So I finally got the go ahead to order a few KEYones for work. I went on bestbuy and i'm seeing "shipping not available" and "in store pickup not available". I go on amazon and there are no real options either. It's either used or some other store jacking up the price to 699 for a new one. Anyone else noticing this? I wonder if it means anything.
    08-22-17 09:34 AM
    I'm just trying to find an unlocked version of the phone in Canada and we still don't have that option...

Anyone know how we can tell if the Keyones sold now are the newer, stronger adhesive, batch?
    08-22-17 09:38 AM
    So I finally got the go ahead to order a few KEYones for work. I went on bestbuy and i'm seeing "shipping not available" and "in store pickup not available". I go on amazon and there are no real options either. It's either used or some other store jacking up the price to 699 for a new one. Anyone else noticing this? I wonder if it means anything.
    I found GSM KEYones available for sale yesterday on BestBuy and Amazon yesterday. No issues yesterday so maybe you're just a day late?
    08-22-17 10:09 AM
    Was that for sale by Amazon.com or by Blackberry Mobile/TCL Communications? I've been checking those two sellers every day for 2 weeks and they've always said "usually ships 1 or 2 months".
    08-22-17 01:24 PM
    I found GSM KEYones available for sale yesterday on BestBuy and Amazon yesterday. No issues yesterday so maybe you're just a day late?
    i was looking yesterday evening and it was all out of stock too. i wonder whats going on
    08-22-17 04:08 PM
    i was looking yesterday evening and it was all out of stock too. i wonder whats going on
    They have been out of stock for the last three days I've been checking in Chicago.
    08-22-17 04:35 PM
    It was about 2pm Eastern when I checked yesterday. Good luck..
    08-22-17 05:08 PM
    Every time i go to amazon it says 1- 2 months to ship and its been like that for the last couple weeks at least when i check in. Wth is going on are they literally making 5-10 phones a week only ? i would have guessed that by now you could have gotten one without this much of a hassle.
    08-22-17 06:37 PM
    I see adverts on TV now in the US, not very good use of $$$ if stock is not available to meet demand.
    08-22-17 07:05 PM
    I was thinking of getting the CDMA one for VZW, but Best Buy is out of stock, and Amazon 3rd party sellers are price gouging. Is this due to the Screen fix?

Also, anyone have a clue when the CDMA variant will be available? Are we thinking weeks, or months???
    08-23-17 03:55 PM
    There is none in stock on either beat buy or amazon except used ones and over priced ones on amazon. TCL is probably changing production and improving on issues that have come to their attention like capacitive buttons and keyboard issues.
    08-23-17 04:01 PM
    Here's hope for an antenna gate fix.....
    08-23-17 08:40 PM
    Here's hope for an antenna gate fix.....
    Do you mean the reception issues some are having? Do you think the lack of stock is them retooling the device (besides the screen pop fix)???
    08-23-17 10:58 PM
    The lack of stock is simply due to very low overall production of the phones, coupled with the fact that TCL is gradually opening up new markets every couple of weeks. Amazon seems to be getting (only) several hundred K1s per month at most, and Best Buy less than that. B&H Photo Video is also getting only a handful per month.

Adding adhesive to the screens isn't a major change that requires significant retooling, and that fix has been in place for several weeks already according to TCL, so it's really just that TCL isn't making very many. They don't want to overstock and be forced to discount phones (as BB has always done), so they're only making them as they feel demand will keep up.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-24-17 12:36 AM
    The lack of stock is simply due to very low overall production of the phones, coupled with the fact that TCL is gradually opening up new markets every couple of weeks. Amazon seems to be getting (only) several hundred K1s per month at most, and Best Buy less than that. B&H Photo Video is also getting only a handful per month.

Adding adhesive to the screens isn't a major change that requires significant retooling, and that fix has been in place for several weeks already according to TCL, so it's really just that TCL isn't making very many. They don't want to overstock and be forced to discount phones (as BB has always done), so they're only making them as they feel demand will keep up.
    The demand is clearly there, no company makes phones a few hundred at a time, they do production runs in the thousands at a time, even the small ones. I think they simply aren't capable of making more, or many of them aren't passing through quality control.
    08-24-17 01:45 AM
    Two days ago, Amazon.de went from 'ships in 1 - 2 months' to '2 - 4 weeks' !
    Maybe they ship by continent.
    A few hundred to the Americas.
    The next few hundred to Europe.
    Then another few To Asia.
    And so on...

And while one continent gets some, the others have to wait.....

[not entirely serious]
    08-24-17 06:50 AM
    I'm just trying to find an unlocked version of the phone in Canada and we still don't have that option...

Anyone know how we can tell if the Keyones sold now are the newer, stronger adhesive, batch?
    Somebody here said that BBMo support claimed that they strengthened adhesive from 'early July on'.
    So I personally would reject all K1s with a production date earlier than mid July.
    08-24-17 06:51 AM
    Two days ago, Amazon.de went from 'ships in 1 - 2 months' to '2 - 4 weeks' !
    Maybe they ship by continent.
    A few hundred to the Americas.
    The next few hundred to Europe.
    Then another few To Asia.
    And so on...

And while one continent gets some, the others have to wait.....

[not entirely serious]
    Back to 1 to 2 months on Amazon. No stock in between.
    Ridiculous.
    08-29-17 11:47 AM