2019 and still no native File Manager for BB keyONE. ???
    Where can I Get It?
    This is so annoying.
    Theres no ". Files" app either, tho some claim to have it. Only one I can find is "Files. ". by GooGoo?
    I want a factory app pls. If there is one. Or at least 1 with few ads.
    Is there at least a File Manager included with the keyTWO. ???

So, I guess that's 2 questions.

Android security patch May 5, 2018
    AT and T.

This wouldnt post til I added all the weird spaces, sorry, CB called it spam
    03-25-19 03:51 PM
    If you don't have the files app, it's because whatever variant you have.. presumably AT&T based on your info.. excluded it. As for a link, BlackBerry issued a DMCA for it to be taken down from APKMirror.. have to find it elsewhere. - https://send.firefox.com/download/e2...mCj7Zx45E2LgkA

(File will expire after 100 downloads or 7 days)
    03-25-19 04:01 PM
    2019 and still no native File Manager for BB keyONE. ???
    Where can I Get It?
    This is so annoying.
    Theres no ". Files" app either, tho some claim to have it. Only one I can find is "Files. ". by GooGoo?
    I want a factory app pls. If there is one. Or at least 1 with few ads.
    Is there at least a File Manager included with the keyTWO. ???

So, I guess that's 2 questions.

Android security patch May 5, 2018
    AT and T.

This wouldnt post til I added all the weird spaces, sorry, CB called it spam
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ AT&T-branded device (PRD-63116-036) does NOT have the Locker / File apps - they opted out.

Use Solid Explorer anyway - it's far better.
    03-25-19 05:11 PM
    You can also use Asus file explorer if you like a simple but useful explorer, or ES explorer for more advanced features (ie transfer files over wifi between the keyone and a Playbook )
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-25-19 05:59 PM
    Asus File Manager does Wi-Fi transfers too. And, unless you pay for ES File Explorer Pro, you get ads with regular ES File Explorer.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-25-19 06:16 PM
    You can also use Asus file explorer if you like a simple but useful explorer, or ES explorer for more advanced features (ie transfer files over wifi between the keyone and a Playbook )
    Please don't recommend ES. Cheetah Mobile is a horrible company and ES has become an ad-ridden mess. Solid Explorer is better, even the free Classic version with much lower ad count.
    03-25-19 06:24 PM
    Considering Asus software updates for PCs were hacked, leading to back doors being installed on half a million PCS, I'll pass on their Android file manager. I don't want to pick on them, though. I would never trust a free or nearly free utility from a company that does not provide an explicit security warranty to manage my sensitive information.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-25-19 06:29 PM
    Considering Asus software updates for PCs were hacked, leading to back doors being installed on half a million PCS, I'll pass on their Android file manager. I don't want to pick on them, though. I would never trust a free or nearly free utility from a company that does not provide an explicit security warranty to manage my sensitive information.

Well the PC issue in one thing - and alarming since I have an Asus motherboard for my PC I built 4 years ago, but I don't use their update software. However, the android file manager was for their phones and tablets. It's not available separately. Like how the TCL/BlackBerry Files apps was extracted and made available, that's how the Asus File Manager app has been made available.
    03-25-19 08:17 PM
    Well the PC issue in one thing - and alarming since I have an Asus motherboard for my PC I built 4 years ago, but I don't use their update software. However, the android file manager was for their phones and tablets. It's not available separately. Like how the TCL/BlackBerry Files apps was extracted and made available, that's how the Asus File Manager app has been made available.
    Certainly there's no reason to assume that the compromise of their PC updates would extend to their Android software. My general point is that the fewer vendors and apps used the smaller the attack surface.

My attitude is that a third party app should be practically indispensable before the benefits outweigh the risks. Apple and Google have worked hard to normalize promiscuous app downloading, but it's an inherently dumb way to work. I think users should be as careful with installing apps as they are in handing out their house keys.

03-25-19 09:42 PM
    Whatever file manager is used, I recommend using something like Lucky Patcher to remove it's internet access ability.

I've done this with the Asus file manager and it continues to work fine.
    03-26-19 07:34 PM
    Whatever file manager is used, I recommend using something like Lucky Patcher to remove it's internet access ability.

There's a certain irony in worrying about internet access on an app, yet installing Lucky Patcher, of which there's thousands of non-official APK's out there of, to remove it lol.
    03-26-19 07:47 PM
    There's a certain irony in worrying about internet access on an app, yet installing Lucky Patcher to remove it lol.
    Defense in depth - using a firewall to prevent internet access to Lucky patcher lol. Infact, I think I used lucky patcher on itself at one point.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    03-26-19 07:49 PM
    Defense in depth - using a firewall to prevent internet access to Lucky patcher lol. Infact, I think I used lucky patcher on itself at one point.
    Wise fella.
    03-26-19 07:50 PM

So, you just can't use it to access Google Drive or OneDrive?
    03-26-19 09:23 PM
    So, you just can't use it to access Google Drive or OneDrive?
    Right.
    Two options, use a firewall to prevent the trackers from communicating while trying to permit just wanted connections (Google Drive/One Drive), or completely remove the ability for the app to communicate all together.
    03-26-19 09:30 PM
    or get one from a company that isnt stealing you info and not worry like a tinfoil ninny lol
    03-26-19 09:54 PM
    or get one from a company that isnt stealing you info and not worry like a tinfoil ninny lol
    The only one I know of is Simple File Manager by Simple Mobile Tools (It comes without internet permission and therefore no trackers or direct risk of it compromising your data).

Do you have a recommendation?

All the other file managers mentioned in this thread contain security flaws or trackers.
    ES being the worst.
    https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/16/an...r-expose-data/
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/tech...ticle28865055/

I also just found ES trying to connect to a server called facemap... not sure what that's about, but the name doesn't inspire confidence.

ASUS contains facebook trackers, while Solid contains google trackers.
    03-26-19 10:08 PM
    ES has been known to be quite bad for a long time. They do have lots of great features but i would never use them again.

Solid has been a fine choice IMO. You are using android OS, so google trackers are already part of the game. It could be much worse and I do want to be able to access cloud storage as well
    03-26-19 10:19 PM
    I just use the native Android tools, adding a "downloads" shortcut to my home screen. It's very limited compared to BB10, but I prefer not having to worry about increasing risk for such a critical component.

I will never use a third party file manager unless it's open source and thoroughly audited by a reputable group.

03-27-19 06:59 AM
    unless it's open source and thoroughly audited by a reputable group.
    F-Droid has a few File Managers (doubt any have cloud intergration) and there is XDA's manager (can't remember what it's called).
    03-27-19 09:44 AM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ AT&T-branded device (PRD-63116-036) does NOT have the Locker / File apps - they opted out.

Use Solid Explorer anyway - it's far better.
    Agree with Solid explorer. My only complaints are that it doesn't do OneDrive For Business and OneDrive often needs removed and added to reset it.

My AT&T KeyOne does have Files and Locker. I'm not sure why some do and some don't. It showed up late last year with one of the updates.
    03-30-19 02:11 PM