All my pics and videos save to my SD card yet get errors that I cannot delete them as the app doesn't have access to my SD card and I'm to use the Gallery app, which doesn't exist. Using a file explorer is not a good option.

So what's the alternatives?
    09-16-18 02:40 PM
    All my pics and videos save to my SD card yet get errors that I cannot delete them as the app doesn't have access to my SD card and I'm to use the Gallery app, which doesn't exist. Using a file explorer is not a good option.

Have you gone to Main Settings, apps, and then found Google Photo and tried changing its Permissions?

Why is a file manager not a good option. Again, you might have to give it PERMISSION to work on the sd-card.

I guess if you really want to delete photos from the card, you could use a card reader on a computer and delete files from there???
    09-16-18 02:57 PM
    I had to go on my Computer.. Find the url to g photos ... which is not easy to find.. And delete them all. I do not save to there, anymore. What a PITA ... love my sd card
    09-16-18 02:59 PM
    Yes the app has access to storage. File Manager's thumbnails are way too small to see what photo it is and you have to go to different places to wherever it decides to store a camera photo versus a video versus a pic downloaded etc etc.
    09-16-18 03:01 PM
    having to physically connect a phone to a laptop to delete things is not an option. This issue keeps getting fixed, then breaks, then works again.

the problem is a "delete" is a "move to bin" which I don't know where that is and do NOT sync to Google cloud.
    09-16-18 03:04 PM
    And why does it keep saying go to the Gallery App? I don't have that on the KeyOne.
    09-16-18 03:06 PM
    having to physically connect a phone to a laptop to delete things is not an option. This issue keeps getting fixed, then breaks, then works again.

the problem is a "delete" is a "move to bin" which I don't know where that is and do NOT sync to Google cloud.
    I didn't connect phone to laptop. I open Chrome, found the url to G pictures and deleted them.
    09-16-18 03:30 PM
    I don't sync to Google cloud so that's not an option either.
    09-16-18 03:31 PM
    I don't sync to Google cloud so that's not an option either.
    Sorry, at the top it said... unable to deleted Google photos

That was how I deleted mine. Maybe it will help someone else.
    09-16-18 03:36 PM
    No worries. I wish Blackberry would offer cloud backup for its customers versus Google or maybe a OneDrive sync.
    09-16-18 03:38 PM
    No worries. I wish Blackberry would offer cloud backup for its customers versus Google or maybe a OneDrive sync.
    I use Dropbox. You can make it store all photo's to that. I stopped it. The easiest and best way, for me, is the sd card. I used Google pic, you can't see anything.. getting too old to see it lol. And the backup drives (like onedrive) fill up WAY TOO FAST. I can't be bothered. I like the sd card. Until one day, they don't have that, anymore
    09-16-18 03:43 PM

OK.. I have Piktures ... I can't delete lots of photo's from there.. it tells me it needs to know where on the SD card, they are. Stupid. Anyway, I also use Image Gallery which works for all picture and deletes them all. They only reason I often use Pixtures is I get tired of the ads on Image Gallery. Especially the vids it does when you are on wifi

Try it out

Image Gallery

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dicklam.gallery

Edit: maybe that won't help. The app needs access. Delete the app and when you install it, give it access to sd card.
    09-16-18 03:51 PM
    Megasync gives you 50GB for free
    09-18-18 02:46 AM
    You could easily use OneDrive. Just download the app and have it sync. You don't need BlackBerry to choose to use another app.
    09-18-18 11:06 AM
    I have OneDrive and use it often to save things to it but there is no builtin "sync" to OneDrive. The only way to "sync" to OneDrive would be to manually copy to it? Also, my images are all on an SD card so not sure how to schedule a sync on the device from SD card to OneDrive.
    09-18-18 11:16 AM
    I have OneDrive and use it often to save things to it but there is no builtin "sync" to OneDrive. The only way to "sync" to OneDrive would be to manually copy to it? Also, my images are all on an SD card so not sure how to schedule a sync on the device from SD card to OneDrive.
    You can sync pix to Dropbox automatically.

On computer, you can open Dropbox and get your pix. And you can delete them, easily while on computer.
    09-28-18 11:03 AM
    I don't want to have to connect my PC to my Phone when I want to backup or delete. Shouldn't I be able to do all of this on my phone directly? Computers aren't going to have usb cables soon so there has to be better options.
    09-28-18 11:07 AM
    Also, I used onedrive. I didn't find it useful for all the reason you said plus many more. Maybe time to move on to something that works.
    09-28-18 11:08 AM
    I don't want to have to connect my PC to my Phone when I want to backup or delete. Shouldn't I be able to do all of this on my phone directly? Computers aren't going to have usb cables soon so there has to be better options.
    You don't have to connect pc to phone.

Automatically put pix on Dropbox on phone.
    Don't connect phone to pc.
    Go to pc.. Open Dropbox. And pix are there
    09-28-18 11:11 AM
    How does one get pics that are on an SD card on your phone into Dropbox ie "automatically put pix on Dropbox on phone?" I don't see any sync options within the Photos App or File Explorer to set a sync to Dropbox. This is a feature I'd love to see. My OneDrive as 1TB of storage so would love to use that.
    09-28-18 11:15 AM
    I have desktop on pc. And the app on phone. Phone syncs pix to a folder I chose. On pc, I open desktop and my pix on in that folder. No connection is done between pc and phone.Attachment 440377
    09-28-18 11:17 AM
    How does one get pics that are on an SD card on your phone into Dropbox ie "automatically put pix on Dropbox on phone?" I don't see any sync options within the Photos App or File Explorer to set a sync to Dropbox. This is a feature I'd love to see. My OneDrive as 1TB of storage so would love to use that.
    Download the app and when you set it up, tell it to sync pictures.

When you want to get pix on your pc, get the desktop version. You can see all your photo's. I told it to put my pix into a folder I called BB pix. You can delete them. Put them on your pc. After you put them on pc, I delete them on dropbox. You can hold hold so much.

It will not work for photo's you already have taken. I don't think. It's possible it uploads all your photo's but I can't recall.
    09-28-18 11:38 AM
    OneDrive also has a desktop version.

I stopped using it. It wasn't as friendly as dropbox.
    09-28-18 11:43 AM
    Actually, you can open your folders (where your This PC is) and onedrive is already there. You can use that to get your pictures. I don't know if they delete ON PHONE when you delete them there.

And, if I recall, you can set up onedrive to automatically put pictures
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...7-32d0082226f8

Seems it does everything dropbox can do

Attachment 440379

onedrive and dropbox, you have to use their space.

What you can NOT do, that I know of, is save to sc card and get them to pc, easily. Now that is an app we definitely need!! From sc card to pc without connection (or using bluetooth because bluetooth sucks)

I recently gave up using db and od space. I prefer using my sd card. But times are changing and phone companies are Making use change... even if we like something, we can no longer use it
    09-28-18 12:17 PM
    I disabled Google Photos and installed "Simple Gallery." Zero issues whatsoever and many more options.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-22-18 12:02 PM