I have been seeing to much keyone hate by all these budding tech reviewers who probably want to give a controversial opinion to get more views...

But seriously, people should stop comparing KEYone to other phones... or any BlackBerry phone for that matter.

Most of us here at Crackberry are people associated in one way or the other with the corporate sector and these are the people who BlackBerry targets.

BlackBerry is not for the media junkie or entertainment addict. iphone and samsung are doing a fine job at being a good toy that happens to also communicate.

The sad part is most of these people compare the KEYone and iphone/s8 by their specs without realising that the average KEYone user doesn't care if his face looks good with a doggie filter. He also doesn't care if playing asphalt 8 is not as immersive as it is on a s8.

The KEYone user buys keyone because the hub is a ****in bomb... he buys it because he can hammer out mails at 80 words per minute on that keyboard. The launcher on BlackBerry is miles ahead of the cartoony mess of a touchwiz.

They should compare these things between the phones but ofcourse neither samsung nor iphone have anything first party to answer the hub.

Their glass keyboards are outclassed by the physical keyboard on the keyone infact even virtual keyboards of BlackBerry are better than the keyboard these phones come with.

Their build quality is so bad that they only look good in hand... when on concrete they don't look dat pretty anymore.

The wannabe reviewers should really atleast try an provide unbiased content.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-10-17 06:21 AM
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/keyone-disaster-1101197/

I don't what you up to OP. I just leave it here ..
    anon(2313227) and falbo like this.
    05-10-17 06:24 AM
    I will only comment that there is so much to comment on your comments.
    falbo likes this.
    05-10-17 06:35 AM
    I will only comment that there is so much to comment on your comments.
    They should compare a device that has a PKB but they never can. Until then, slabs and KEYone have different target markets.
    05-10-17 06:57 AM
    this guy loves making funny threads

Posted via CB10
    falbo and iamci like this.
    05-10-17 07:25 AM
    They should compare a device that has a PKB but they never can. Until then, slabs and KEYone have different target markets.
    Love the Jets logo. they made a good choice. I do think they will release a strong spec device with improvements next year...its what the market seems it needs. Good first attempt though. I just want to play with it already.

From the past 6 years though, they should have learned to reach the larger target market rather then go for the low hanging fruit. Then again its TCL or whatever they are called. next year will tell.
    05-10-17 07:27 AM
    Right. That's why there was a campaign to sign a petition to get NetFlix on BB10. Also why Kevin repeatedly posted about Instagram on BB10 because people wanted it so badly in here.

That's why the ridiculous "YouTube plays in the background on BlackBerry 10" threads constantly pop up, even though it's a completely ridiculous statement.

If what you said was true, then BB10 would have been a massive success in the Corporate sector, since these people, like myself, don't care about anything entertainment oriented.

Apple and Samsung are going after and have captured the corporate world and have shown that people can get work done on these phones, while also providing entertainment if it is wanted. People in the Corporate world aren't robots, and the "Tools not Toys" argument is a crock of ****.
    05-10-17 08:28 AM
    I would agree with you even though I use my phone very little for entertainment. I don't game and aside from a YouTube video when I want to see how to do something generally it's not a media consumption device. I'd a lot rather watch TV on my TV lol
    05-10-17 08:48 AM
    Right. That's why there was a campaign to sign a petition to get NetFlix on BB10. Also why Kevin repeatedly posted about Instagram on BB10 because people wanted it so badly in here.

That's why the ridiculous "YouTube plays in the background on BlackBerry 10" threads constantly pop up, even though it's a completely ridiculous statement.

If what you said was true, then BB10 would have been a massive success in the Corporate sector, since these people, like myself, don't care about anything entertainment oriented.

Apple and Samsung are going after and have captured the corporate world and have shown that people can get work done on these phones, while also providing entertainment if it is wanted. People in the Corporate world aren't robots, and the "Tools not Toys" argument is a crock of ****.
    Funny enough on your last point. When our corp made a witch to iPhone 4s...no one looked back that year. Me and a few others were only souls left with the 9780 from a crowd of 500+. Use of activeSync and superb UI work apps were just far better than anything BB had offered during those years, iPhone was just a much better communication and UI tool for us.

Only reason BB's did slightly better on battery life because aside of a dying bbm and emails there was nothing much useful you could have done on the bbos. Even when I gave the Classic a shot (which was such an awesome throw back device) after a few days without any app support in the end it felt as a basic $50 GoPhone phone.
    bluesqueen23 and Uzi like this.
    05-10-17 09:39 AM
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/keyone-disaster-1101197/

I don't what you up to OP. I just leave it here ..
    I still stand by my opinion of KEYone being a disaster. I can tell that it will not sell well.

But not selling well is not the same as not being a good phone.

Take BlackBerry Z30 for example... it is one of the best phones BlackBerry ever created... all time best. But it did not outsell the iphone 5s. Again, that doesn't mean that it is a bad phone.

Same with KEYone here. It will not and cannot outsell the iphone or samsung galaxy s8 and thats why KEYone is a disaster... but that doesn't mean that KEYone is a bad phone. Keyone is a great phone and I will surely buy one... but until then it is BlackBerry Passport for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 11:04 AM
    I still stand by my opinion of KEYone being a disaster. I can tell that it will not sell well.

But not selling well is not the same as not being a good phone.

Take BlackBerry Z30 for example... it is one of the best phones BlackBerry ever created... all time best. But it did not outsell the iphone 5s. Again, that doesn't mean that it is a bad phone.

Same with KEYone here. It will not and cannot outsell the iphone or samsung galaxy s8 and thats why KEYone is a disaster... but that doesn't mean that KEYone is a bad phone. Keyone is a great phone and I will surely buy one... but until then it is BlackBerry Passport for me.

Posted via CB10
    Lol not outselling the iPhone 8 or Galaxy S8 doesn't come close to making it a disaster. What's a disaster is anyone thinking that it would. TCL and BlackBerry don't expect it to sell more than either of those. They hope it sells well enough to succeed and so that future devices can be made.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-10-17 11:50 AM
    Lol not outselling the iPhone 8 or Galaxy S8 doesn't come close to making it a disaster. What's a disaster is anyone thinking that it would. TCL and BlackBerry don't expect it to sell more than either of those. They hope it sells well enough to succeed and so that future devices can be made.
    Iam not very concerned about it outselling a certain phone... all I am saying is that it will sell in Z30 numbers.... and it will end up a disaster for tcl and BlackBerry who have spent so much on this phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 03:44 AM
    Iam not very concerned about it outselling a certain phone... all I am saying is that it will sell in Z30 numbers.... and it will end up a disaster for tcl and BlackBerry who have spent so much on this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Ok but that's a completely different statement than what you made before. You said "It will not and cannot out sell the iPhone 8 or S8 therefore it is a disaster." Make up your mind on what you consider this phone's sales to be a disaster.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-11-17 07:12 AM
    So much speculation. So much criticism. I know it doesn't make for any reading, however, let's just wait and see, how things progress. The only thing that matters is will this phone prompt any more? That we will see. What would be nice, is to see what TCL shows as the vision. Is it mid range or whatever, or are they going to build something that is beautiful, is state of the art with components, solidly built, has a genuine reason to be created, and a genuine purpose. I am thinking something that evolves with the user, and is translated into to the next iteration. This is where the apples and androids excel, build what people want, make improvements but keep it similar. Keep in mind people are averse to change.
    05-15-17 11:19 AM
    Stop complaining, stop whining, stop to justify everything. Just enjoy your device if you like it, and if others do not like it just ignore it.

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    Last edited by Moon_Man; 05-19-17 at 01:11 PM.
    05-15-17 02:06 PM