they would be in violation of their agreement with BBM. It's the same reason movie theatres can't show a movie before it's release date without permission, even though the film or digital files are delivered ahead of time.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-27-17 01:28 PM
    I went to my local Bell store and yes they have some stock. manged to put one on hold for Wednesday. They can't release them yet because new pricing starts May 31st. nice phone but keyboard is smaller than I was expecting. I will probably get used to it over time.
    Same keyboard size as the priv and I got used to that pretty quick, sold the phone after 3 months sure to let heating. You'll get used to it as well!
    05-27-17 01:39 PM
    Just called two Telus stores and neither of them knew what a keyone was let alone having any in stock. Telus dropped the ball..
    05-27-17 01:40 PM
    Same keyboard size as the priv and I got used to that pretty quick, sold the phone after 3 months sure to let heating. You'll get used to it as well!
    Good to know. I've used the passport and classic but KEYone is definitely smaller. I'm sure it will be fine.
    krzyabn likes this.
    05-27-17 01:43 PM
    Just called two Telus stores and neither of them knew what a keyone was let alone having any in stock. Telus dropped the ball..
    Call Telus on Wed, they assured me that even if it's only available to business, they would do their best to get it for consumers on a case by case basis. But they were hoping management would see fit to offer it to consumers as well.
    05-27-17 01:44 PM
    Bell and Rogers at Yorkdale have stock but neither would sell me one. Rogers did let me try a demo, though. It felt solid but two things were concerning:

1. The screen was pretty dim at max brightness. But, it was upgrading apps in the background and the battery was low, so I wonder if it dimmed to save battery.

2. The space bar had a loud click to it when pressing vs the rest of the keys. Can anyone confirm if this is normal? I wonder if it has to do with the fingerprint sensor built it. Sounded odd.

Other than that, it felt solid.
    05-27-17 01:47 PM
    Bell and Rogers at Yorkdale have stock but neither would sell me one. Rogers did let me try a demo, though. It felt solid but two things were concerning:

1. The screen was pretty dim at max brightness. But, it was upgrading apps in the background and the battery was low, so I wonder if it dimmed to save battery.

2. The space bar had a loud click to it when pressing vs the rest of the keys. Can anyone confirm if this is normal? I wonder if it has to do with the fingerprint sensor built it. Sounded odd.

Other than that, it felt solid.
    Display is dim, period. You'll get used to it though.. Buddy has the s8+ but only uses it at around 25% brightness.. Which is more dim than the keyone at 100% brightness.

I noticed that with the keyboard as well, something we'll get used too.
    05-27-17 01:54 PM
    Display is dim, period. You'll get used to it though.. Buddy has the s8+ but only uses it at around 25% brightness.. Which is more dim than the keyone at 100% brightness.

I noticed that with the keyboard as well, something we'll get used too.
    To be honest, the clicking was annoying and I don't think that's something you can get used to since it's a sound you hear every other word. Hmmm.
    05-27-17 02:02 PM
    They're not stupid. If it makes sense to start selling to consumers, they will. They just want to gauge interest first.

DTEK60 / Z30
    05-27-17 02:06 PM
    Then Rogers, they had 7 and were not reservation units but again couldn't sell me the phone. Ugh, why?!

Just an update.. Stores have had stock for almost a week.. Since Monday.. Yet blackberry mobile and/or carriers refuse to sell early (which I cannot understand as to why..)
    In most cases, the store reps can't sell them to you because the details/SKU's are not in the system. BUT, that doesn't explain why Rogers Corp. won't load them until it's time wherein time means, the agreed upon street date. Which in itself is the answer.
    05-27-17 02:55 PM
    Are you sure?! I know you've been told by reps and some people have touched demo units, but there are some people here who are /absolutely/ sure that May 31st will be missed without a release and they have no info backing up their claim other than conjecture!
    05-27-17 03:19 PM
    Can't be smaller than the trusty ol' 9780. I still miss that phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 06:20 PM
    "we received""

Where are the numberssssss?
    05-27-17 06:34 PM
36 12